Flashlights - Page 2 - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Flashlights

flashlights

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Harmonic

Harmonic

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 267 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted November 21 2015 - 10:00 PM

For the cheaper price range, anything that Fenix makes is pretty good.

However, my favorite light is the Surefire E2D LED and I carry it with me every day.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted November 21 2015 - 10:21 PM

Kinda torquee for filling work, no?

It's adjustable. The built in light helps too. Patients are more accepting than with my old drill.

Posted Image
  • grifhunter, Aquabach, malakaguy and 3 others like this

#23 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11551 posts

Posted November 21 2015 - 11:59 PM

Home Depot - "Defiant" brand (a store brand)

I've got a 3C with a big head/lens that is bright enough to wake a neighbor 200feet across the lot - shine it through his kitchen window with the shade down :) (I mess with him sometimes - also make a habit of putting porkchops on his grill...)

Sturdy - used it trying to break the window of a burning truck, no problems except the window wouldn't break! (we finally got our fingers in the door frame and bent it out)

About $20 - they have a few different models/sizes too.

#24 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted November 22 2015 - 12:10 AM

Home Depot - "Defiant" brand (a store brand)

I've got a 3C with a big head/lens that is bright enough to wake a neighbor 200feet across the lot - shine it through his kitchen window with the shade down :) (I mess with him sometimes - also make a habit of putting porkchops on his grill...)

Sturdy - used it trying to break the window of a burning truck, no problems except the window wouldn't break! (we finally got our fingers in the door frame and bent it out)

About $20 - they have a few different models/sizes too.

I wish HD would bring back the Hubbel lights and offer them in LED- I had a xenon hubbel for my dive light for years, about $20, flourescent yellow so you could see in the murk, and darn near impossible to kill that thing. Also fairly neutral with batteries in it. I went to a pricey UK HID unit about 15 times the cost, damn thing would flare out every time I knocked it on something.

#25 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11551 posts

Posted November 22 2015 - 12:29 AM

I wish HD would bring back the Hubbel lights and offer them in LED- I had a xenon hubbel for my dive light for years, about $20, flourescent yellow so you could see in the murk, and darn near impossible to kill that thing. Also fairly neutral with batteries in it. I went to a pricey UK HID unit about 15 times the cost, damn thing would flare out every time I knocked it on something.

a quick search says Lowe's carries them... price seemed low though so maybe it was an old listing.

#26 liseverewx

liseverewx

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1690 posts

Posted November 22 2015 - 12:50 AM

Fenix LD20 is a great light. Led and runs on AA.

Olight models S10 S15 or S20 should fit the bill depending on your needs. These run on CR123 or 1850 battery depending on model. All great lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by liseverewx, November 22 2015 - 12:52 AM.

• vmtcmt likes this

#27 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11064 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted November 22 2015 - 01:54 AM

I used a Streamlight Stinger on Duty for many years. I upgraded to the LED when they came on the market.
You will spend a little extra for a quality flashlight. I bought an inexpensive NEBO that takes AA batteries for around $35 that seems to work well. Very bright with different modes to conserve the battery.

#28 vmtcmt

vmtcmt

Uh-oh...

• Established Member
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationRychia

Posted November 22 2015 - 03:14 AM

Fenix LD20 is a great light. Led and runs on AA.

Olight models S10 S15 or S20 should fit the bill depending on your needs. These run on CR123 or 1850 battery depending on model. All great lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using an LD 20 and it's predecessor for about 10 years, almost every day (Well, nights, actually, I work mids). Hold up well, pretty bright, although they may have been eclipsed by newer models. AA batteries are a plus, at least to me, as the job supplies them. If you order from fenixgear.com. I believe they ship for $1 from Amityville, and I've had them the next day.

#29 basballny2

basballny2

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 267 posts

Posted November 22 2015 - 03:28 AM

Do you want throw (distance) or spill (spread out to cover more area but can't see as far)
U can get a cr123 that can throw pretty good (love my quark which also has moonlight mode) but AA aren't known to have great throw unless you use a 14500. More lumens doesn't mean it will throw a longer distance. Look at nitecore Fenix foursevens klarus jetbeam. Can't go wrong with any of them

#30 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted November 22 2015 - 07:04 AM

Nu flare rebel 90 super Brite lights up over 100 yards forget $27or37 have 6 for in home work and hunting. Think I got them on amazon http://www.devonbuy....flare-rebel-90/

Edited by Ransom, November 22 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#31 Denny

Denny

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, NY

Posted November 22 2015 - 07:50 AM

+1 Fenix Pd 32

#32 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16239 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted November 22 2015 - 07:56 AM

I bought a few of these over a year ago.

http://www.amazon.co...arch_detailpage

For $3, you can't beat them.

I have a bunch of those too. I like that they take standard AA batteries.

I also have a couple of these. They take rechargeable 18650 Li-ion batteries.
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00OK85KGM/

Crazy what they charge for some LED flashlights.

#33 slowryder

slowryder

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1448 posts

Posted November 22 2015 - 08:51 AM

If your looking for decent flashlight for out at night I picked up a couple of Dorcy 150 lumen, all plastic, for under $20. I needed for out at night when working in the snow, sleet, and rain. Didn't want to invest a lot just in case flashlight got damaged or destroyed. My neighbor picked up a 5 pack of TechLite lumen master, all aluminum for $30 at Costco and gave me one. It had 3 setting 100L, 200L, and rapid flash. I keep it for around the house hasn't given me any problems last 2 years.
Also at battery mart picked up CR123a 16, 3 volt batteries with charger for $34. No more going to store fore that $5. to $7. dollar 1 battery or $10 for two pack battery
If you looking for flashlight for pistol I defer to others who have used them.

Edited by slowryder, November 22 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#34 sherm66

sherm66

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6119 posts

Posted November 22 2015 - 02:37 PM

Check out batteryjunction.com. They have tons of AA lights with up to 300 lumens. The place is dripping with Black Friday deals to boot.
  • liseverewx, Barnslayer and fenucho like this

#35 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted November 22 2015 - 03:53 PM

Check out batteryjunction.com. They have tons of AA lights with up to 300 lumens. The place is dripping with Black Friday deals to boot.

Battery Junction is good people! They'll answer questions quickly too.
  • sherm66 likes this

#36 zx9allday

zx9allday

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3151 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted November 22 2015 - 05:11 PM

Your guna laugh, but Aldi has a 7$ Cree LED flashlight that is amazing. Ive been using it for months at work, lights up a whole room. I even dropped it a few times at 8ft from air. Great light for 7$

#37 airbrushart

airbrushart

airbrushart

• Club LIF Member
  • 5514 posts
  • Locationspace the final frontier

Posted November 22 2015 - 05:36 PM

I have 2 Fenix flashlights both are excellent lights, the rechargeable is out side of your price range but they have several that fit your budget, here's their web site:
https://www.fenixlig...CFdc2gQodOFUP4g

I picked up mine at batteryjunction.com

#38 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted November 22 2015 - 06:00 PM

Unless you're a flashaholic. You are better off sticking with name brand lights.
Fenix has a light for every occasion.
If I was going to spend $50 for a keep it forever light, I'd go for the newest technology.

https://www.fenixlig...nix-flashlight/

There are other lights for under/over that price, but this is good use for everything light.

For give-aways and throw it in the tool box who cares lights. (don't let the cheap price fool you) The ultrafire lights that were recommended are great, and only use 1 AA.

http://www.amazon.co...arch_detailpage

I give dozens of them away every year for Xmas stocking stuffers.

I am a flashaholic... you can never have too many!

#39 Localx

Localx

Respected Gunowner

• 246 posts

Posted November 22 2015 - 06:15 PM

I like the Redline brand. Had a bunch of others but this one seems to function for what I need it for. Then again, I use to use Maglite so anything was a step up.

#40 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted November 22 2015 - 07:31 PM

I like the Redline brand. Had a bunch of others but this one seems to function for what I need it for. Then again, I use to use Maglite so anything was a step up.

Nothin like walking the dog at night with the original CLUB... I mean Maglite. :)
  • grifhunter likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flashlights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users