Can you make a cheaper M40 clone? - Page 3 - Bolt Action [Rifles] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Can you make a cheaper M40 clone?

can you make cheaper m40 clone

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 PeepSight

PeepSight

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 15416 posts

Posted November 10 2015 - 01:11 PM

Very cheap option and good although bolt action is the Mosin with the Archangel stock, easy enough installation and looks sick

That does look cool. Does the stock come with a list of recommended Orthopedists for your future shoulder injuries?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 Dan 0351

Dan 0351

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 7808 posts

Posted November 10 2015 - 01:43 PM

If you join the USMC and get into the right MOS and pipeline you can get one for free.

Just saw this thread.

Yep, Uncle Sam will give you a gorgeous one for free! Here's me and mine (still have my Rifle Card for it too). This is an M40A1, with a HART barrel, I believe. (finger on trigger, I know)

EDIT: the green tape holds the sheath for my Gerber Guardian - which was lost crawling around the night before!

Attached Files

• NRATC53 and bmoscato like this

#43 bmoscato

bmoscato

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1694 posts
  • LocationMassapequa Park

Posted November 10 2015 - 01:56 PM

Just saw this thread.

Yep, Uncle Sam will give you a gorgeous one for free! Here's me and mine (still have my Rifle Card for it too). This is an M40A1, with a HART barrel, I believe. (finger on trigger, I know)

EDIT: the green tape holds the sheath for my Gerber Guardian - which was lost crawling around the night before!

The best is the guy to the left of the picture with both hands on the muzzle. ;)

#44 Dan 0351

Dan 0351

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 7808 posts

Posted November 10 2015 - 02:05 PM

The best is the guy to the left of the picture with both hands on the muzzle. ;)

Yeah, firearms safety wasn't as big a concern there and then as it is elsewhere. It SHOULD have been, but not-so-much in reality.

#45 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24776 posts

Posted November 10 2015 - 02:33 PM

The glass alone on the Schmidt and Bender is going to cost 3K or more, plus the Badger Ordnance ringers...

and?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: can, you, make, cheaper, m40, clone

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users