RTIC Coolers (Yeti clone) - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

RTIC Coolers (Yeti clone)

rtic coolers yeti clone

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted October 13 2015 - 10:15 AM

Anyone have one? Saw an add pop up on my FB this morning, but I had never heard of them before. They bill themselves as a Yeti equivalent at half the price. https://www.rticcoolers.com/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 pj4863

pj4863

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 445 posts

Posted October 13 2015 - 10:20 AM

Website looks like they're selling pre-production.

#3 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 13 2015 - 02:17 PM

Seems to be a bunch of new coolers coming to market lately. There was the ammofeed bulletin on here showcasing Siberia or whatever coolers but they weren't cheap either. Think I've seen at least 2-3 others popping up lately.

All I know is that everything I've tried of Yetti so far is amazing. Probably more than I really need. To me, you need the quality of a Yetti only if you're depending it on it for days of ice. For a day trip - any igloo will do if packed correctly.
  • grifhunter likes this

#4 sherm66

sherm66

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6119 posts

Posted October 13 2015 - 03:05 PM

Website looks like they're selling pre-production.

Don't be a beta tester.

Edited by sherm66, October 13 2015 - 03:05 PM.

• r.4oofer likes this

#5 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25766 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted October 13 2015 - 03:11 PM

You get what you pay for.
  • DIRTBIKEZ likes this

#6 sherm66

sherm66

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6119 posts

Posted October 13 2015 - 04:34 PM

Evidently Yeti is suing them for patent/trademark infringement.

https://www.rfcexpre...rs-llc/summary/

So hard to believe.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 longbeach tony

longbeach tony

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 2205 posts

Posted October 13 2015 - 05:54 PM

So you mean that stainless Coleman I had for 100 years is not good anymore ?
  • PandM and gopedxr7 like this

#8 lichris

lichris

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3912 posts
  • LocationStuck in a liberal hell hole.

Posted October 13 2015 - 06:09 PM

No - it's now obsolete. Buy a new cooler.

#9 class3

class3

Gun Guru

• 3561 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 13 2015 - 06:09 PM

You wouldn't ask that if you had tried a Yeti
  • Sig, DIRTBIKEZ and Diesel1 like this

#10 DIRTBIKEZ

DIRTBIKEZ

Not a participant of the LIF circle jerk.

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 663 posts

Posted October 14 2015 - 10:01 AM

RTIC = Junk made in China

#11 cm10005

cm10005

Respected Gunowner

• 151 posts
  • LocationLong Beach

Posted October 14 2015 - 11:00 AM

I wasn't familiar with Yeti coolers until a recent trip to the Florida Keys. Saw them being sold in the dive shops and surf stores. I almost fell over when I saw the price tags. They make a very nice looking cooler bag but I don't know if spending that much money would be worth it. You guys have experience with Yeti and your thoughts
  • Captain Will likes this

#12 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 14 2015 - 12:14 PM

I wasn't familiar with Yeti coolers until a recent trip to the Florida Keys. Saw them being sold in the dive shops and surf stores. I almost fell over when I saw the price tags. They make a very nice looking cooler bag but I don't know if spending that much money would be worth it. You guys have experience with Yeti and your thoughts

FWIW - I bought a Yeti mug and the damn thing is ridiculous. It will hold ice inside my house for over 24 hours. Outside, 90+ degree day - will hold house from Morning to late afternoon depending on how often I would refill. During the last shotgun match at LIPSA (End of July/early August I think) I had the cup filled with ice water at 7am, sat in my truck in the blazing sun all day. At 4:30PM, it still had a ton of ice left. My truck is black and it was hot as ballz.....The stupid cup is impressive to say the least.

I know Paul at Campsite was recently ragging on my Yeti cup review on here and in the same breath said he went on an all day shoot out to PA and they took a Yeti bag - kinda femine looking but much easier to carry around. They loaded it with ice and water at 0 Dark thirty and the bottles of water were near frozen at 8PM at night on their return. Plenty of ice left and this was during the height of the summer.

Bought my old man a Yeti for the boat last Christmas. This cooler he uses for drinks and sandwiches, etc. Since he only needs ice for a day, he hasn't really seen a difference b/w the Yeti and former Igloo. They both hold ice for the day. I think if you need to hold ice for more than a day - get the Yeti......day trips only - the Yeti bag or a regular igloo will do. Unless of course you factor in possibly losing power and want longer term storage for consumables..That's a different story.
  • Sig likes this

#13 1895guy

1895guy

shots fired

• Donated Member
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2350 posts
  • Locationport jeff

Posted October 14 2015 - 12:24 PM

i don't have one (yet). But the people i know that have them swear by them. Great for camping, long boating trips etc. They hold ice increadibly long. Some people even go as far as to pre-cool the cooler in a walk in prior to filling it.

#14 TTSkipper

TTSkipper

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 5582 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted October 15 2015 - 05:00 AM

The big white Igloo coolers hold ice for a very long time too at a quarter of the price of the Yeti coolers. Before Sandy I filled mine with ice to put the contents of my fridge in and we still had about 50% of the ice left 8 days after Sandy, granted it was not that hot for that week or so but i have had some ice left after it was filled with ice and drinks for a summer party after a week and the drinks were still cold.
  • grifhunter likes this

#15 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted February 10 2016 - 03:45 PM

Now that there are plenty of reviews from people who have received their coolers, I think I need to order a couple. Wish I had remembered sooner, eta on new orders is June. What size coolers do you all find the most versatile? Maybe the 20 and 65?

#16 MetalHead

MetalHead

Giraffe Hunter

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 3768 posts
  • Locationfarmingdale

Posted February 10 2016 - 04:06 PM

I don't own a yeti but I wouldn't be giving a company who stole their design, lie about it and have it made in China any of my money. It's hard enough not to do it on needs, no way I would do it on a want.
  • grifhunter and DIRTBIKEZ like this

#17 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted February 10 2016 - 04:34 PM

I don't own a yeti but I wouldn't be giving a company who stole their design, lie about it and have it made in China any of my money. It's hard enough not to do it on needs, no way I would do it on a want.

There are over 10 different companies making these types of coolers, and they are all essentially the same exact thing with minor cosmetic differences.

#18 DIRTBIKEZ

DIRTBIKEZ

Not a participant of the LIF circle jerk.

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 663 posts

Posted February 10 2016 - 04:39 PM

There are over 10 different companies making these types of coolers, and they are all essentially the same exact thing with minor cosmetic differences.

If you love your Country, buy American. If you can't afford it you probably don't need it. :usa:
  • LongIsland Guy likes this

#19 MetalHead

MetalHead

Giraffe Hunter

• Club LIF Member
  • 3768 posts
  • Locationfarmingdale

Posted February 10 2016 - 04:39 PM

Don't mistake that for a personal attack. I'm just tired of seeing American ingenuity get trampled on by Chinese manufacturers who have no liability when it comes to patent laws and Americans wonder why they can't find good paying jobs. I spend my money elsewhere. Do as you will, I don't pass judgment, just making a statement.
  • grifhunter, LongIsland Guy and DIRTBIKEZ like this

#20 rubbermittens

rubbermittens

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3938 posts

Posted February 10 2016 - 05:01 PM

The big white Igloo coolers hold ice for a very long time too at a quarter of the price of the Yeti coolers. Before Sandy I filled mine with ice to put the contents of my fridge in and we still had about 50% of the ice left 8 days after Sandy, granted it was not that hot for that week or so but i have had some ice left after it was filled with ice and drinks for a summer party after a week and the drinks were still cold.

It really is not even close, Those Yeti Coolers are incredible, I want one some day

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rtic, coolers, yeti, clone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users