Consequences of mugging me & keeping short fish - Page 5 - Fishing - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Consequences of mugging me & keeping short fish

consequences of mugging me keeping short fish

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#81 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted November 10 2015 - 06:39 PM

Would you have called the DEC if he didn't mug your spot?

he probably would not have seen the fish if they were further away.

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#82 Sig

Sig

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationWrong Island

Posted November 10 2015 - 06:39 PM

So, 4 pages of back and forth and I still don't know the name of the 40'er and POC.

I don't it's right to state the name of the vessel on a public forum. I'm not sure what you mean by POC. I googled it & got multiple results.

#83 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned

• 4780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted November 10 2015 - 06:45 PM

I don't fish nor own a boat, probably will never with the amount of time I spend on the water, a simple radio call would have fixed this problem for you Before any of this escalated.

so than you don't know what you are talking about concerning the proximity of two boats on the water and just looking to stir it up on here. forum fail.

#84 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted November 10 2015 - 06:48 PM

I'm with Sig. One of the main reasons for having a boat is not to be 'tied' to space, to be free, to contemplate, to enjoy the open water. Sometimes space is limited. On this occasion, it was not. The other boater can go scratch.

It's like when I go to the beach during the week & no on is there & then a party of 20 people shows up & sits 3 feet away from me. Sure, I can't stop them. But, wtf? Most often that happens with city folk who just can't comprehend a life without people on top of them.

In this instance, it may have been a case of penis projection.

Edited by Objectivist, November 10 2015 - 06:51 PM.

• Sig likes this

#85 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned

• 4780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted November 10 2015 - 06:51 PM

how do the fishies find their way home in the dark time ?

bababouys?
  • semixauto, Aquabach and warmnfuzzyar like this

#86 357Guy

357Guy

Fed up with FUDDS

• Donated Member
  • 2862 posts

Posted November 10 2015 - 06:58 PM

so than you don't know what you are talking about concerning the proximity of two boats on the water and just looking to stir it up on here. forum fail.

I think the "amount of time spent on the water" statement was...he works on the water and would rather spend his recreational time on shore.

As far as his statement regarding a "simple radio call would have fixed the problem"...maybe, but most likely not. I've seen waaay to many situations escalate when someone elected to confront another boater over these type of incidents.

Edited by 357Guy, November 10 2015 - 07:04 PM.

• Sig likes this

#87 Capt John

Capt John

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 367 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted November 10 2015 - 07:00 PM

I don't it's right to state the name of the vessel on a public forum. I'm not sure what you mean by POC. I googled it & got multiple results.

POC= Port of call, where the boat hails from. If a vessel is documented with the USCG it must have a POC along with the name on the vessel. Only reason I ask is I am on the water everyday just curious as to who this jerk is. I see that kind of thing all the time.

#88 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted November 10 2015 - 07:07 PM

NYS & Connecticut regs for blackfish are the same this time of year. 4 fish per person at 16" or more. Connecticut does have spring & summer open seasons which we don't.

Well then there you go . Lets not forget the last few years when they did have different limits. Now lets go over to Jersey and the same water then NY Brite guys fish.

#89 BIGROB

BIGROB

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Others:
  • 3206 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 10 2015 - 07:14 PM

Your right, no clue at all /sarc I should learn more about what it's like to be "on the salt"

Edited by BIGROB, November 10 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#90 Sig

Sig

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationWrong Island

Posted November 10 2015 - 08:21 PM

POC= Port of call, where the boat hails from. If a vessel is documented with the USCG it must have a POC along with the name on the vessel. Only reason I ask is I am on the water everyday just curious as to who this jerk is. I see that kind of thing all the time.

When I googled it one of the results was people of color. I certainly was not going there.

The boat in question had a Florida city under it's name. That's as accurate as I care to be in describing it.

#91 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted November 10 2015 - 08:26 PM

Did someone ask you to say the name of the boat on the internet? The same one you called DEC on? Just say the name of the boat , Give your name, number and home address.LOL

#92 havfun

havfun

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member, Club LIF Member

• 2611 posts
  • Locationnassau

Posted November 10 2015 - 10:03 PM

Friday threads should only begin on Friday and can go as long as they want.

Please people follow the rules
  • Aquabach likes this

#93 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted November 10 2015 - 11:35 PM

What if that guy was muzzling you or shooting at your targets?

Or had a Glock? :)

#94 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 11 2015 - 12:38 AM

NYS & Connecticut regs for blackfish are the same this time of year. 4 fish per person at 16" or more. Connecticut does have spring & summer open seasons which we don't.

We used to be able to take one a day in the summer. Then they stopped it.
I argued with the DEC at the public meetings that sport fisherman are a drop in the bucket compared to commercial which are allowed 24 a day in summer and that we should be allowed one a day and perhaops have the commercial season cut by 1 or 2 days. But they couldn't care less.

#95 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted November 11 2015 - 02:18 AM

You can hail on 16, 9, 13 (bridge to bridge safety in the case of laying over your rode) use AIS if your GPS/VHF combo supports it, or go the other way (low tech) and whip out the million CP spotlight- that usually gets them to switch on the radio.

BIGROB- I could be mistaken (or there may be a new rule) but AFIK pleasure boaters are NOT required to monitor 16 but *should*, required under commercial use underway (at least when I studied for my OUPV) and also had to moinitor 13. I believe vessels over 60' are required to monitor 16, 13 underway. Everybody I know adds 9 to the scan. You are a tugboat operator if I remember?

#96 BIGROB

BIGROB

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 3206 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 11 2015 - 02:26 AM

You can hail on 16, 9, 13 (bridge to bridge safety in the case of laying over your rode) use AIS if your GPS/VHF combo supports it, or go the other way (low tech) and whip out the million CP spotlight- that usually gets them to switch on the radio.

BIGROB- I could be mistaken (or there may be a new rule) but AFIK pleasure boaters are NOT required to monitor 16 but *should*, required under commercial use underway (at least when I studied for my OUPV) and also had to moinitor 13. I believe vessels over 60' are required to monitor 16, 13 underway. Everybody I know adds 9 to the scan. You are a tugboat operator if I remember?

Right now working on a ocean going towing vessel.. Working on deep water installations for the oil companies, but my company owns ships I get thrown on them as well for having an unlimited license and will probably go back to them after these projects are done.. Hope to get into harbor tugs one day.

As you know my argument in this was not if they are required to monitor or not.. But that a simple radio call could have fixed this problem, which turned into an argument involving "gross" ignorance of basic VHF operation... I personally would have attempted one before calling the dec to phish for non-compliance.

Edited by BIGROB, November 11 2015 - 02:31 AM.

#97 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2787 posts
  • Location700 Miles South of the $hit Hole!

Posted November 11 2015 - 06:20 AM

They should have just said "no habla" and the DEC would have just kept going. Thats what they do on the beaches when they come across a beach full of "illegals" with buckets full of "illegals"!
  • Tonto likes this

#98 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor

• 2723 posts

Posted November 11 2015 - 01:53 PM

Lucky he did not have a bigger issue. If the boat is registered in Florida but spends most of it's time up here, the State will look to collect sales tax on it.

#99 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2708 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted November 11 2015 - 02:16 PM

Posted Image

Is that a quote from Le Keisha and Lamont ?

#100 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2708 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted November 11 2015 - 02:17 PM

They should have just said "no habla" and the DEC would have just kept going. Thats what they do on the beaches when they come across a beach full of "illegals" with buckets full of "illegals"!

Yup I have seen that trick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: consequences, of, mugging, me, keeping, short, fish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users