Once in a Life time Fishing Trip - Page 2 - Fishing - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Once in a Life time Fishing Trip

once in life time fishing trip

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 25 2015 - 07:28 PM

This is so tempting.... A few years supply of fish in the freezer.... It's out of my comfort zone ( that's why I watch it on tv ) The closest I've come to a trip like this is once we did a day charter to "the Canyon" . I never thought there could be so many biting flies in such a dead calm on the hottest day of the summer, 80 miles from shore

still tempting , price sounds great..

Never had bugs out there we normally fish 80- 140 miles anchoring on each spot... We catch live bait at night with nets flying fish awesome bait and chuck fresh king fish for bait. OMG Grouper , Mutton Snapper, Back straps of Albacore , Yellow tail, and a bunch of others is some of the best fish I've ever eaten. If the Red Snapper is open wow he will get in a spot and you drop down and hook up instantly all Monsters great eating. We have a fish dinner one night we catch a bunch for the guys all caught on the boat and cooked with side dishes. We have a yellow tail lunch on the way back which is awesome.One night its Steak we eat good. Breakfast eggs , Bacon, cheese , sausage and rolls
  • nedbal likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 nedbal

nedbal

win support for firearms - train a new shooter

• Club LIF Member
  • 1688 posts
  • LocationFreeport R&R is my closest range, great place

Posted December 30 2015 - 09:43 AM

This could become like a bucket list item to me that I'm taking a second look

Is this the trip? boat can hold 52 spots

deep drops? your guys use the power assist reels? if so are they supplied?

Reels-

If you are going to utilize electric/power assist reels for daytime deep dropping in 600-1200 ft. of water

3 Day Pulley Ridge Adventure

$670 per person (plus Florida State Tax)
A trip for those who want to fish place beyond the Dry Tortugas! This is a combo trip that focus mostly on deep drops. You can expect blueline tilefish, golden tilefish, snowy grouper, yellowedge grouper, warsaw grouper, queen snapper, blackbelly rosefish and up to another dozen species. On previous trips we caught up to 24 different types of fish. You can expect up to 28 hours of deep drop fishing plus snapper. grouper and tuna fishing at night. During the day we will be deep dropping up to 900 feet. At night we will anchoring or drifting focusing on muttons. blackfin snappers and blackfin tunas. The second day we will be deep dropping from sunrise to sunset. We will steam home at night and have you back at the dock on the morning of the third day. This trip has the potential to be a big producer. This trip is a ultra limited load with a limit of 20 anglers. It follows all of our Limited Load Trip policies. Please contact Capt. Greg if you have any questions

#23 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted December 30 2015 - 10:10 AM

What time are ppl flying down sunday?
Where/when do ppl meet up?

#24 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted December 30 2015 - 10:19 AM

Ps- is decent rental tackle available?

#25 nedbal

nedbal

win support for firearms - train a new shooter

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1688 posts
  • LocationFreeport R&R is my closest range, great place

Posted December 30 2015 - 12:42 PM

Just spoke with ransom - looking to meet up with one of the group locally - seems they meet up Sunday afternoon , have dinner etc the night before

Ps- is decent rental tackle available?

all included.... fresh bait (recommended) a bit extra

they fish 100' waters

#26 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 30 2015 - 12:44 PM

Yes fly down Sunday hang out get some sun setup your bunks ...we do dinner with group have drinks relax sleep on boat Sunday night. Monday morning guys grab breakfast then we rig , ice down fresh baits and set sail. We get back to dock Thursday. Tackle all supplied if you need it No Charge all included , Tips all included, Food All included and fish cleaning all included. Just come we set you all up show you the ropes and enjoy I deal with all the coordination and stress. LOL Believe me its a lot to put this together and make everything go smooth. Yes I believe his tackle was new last year . Boat has Diawa Saltest Reels and rods all need to be good shape these fish don't play around.

Edited by Ransom, December 30 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#27 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 30 2015 - 01:48 PM

Will try and set you up on flt with other guys that know the ropes .. Boat 100' from the Hog Fish Grill Stock Island . https://www.google.c...ll stock island The boat http://yankeecapts.com/ remember this trip all inclusive

#28 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted January 06 2016 - 10:20 PM

Bump....... Have only 4 spots left on Limit of 25 guys before Obama Bans Fishing.
  • grifhunter likes this

#29 Blade21

Blade21

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1787 posts

Posted January 06 2016 - 11:54 PM

I wish this was last year or next year. Im expecting my wife to pop out our baby on the 5th so i wont have time for anything. I would love to go!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: once, in, life, time, fishing, trip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users