RTIC Coolers (Yeti clone) - Page 2 - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

RTIC Coolers (Yeti clone)

rtic coolers yeti clone

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 FastFaller

FastFaller

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2801 posts
  • LocationFree America - NH

Posted February 10 2016 - 06:45 PM

Ummmm $800 for a cooler? No thanks!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17343 posts

Posted February 10 2016 - 06:52 PM

If you love your Country, buy American. If you can't afford it you probably don't need it. :usa:

Orca coolers. Made in Tennessee.

Cliff Walker, a veteran of the building and trade industry, and hardcore hunter decided to use his business acumen, passion for the outdoors and sense of pride in America to create a company that could produce what he couldn’t seem to find – at any price – high-end outdoor products made in the USA that performed as advertised. While it might seem hokey to some, he also wanted to find a way to put Americans back to work, and having ORCA products made in the USA was a way to do just that. The company’s first product was a cooler designed to withstand the rigors of rugged outdoor use by professional and novice alike and to perform far beyond the expectations of even the most critical outdoor enthusiast. ORCA coolers, made in America’s heartland, are the successful result. ORCA, however, isn’t just about selling product. The company recognizes its corporate responsibility and the need to give back to those who have helped make it successful. In that vein, the sale of ORCA products helps give back to conservation groups, wounded warrior programs, breast cancer research and many other great causes.

• Mad Russian, LongIsland Guy and rubbermittens like this

#23 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 10 2016 - 08:58 PM

Orca coolers. Made in Tennessee.

Cliff Walker, a veteran of the building and trade industry, and hardcore hunter decided to use his business acumen, passion for the outdoors and sense of pride in America to create a company that could produce what he couldn’t seem to find – at any price – high-end outdoor products made in the USA that performed as advertised. While it might seem hokey to some, he also wanted to find a way to put Americans back to work, and having ORCA products made in the USA was a way to do just that. The company’s first product was a cooler designed to withstand the rigors of rugged outdoor use by professional and novice alike and to perform far beyond the expectations of even the most critical outdoor enthusiast. ORCA coolers, made in America’s heartland, are the successful result. ORCA, however, isn’t just about selling product. The company recognizes its corporate responsibility and the need to give back to those who have helped make it successful. In that vein, the sale of ORCA products helps give back to conservation groups, wounded warrior programs, breast cancer research and many other great causes.

Unfortunately, they are designed in TN and made in China. But they make some cool products and based on reviews work similar to Yeti.

#24 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17343 posts

Posted February 10 2016 - 09:29 PM

Unfortunately, they are designed in TN and made in China. But they make some cool products and based on reviews work similar to Yeti.

From my understanding the tumblers are a China, the coolers USA.

#25 billstick

billstick

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 185 posts
  • LocationSpencer,TN ( Long Branch Lakes ) former Long Islander

Posted February 10 2016 - 10:27 PM

They are in Sparta ,Tn. right down the road from me , they also make Jackson kayaks .

#26 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 11 2016 - 10:17 AM

From my understanding the tumblers are a China, the coolers USA.

I believe you're correct. The mug and bag are made in China....the coolers though have the made in USA badge so hopefully they are legit and made in the USA.

What gets me is that even though the owner of ORCA has a sense of pride in wanting everything Made in America (And I believe his spiel and intentions), it kills me that the mug and bag and probably other accesories have to be made in China. When you calculate the shipping and back and forth, I just don't get how it could be that much cheaper to produce there. Why is our government allowing it to happen and why can't we produce stuff here for an "affordable" price. I think most folks would be fine with a lil premium for American Made goods, but when you start talking triple digit percentage more, that's where people just simply can't afford to even if they wanted to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rtic, coolers, yeti, clone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users