Once in a Life time Fishing Trip - Fishing - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Once in a Life time Fishing Trip

once in life time fishing trip

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 24 2015 - 08:17 PM

First off I don't do this to make money or as a business this is just because I love to fish. This is not to advertise anything other then something LIF members may enjoy. I've been running many different trips From the keys to Maine for 30 years with a great network of guys. This trip is very special but having tough time filling some spots for the first time. Many of my regulars are not able to come. So I'm looking for few guys , your friends or a group that want to join in on a great trip. I limit boat to certain number so we have plenty of fishing room to enjoy. Please contact me about trip as I run this its closed to the general public.

Yankee Capts Privite Charter
EXTENDED TRIP this trip will be 6 years running. THESE TRIPS HAVE BEEN UNBELIEVABLE where fishing 100 Plus miles out of key west not far from the Dry Tortugas in some of the best fishing Grounds you'll ever experience.
Dates boat departs February 22nd Monday 1pm back home Thursday 25th 10AM -12 Pm. MANY HOURS OF FISHING TIME!
Details........

Limited number of fisherman...
Target Muttons, Grouper, yellowtail and too much to list we have caught everything...
ONE PRICE COVERS ALL...$750

The Boat Mates around the clock Includes all cleaning of Fish normally they do charge not on this trip
Full meal plan Included .....
All Tips included......
All rods and tackle Included if needed
Seminar on Boat on Rigging and Targeting techniques included
One price covers all Except Freshly caught bait which I can get.
The bait is your choice you place the order I get Goggle eye , Ballyhoo , Speedos on ice never frozen departure day. I strongly suggest getting fresh bait.
The boat does supply bait which is included but I recommend the fresh.
Most guys fly down SUNDAY Normally we get together for local Dinner and drinks in Key West.
Sunday Night we spend the night on the boat while still tied up. Boat has nice cold A/C and large bunks.

Monday guys grab Breakfast and prepare for trip Rigs, Bait, Ice, Etc.. We have experienced guys who will walk you through the process...

Boat departs MONDAY 1pm... 4 hrs. later your pulling up fish till Thursday morning then boat heads back arriving back to dock around 11AM-12PM.

Fish around the Clock....Night or day.... need a break grab a nap, lay on top deck get some sun or have a bite to eat..
A bunch of guys stay in Key west Thursday night and depart Friday.
That's your choice..
We also know how to get the fish on the plane all iced down ready for the table when you get home.
Some guys group together drive down arrive Sunday and get back on road Thursday all your choice.
This is a great get away when the winter is getting to ya.. while its 10 degrees you break away to 80 degrees and Sun in 100 miles off in crystal clear water fishing off the coast of Key West bailing fish. A trip you'll always remember..
If interested get to me soon or you miss out... This is a great group of guys.... Check out the boats website http://yankeecapts.com/ I put the boats website so you can look for yourself. PM me If interested just remember I do all inclusive which is not offered normally on your own. This is a Private Charter I don't want guys to feel like there getting nickeled and dimed to death that's the deal I worked out so one price covers all. I posted a few pictures but that nothing we fill tote and totes of fish.

Attached Thumbnails

• HPIM0676.jpg
  • 005.JPG
  • dry tortugas 2-12 018.JPG

Edited by Ransom, December 24 2015 - 08:25 PM.

• O1SalsaX, li02liberty, MossbergMan and 3 others like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#2 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 24 2015 - 10:03 PM

A few more pic

Attached Thumbnails

• 62_5%20YANKEE%20CAPTS%20MARCH%202014.jpg
  • 011.JPG

#3 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 24 2015 - 10:09 PM

Giant Mutton Snapper is the prize target by way check the website the boats 100' and guys take breaks sleep or what ever so with number of guys limited on Private trip load of fishing room. Many times there will be 10 guys or less at the rail .

Attached Thumbnails

• dry tortugas 2-12 037.JPG

Edited by Ransom, December 24 2015 - 10:11 PM.

• zx9allday likes this

#4 gunsngolf

gunsngolf

Semper Fi Semper Paratus

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6423 posts
  • LocationRight Overthere

Posted December 24 2015 - 10:11 PM

If I had the cash to get there I would be in. It sounds like an amazing time. Spend a week in February in Key West fishing, what more could you want?
  • Ransom, zx9allday and Hunter6874 like this

#5 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 24 2015 - 10:13 PM

The boats docked 100' from the Hog Fish Grill on Stock Island a hotspot with great food and great bar. So after dinner Sunday night guys roll right onto boat into there bunks captain run the Generator and you sleep like a baby in the cold A/C.. Monday when the boat departs its all fishing , laughs, food, for four days. The mates are top notch and your hot meals are cooked by chef.

Edited by Ransom, December 24 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#6 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 24 2015 - 10:19 PM

If I had the cash to get there I would be in. It sounds like an amazing time. Spend a week in February in Key West fishing, what more could you want?

It is a great trip a vacation on a boat out of key West fishing for 4 days in comfort. You can just drop a line to the bottom and catch just about anything Chicken rigging Giant Porgy's , Yellow Tail, King Fish, Black fin Tuna....But most rig for Grouper and Mutton Snapper. We have caught just about everything you never know and its not fished that hard he's pretty much the only boat that run that far. Giant Albacore as big as you never know out there . I Know one thing is you will be doubled over at the rail with some big Monsters at times guaranteed.

#7 mongo

mongo

INFIDEL

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 7262 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted December 24 2015 - 11:23 PM

Awsome looking fish.....Im stuck fishing in my little boat because every time I have any extra money around..I am compelled to give it to Campsite or pick any other LGS.....I write them all off as dependence on my taxes......
  • Huntington Guy likes this

#8 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted December 25 2015 - 12:06 AM

Any photos of the cabin, berths, galley, heads?
  • grifhunter and Short Track Hunter like this

#9 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted December 25 2015 - 12:10 AM

With a small group, as long as the clients were all ok with it, is there any chance to get some diving in on this trip? Are you fishing structure or wrecks? If diving were ok would spearing be ok?

#10 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 25 2015 - 12:15 AM

I probably have some check out the website . The cabin has tables to sit or eat. Down below deck are the bunks. The gallery has it own area they call you when food is ready. Some guys fish some eat then they fish you eat. Two heads comfortable one has shower but were concervative on fresh water for showers. Big upper deck to lounge out if you like. Bunks are comfortable nice size for you and some gear. It's fine for what we do never heard complaints
  • Huntington Guy likes this

#11 M1014

M1014

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1273 posts

Posted December 25 2015 - 01:18 AM

When packing, please be mindful of the Yankee Capts liquor policy: Hard liquor is prohibited. Beer is limited to 3 bottles or less a person per day. A beer cannot be opened until 3 miles off shore and there is no drinking one half hour before arrival at the dock. We do not tolerate over-drinking. If the captain believes an individual has had too much to drink, the captain has the right to curtail alcohol consumption by that individual. The captain may terminate the fishing trip (or charter) at any time, without refund, if one or more individuals become intoxicated or uncontrollable. In addition, no individual(s) will be allowed aboard before a trip if found intoxicated & will forfeit the price of the trip or charter if paid in advance. Your full cooperation is expected and appreciated.

#12 M1014

M1014

Gun Guru

• 1273 posts

Posted December 25 2015 - 01:18 AM

4 days and only a 12 pack!

#13 zx9allday

zx9allday

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 3151 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted December 25 2015 - 01:27 AM

Holy crap those fish are monsterous!!!! If I could take off work, id be in !!

#14 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 25 2015 - 02:51 AM

When packing, please be mindful of the Yankee Capts liquor policy: Hard liquor is prohibited. Beer is limited to 3 bottles or less a person per day. A beer cannot be opened until 3 miles off shore and there is no drinking one half hour before arrival at the dock. We do not tolerate over-drinking. If the captain believes an individual has had too much to drink, the captain has the right to curtail alcohol consumption by that individual. The captain may terminate the fishing trip (or charter) at any time, without refund, if one or more individuals become intoxicated or uncontrollable. In addition, no individual(s) will be allowed aboard before a trip if found intoxicated & will forfeit the price of the trip or charter if paid in advance. Your full cooperation is expected and appreciated.

lol nice to be on private charter we have a great crew of guys. One time in 30 years of doing trips I had one jerk. Guys drink responsibility but I'll be the first to hear about someone out of control and deal with it. Yes I strongly am against hard liquor don't want to loose anyone over the side and ruin a great trip. Beer never had an issue and Cuomo is not on the boat I'll leave it at that. My job is to make the trip easy and memorable I deal with all the prep and issue the guys just get on the boat and enjoy

#15 Sig

Sig

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationWrong Island

Posted December 25 2015 - 04:51 AM

I'd love to go but I already have a fishing trip booked that same week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Ransom likes this

#16 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• 1143 posts

Posted December 25 2015 - 06:37 AM

Key West is fun in itself. I've been there a few times. We went fishing once just for the afternoon. Got a lot of little fish, then the local restaurant cooked them up for a small fee.

#17 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38956 posts

Posted December 25 2015 - 10:01 AM

Automatic message - This topic has been moved from Chit-Chat to Fishing - Open Discussions

#18 Habsfan

Habsfan

Member of the secret Canadian Mafia

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 5781 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted December 25 2015 - 12:01 PM

Looks awesome! If I could swing it I would definitely be in!!!!
  • Ransom likes this

#19 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted December 25 2015 - 12:58 PM

For $750 its really a good deal considering the price of a hotel but your fishing all food and gear included. The nice weather large upper deck If you want to relax and enjoy the weather , place to lay your head that's comfortable and catch some incredible fish. The Muttons are all Big not like the over fished waters close to shore. Everything big and these fish all fight hard. Being limited amount of guys you can see in some of the pictures you have all the room you need no crowds very comfortable not like an open boat. Like I mentioned we walk you thru the process I have some great connections to get the best baits. We always do great and guys love this trip. Just the fact that If you don't want to rig target the big fish you just drop down with what we call a Chicken rig and catch fish after fish many times even big fish. We mainly fish hard bottom and reefs .
  • nedbal likes this

#20 nedbal

nedbal

win support for firearms - train a new shooter

• Club LIF Member
  • 1688 posts
  • LocationFreeport R&R is my closest range, great place

Posted December 25 2015 - 02:47 PM

This is so tempting.... A few years supply of fish in the freezer.... It's out of my comfort zone ( that's why I watch it on tv ) The closest I've come to a trip like this is once we did a day charter to "the Canyon" . I never thought there could be so many biting flies in such a dead calm on the hottest day of the summer, 80 miles from shore

still tempting , price sounds great..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: once, in, life, time, fishing, trip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users