East Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodgein Greenvale, NY - Car / Truck talk - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

East Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodgein Greenvale, NY

east hills chrysler jeep dodgein greenvale ny

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bkjohn

bkjohn

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1212 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 02:58 PM

Was looking for a used vehicle and came across one on the internet from these guys. Are they a trustworthy dealership?
Anyone have any experiences with them? Positive, negative?

Don't want to have any issues like Steve did with his truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 SemiAutoFetish

SemiAutoFetish

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationWhere the grass is definately not greener...

Posted July 24 2015 - 03:02 PM

:popcorn
  • Barnslayer, bkjohn and FULL METAL JACKET like this

#3 bberetta1

bberetta1

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3126 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 24 2015 - 03:04 PM

I know a couple of people who have used them and said they were good. I only know of Westbury Jeep first hand.

#4 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12183 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted July 24 2015 - 03:07 PM

Posted Image
  • NRATC53, CAP1974, Tonto and 2 others like this

#5 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted July 24 2015 - 03:57 PM

One of the guys from Boomer and Carton will be a Security Dodge this weekend. It might be worth the trip to get hosed on a car deal so you can meet a minor functionary of a sports radio show.

#6 raceradam

raceradam

Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 5932 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 04:14 PM

I was their factory service contract and MOPAR accessories rep for quite a few years. They are OK. They do the typical things that car dealers do. Watch the numbers and make sure everything is as they say it is. The pre-owned manager (if he's still there), Emile, was a good guy.

Another member is closely associated with their sister Chevy store. He might have some insight. I will not name him here, but he will probably check-in at some time. If not, I'll PM him to see if he wants to comment.
  • bigbore44 likes this

#7 vmtcmt

vmtcmt

Uh-oh...

• Established Member
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationRychia

Posted July 24 2015 - 04:27 PM

Automatic message - This topic has been moved from Chit-Chat to Car / Truck talk

#8 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1150 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:04 PM

They are not honorable. I had problems with sales, & service. The service manager was a total liar. I'd never go back there. It's not even too long of a story, but they did not want to do the right thing. The managers couldn't care less. I actually got better service in Security Dodge, and they knew I brought the car from East Hills.

#9 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:13 PM

OP, I don't know if you've got your mind set on Jeep/Dodge but I can attest to the honest deal I got from East Hills Chevy. As far as service…. I don't trust anyone except my own mechanic. Warrantee or not.

#10 bkjohn

bkjohn

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1212 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:13 PM

So this is my first time buying through a dealer. Any help and/ guidance is greatly appreciated.

#11 bkjohn

bkjohn

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1212 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:15 PM

OP, I don't know if you've got your mind set on Jeep/Dodge but I can attest to the honest deal I got from East Hills Chevy. As far as service…. I don't trust anyone except my own mechanic. Warrantee or not.

I'm looking at a Dodge Journey that they have.

Anyone have any experience with that model?

#12 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:16 PM

One of the members here had success getting a Jeep from Tony K. Maybe give him a try?

#13 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:18 PM

So this is my first time buying through a dealer. Any help and/ guidance is greatly appreciated.

Used to be that Yahoo Autos allowed you to pick a new car and select each option. You got the an itemized list. I printed that out and the sales guy at East Hills Chevy went though it line for line, gave me his price with both of us knowing his cost. I signed and that was it.

#14 bkjohn

bkjohn

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1212 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:20 PM

Used to be that Yahoo Autos allowed you to pick a new car and select each option. You got the an itemized list. I printed that out and the sales guy at East Hills Chevy went though it line for line, gave me his price with both of us knowing his cost. I signed and that was it.

Problem is that it's not a new car. It's a used one, therefore im not too sure how the numbers game is supposed to work.

#15 DIRTBIKEZ

DIRTBIKEZ

Not a participant of the LIF circle jerk.

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 663 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 05:28 PM

If you want a specific vehicle with specific options I strongly suggest you look for, private sales and be willing to travel. Do not buy from a dealer within any proximity of a large metropolitan city.

#16 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • 17343 posts

Posted July 24 2015 - 06:11 PM

One of the members here had success getting a Jeep from Tony K. Maybe give him a try?

You mean this Jeep?

[attachment=61811:image.jpg]
  • Hannco likes this

#17 bkjohn

bkjohn

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1212 posts

Posted July 25 2015 - 07:30 PM

So anyone have any experience with the Dodge Journey? Is it a good SUV?

#18 mikester

mikester

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1476 posts

Posted July 25 2015 - 08:48 PM

I drove out there to look at a Grand Cherokee that they had listed online. When I got there it took a salesman close to 15 minutes to tell me that the truck was sold a month before and they never updated their list. I live out east. It was a long ride for nothing. I finally bought a truck from White Plains Jeep. For the price that I paid for a low mile truck it was worth the ride.

#19 Schoen

Schoen

Patience

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1751 posts

Posted July 25 2015 - 09:59 PM

Stay away. Far away.
I dealt with them on both sales and service on Chrysler and Chevy back when I was buying a van each year.
Glad to explain the details offline but I'd sooner believe Hillary about what really happened at Bengazi than believe anything the managers or salespeople at East Hills have to say.

Listen to Barbara Bush, Just Say No.

Now right next to them is Penn Toyota.
Have purchased many vehicles there and great service too.
If you want a particular used car, speak to their used car manager. He goes to the auctions all the time and will find you what you want at a fair price. As strongly as I feel about not buying so much as toilet paper from East Hills, I feel the opposite about Penn.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: east, hills, chrysler, jeep, dodgein, greenvale, ny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users