Kayaks are no longer allowed at Blydenburgh Lake - Page 7 - Fishing - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Kayaks are no longer allowed at Blydenburgh Lake

kayak suffolk county parks access

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Gaijin

Gaijin

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 244 posts
  • LocationLong I$land

Posted October 06 2020 - 07:02 PM

Not for nothing there are nicer lakes to Kayak....  but on the other hand there's  good Bass  there!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#122 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24669 posts

Posted October 08 2020 - 05:01 PM

I went walking the trails there last year.
When we went to the main gate there is a sign with so many restrictions I started laughing.
When i paid my fee, (Got to have a fee in New York, it's not like I pay a boatload or a kayak load of taxes already now is it)
I asked the lady if it was okay if we were allowed to wear sunglasses.
I didn't see that as one of the rules and i didn't want to break any of them.
I also suggested they were going to need a new sign to put all the Land of No, restrictions on .

She was a good sport and laughed and actually said something like, " I know! It's ridiculous isn't it?"
Yes. Yes it is.

On many of those trails you cross bridges built by Life Scouts as their Eagle Scout Service Project

• gcloss likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kayak, suffolk county parks, access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users