Karps Hardware - Page 2 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Karps Hardware

karps hardware

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 O1SalsaX

O1SalsaX

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2377 posts

Posted April 06 2015 - 03:06 PM

E. Northport right in town by the train station. If you take the Port Jeff line you see it every day...cool barn-like building from the side, they sell guns, ammo, and are a great LI source for home brew equipment! So pretty much all they need in there is some ladies dancing on a pole and it's a permanent man cave.

Karp's Hardware and Homebrew
Long Island Ammo
2 Larkfield Road
East Northport, New York 11731
http://www.longislan...are.com/zombie/

Posted Image

LOL I said the same exact thing to Alan!
I said, all he needs are strippers and we can rename this to "The Man Cave"
  • Destro and Uvbnaxed like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Sig

Sig

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationWrong Island

Posted April 06 2015 - 03:27 PM

Haven't purchased ammo from them, but did do a pistol transfer about a month ago. Smooth transaction, very nice people.

#23 jimsky

jimsky

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 250 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 06 2015 - 04:22 PM

Friday my wife calls me at work and asks me if I know about Long Island Ammo. She just heard a radio spot and called while still in the car. I then told her all the shotgun ammo we used for the MDTS Practical Shotgun Class 1 we took last fall out at Westhampton (and everything since) I've used Karp's as the FFL. It's a fun little "secret place".

#24 Mak45

Mak45

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2384 posts

Posted April 06 2015 - 04:28 PM

Karp's has a good amount of ammo on stock- the popular calibers. Alan & his wife are good people.
You can always give them a call to verify if they have what you need in stock.
  • O1SalsaX likes this

#25 MikeM

MikeM

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1647 posts
  • LocationEast Northport

Posted April 06 2015 - 05:26 PM

there 556 has been comparably priced to on-line. Got 2 big cartons of stuff sent to them for a flat fee of $10. Each time I go there seems to be more and more people just hanging out there, its getting a good reputation.
  • spider likes this

#26 lucija

lucija

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 668 posts

Posted April 06 2015 - 08:26 PM

Good people, did a few transactions through them. Excellent hardware store, also had an amazing selection of c&r firearms, probably sold all through gunbroker, but can't blame him for that, Long Islanders tend to be willing to pay extra for new guns based on great reviews they give to places like campsite and south shore sportsman for something they can pay $100 or more less on gunbroker, yet when it comes to collectible firearms the market here is pretty weak. Tough call between Jerry's, PJAN, Volko and Carp's as to who is the best, still I'll give it to Jerry's :-)
  • portjeffarmynavy likes this

#27 eastplayer87

eastplayer87

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1721 posts

Posted April 06 2015 - 09:37 PM

Went there to look around. Know what you want gun wise walking in. Ask if you dont see it. They have every fricking type of ammo there. Im in Sayville area and took a trip out there to see what it was about. Its a hardware store, home brew store and a gun store all wrapped up into one. Whoever said man cave was right. Only thing i would say it was missing was a shooting range. Very nice people. Just too far a drive for me or else i would have a new place to shop.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karps, hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users