Port Jeff Army/Navy Fights Cuomo - Page 3 - FFLs Listings & Reviews - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Port Jeff Army/Navy Fights Cuomo

port jeff armynavy fights cuomo

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 gripper

gripper

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1949 posts

Posted December 14 2015 - 04:15 PM

Preet is going for the hat trick :keeporder

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 angelonm

angelonm

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1794 posts

Posted December 14 2015 - 04:32 PM

Simple..... shop around. Stop whining.

#43 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2723 posts

Posted December 14 2015 - 06:51 PM

$10 to just run a NICS. Ok, but the ATF does not allow that (federal law). We have to run the transaction through our books, keep all the paperwork for 20 years, etc. even worse for pistols where we have both state and county paperwork to do as well. $25 and $50 respectively cover our costs. I wish there was another option but that would be dealers not offering this vital service which is what Cuomo wants.
  • Aquabach, Joe Shmoe and nedbal like this

#44 Joe Shmoe

Joe Shmoe

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 7130 posts
  • LocationIn my own little world.

Posted December 14 2015 - 07:03 PM

That says it all fellas! You need to consider the overhead and time involved. Let's not be a big baby about this. Let's not blame LGS. The blame falls on Albany.
  • Incognito likes this

#45 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 3032 posts

Posted December 14 2015 - 07:40 PM

I still pay 10 bucks for a private transfer and 20 for a long gun.

True story: AOS once quoted me $100 transfer fee for a Kel Tec Sub2000. "For that, a hundred bucks, buddy" was the exact quote. Guess where I never shopped again.

did they say that to your face? because that would be epic if they had the guts to do that.

-vick

#46 DIRTBIKEZ

DIRTBIKEZ

Not a participant of the LIF circle jerk.

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member

• 663 posts

Posted December 14 2015 - 07:57 PM

... I wish there was another option but that would be dealers not offering this vital service which is what Cuomo. wants.

I see this the opposite way, I think they kept the fee low so people would not ***** or be tempted to FTF; this also creates more paper trail for the state to use at a later date. I suspect that if dealers refused private transfers people would get bent enough to voice their opinions. Or at least hope.

Edited by DIRTBIKEZ, December 14 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#47 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted December 14 2015 - 08:04 PM

I see this the opposite way, I think they kept the fee low so people would not ***** or be tempted to FTF; this also creates more paper trail for the state to use at a later date. I suspect that if dealers refused private transfers people would get bent enough to voice their opinions. Or at least hope.

While it is possible you are correct it's more probable giving the tactics of antis for 50 years to use this to limit the amount of FFLs that will do private transfers.
Look at the OP that started this tread. He didn't blame the politicians, he blamed the local FFL. Which fits perfectly with the antis goals.
It makes the FFL the bad guy. Not the asswipes that caused it in the first place.
The more obstacles to gun ownership the less people will want them.
That falls in line with much of the agenda the antiss have pushed for decades.
  • VolkoSupply likes this

#48 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 3032 posts

Posted December 14 2015 - 08:14 PM

While it is possible you are correct it's more probable giving the tactics of antis for 50 years to use this to limit the amount of FFLs that will do private transfers.
Look at the OP that started this tread. He didn't blame the politicians, he blamed the local FFL. Which fits perfectly with the antis goals.
It makes the FFL the bad guy. Not the asswipes that caused it in the first place.
The more obstacles to gun ownership the less people will want them.
That falls in line with much of the agenda the antiss have pushed for decades.

like most guys who are identified as grumpy old men.....you sure know how to clearly state the truth in a matter that gets right to the heart of it.

#49 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted December 14 2015 - 08:21 PM

Has anyone calculated the economic impact on gun owners because of these effing fees? NICS fee, transfer fee, administrative fee?
Where has all the $$ gone that NYS collects under this foolishness? Is NYS receiving $$ from the FFL's or are they permitted to recoup expenses through the fees?
Were the fees not supposed to seed the ammo transfer database startup?

#50 Old Frank

Old Frank

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 389 posts

Posted December 14 2015 - 08:27 PM

Polite nice people who work hard and support the 2A in NY.... I make the drive and pay the fee because that means something to me.

Not to mention they sponsor this forum....How about the next time your in there buy a magazine holder or a tee shirt...as well.

We all complain about the big stores like Walmart and Dicks and wonder why the little guy cant make it.....this is why.

If you want someone to remember your name when you call and treat you like a customer than don't be cheap...and complain.

Edited by Old Frank, December 14 2015 - 08:28 PM.

• Aquabach and pitbull428 like this

#51 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted December 14 2015 - 08:33 PM

like most guys who are identified as grumpy old men.....you sure know how to clearly state the truth in a matter that gets right to the heart of it.

I am NOT identified as a grumpy old man.
I am THE grumpy old man.
Now, get off my lawn!

#52 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7921 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted December 14 2015 - 08:47 PM

I don't personally believe the scum (who know little to nothing about guns), who crafted SAFE, had the mental acuity to put the $10 transfer in foreseeing to eventually force FFL's out of business. They just simply had no idea what the market rate is for the task, nor what is involved in doing it.

As has been said, its a toothless regulation, like the 6 month mandatory deadline for police issuing pistol permits.

As an aside American Outdoors and one other gunshop in Mineola both tried to charge me $100 per gun when 15 years ago I was moving my pistols from Pennsylvania to NY. I was a noob and still to this day feel they tried to take advantage of an immigrant.

#53 pgm888

pgm888

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member

• 2565 posts
  • LocationSmithtown

Posted December 14 2015 - 09:30 PM

Ive known Pete at Pt Jeff since he started doing transfers. He and Barbara are wonderful people to deal with.
  • Habsfan and Old Frank like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: port, jeff, armynavy, fights, cuomo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users