surf fishing - Fishing - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

surf fishing

surf fishing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 havfun

havfun

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member, Club LIF Member

• 2611 posts
  • Locationnassau

Posted July 28 2015 - 09:54 AM

i would like to take the family to the beach and do some surf fishing.

can anyone recommend a spot. i live in nassau county something within a hour away. no need to be able to swim there

also what bait would you recommend.
thanks in advance

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 10:13 AM

If you have the state 4x4 permit, Sore Thumb is a good option. Was out on a party boat this weekend and the fleet was fluking right off the beach there, you may have some success bucktailing. Not sure if there are any bass around now.
  • LongIsland Guy likes this

#3 cm10005

cm10005

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLong Beach

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:04 AM

Always fishing on Long Beach, using bunker and clam

#4 longbeach tony

longbeach tony

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 2205 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:37 AM

Always fishing on Long Beach, using bunker and clam

Yup, this is true, get down early as parking will be an issue, you will also need to buy a pass/passes for the day. Bayfront Kiosk (Gazebo) located on Magnolia Blvd. for the passes. Stop at Ralphs in Island Park for your bait. Brands Deli 44W Park for your sangwiches. You are better off on the west end beaches, less immigrants and tourists. Park the car drop everything off at on of the entrances then look for a park, get there early and you should find a park.

• havfun likes this

#5 cm10005

cm10005

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLong Beach

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:44 AM

LbTony just gave you all the details I would of suggested for bait, sandwiches, location in the west end and parking. Think you can buy single day passes at some of the delis and stores along Beech St and Park Ave also

#6 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3334 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:57 AM

If you have the state 4x4 permit, Sore Thumb is a good option. Was out on a party boat this weekend and the fleet was fluking right off the beach there, you may have some success bucktailing. Not sure if there are any bass around now.

fished off their Friday and zero fish caught even went outside the inlet and nothing, ,even the charters were getting skunked..maybe it was just a bad day/night for fishing even thought the weather was beautiful...2015-07-24 20.14.32.jpg

#7 longbeach tony

longbeach tony

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Others:
  • 2205 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 12:02 PM

LbTony just gave you all the details I would of suggested for bait, sandwiches, location in the west end and parking. Think you can buy single day passes at some of the delis and stores along Beech St and Park Ave also

Not sure I think they stopped selling them at the deli's after the hurricane I pick up 4 year rounds every year with a little skill that takes care of about how many people I have over for the day

#8 havfun

havfun

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member, Club LIF Member

• 2611 posts
  • Locationnassau

Posted July 28 2015 - 12:42 PM

Yup, this is true, get down early as parking will be an issue, you will also need to buy a pass/passes for the day. Bayfront Kiosk (Gazebo) located on Magnolia Blvd. for the passes. Stop at Ralphs in Island Park for your bait. Brands Deli 44W Park for your sangwiches. You are better off on the west end beaches, less immigrants and tourists. Park the car drop everything off at on of the entrances then look for a park, get there early and you should find a park.

PERFECT THANKS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: surf, fishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users