Watch as stewardess attempts to land A320 - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Watch as stewardess attempts to land A320

watch as stewardess attempts to land a320

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 warmnfuzzyar

warmnfuzzyar

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 8632 posts

Posted January 16 2016 - 03:54 PM

If Lew Alcindor can fly a plane she can

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 bigbore44

bigbore44

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 3948 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 16 2016 - 03:54 PM

Good video, thanks for posting. But he could have been a little more descriptive in the location of the controls he was telling her to operate. I was getting frustrated on her behalf.

#23 Patshan

Patshan

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 7 posts
  • LocationBohemia, NY

Posted January 17 2016 - 04:40 PM

I was an Air Traffic Controller for 20 years. The Airbus has a CAT3 button that will allow the plane to autoland once lined up with the MLS approach. I have been in the cockpit for it and the pilots just cross their arms and let the aircraft do all the work. It is pretty nerve racking but really cool at the same time. The pilots, aircraft and airport all need to be CAT3 qualified to do it.

The one thing that is misleading.... The controllers have NO IDEA how to fly that plane.

We don't have a room full of pilot's who are qualified on every different type of aircraft to talk the flight attendant down. LOL.
  • grifhunter likes this

#24 nissii

nissii

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 130 posts

Posted January 17 2016 - 05:09 PM

Excellent video! Learned a lot watching.

#25 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• 2787 posts
  • Location700 Miles South of the $hit Hole!

Posted January 17 2016 - 06:17 PM

A few things that jump out right off the bat..
1... Stewardess?? Its now Flight attendant!!
2.. Cockpit?? Its now Box office
3..You want to see something impressive...ask a PILOT to land that thing manually...unheard of today

I was a controller for 30 years ...pilots today ***** before accepting a control instruction that requires them touch the yoke....

#26 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• 2787 posts
  • Location700 Miles South of the $hit Hole!

Posted January 17 2016 - 06:31 PM

I was an Air Traffic Controller for 20 years. The Airbus has a CAT3 button that will allow the plane to autoland once lined up with the MLS approach. I have been in the cockpit for it and the pilots just cross their arms and let the aircraft do all the work. It is pretty nerve racking but really cool at the same time. The pilots, aircraft and airport all need to be CAT3 qualified to do it.

The one thing that is misleading.... The controllers have NO IDEA how to fly that plane.

We don't have a room full of pilot's who are qualified on every different type of aircraft to talk the flight attendant down. LOL.

I just saw your name ...LOL what's up brother!! Im CV ..still ride? Welcome to the site!!

#27 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• 2184 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted January 18 2016 - 12:45 AM

IWe don't have a room full of pilot's who are qualified on every different type of aircraft to talk the flight attendant down. LOL.

What, you can't just fetch Rex Kramer?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: watch, as, stewardess, attempts, to, land, a320

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users