Rape Survivor Confronts Maryland Lawmakers On Concealed Carry, Leaves Them Speechless - Firearm / Media [Polls - Petitions] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Rape Survivor Confronts Maryland Lawmakers On Concealed Carry, Leaves Them Speechless

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 541 posts

Posted March 25 2015 - 10:04 AM

Need someone like this in Albany:

http://gunssavelives...hem-speechless/
  • Mad Russian and bigartie like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted March 25 2015 - 10:09 AM

She should have just pee'd on herself.

• Mad Russian likes this

#3 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 25 2015 - 10:30 AM

She was great.
I wish she didn't even mention her NRA affiliation because it's irrelevant to her rights.
I also think she made a mistake saying" My state doesn't grant me..." She should have said 'My state infringes on my right..."

But she was very good and I wish we could clone her.
  • Parashooter, LedMizer, General.rr and 2 others like this

#4 crashguy

crashguy

Clinger

• Established Member
  • 4824 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted March 25 2015 - 10:39 AM

While I do applaud her for stepping up..... I am just about tired of us having to JUSTIFY the right to bear arms or the type of arms or the free travel with arms to these MFers.
  • NRATC53, Parashooter, deathsythe and 2 others like this

#5 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11194 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 25 2015 - 10:43 AM

Maryland is similar to New York... The same restrictions apply.

#6 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25668 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 25 2015 - 03:15 PM

She was great but I suspect her words fell on deaf Liberal ears
  • Parashooter likes this

#7 Redcoat3340

Redcoat3340

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1742 posts

Posted March 25 2015 - 03:41 PM

I'd love to have a nickel for every time I sat or spoke in that room....brings back the good old days.

Unfortunately for people's rights in MD, and for the speaker, what she said has zero impact on whether or not her bill passes. Her speaking is an exercise, a charade, a show for the ignorant to give the illusion that delegates are listening and the public has input into legislation.

Decisions about that bill, and most legislation in MD (and NY), is made in the back offices, behind that room. Deals, pressure, lobbyists, the agenda of the political party in power, horse-trades made by the governor and the legislature, and prevailing public opinion (or lack of public opinion) is what counts in Annapolis. Reasoned arguments by speakers at hearings like that one are, frankly, a waste of time. Yeah, ya gotta do it for show and to be on the record. But it ain't the way to get things done.

Right now, in most blue states like NY and MD, "get the guns" is what politicians think the public wants. The only way that's gonna change is to make the blue states more like red states, at least as far as pols perceive what the public wants. If they tried an unsafe act in Texas or Idaho, the people would erupt. Here in WA liberal Seattle overwhelmed the pro 2A rest of the state in a prop vote to require background checks, so the pols felt safe not doing anything about it after it was passed. We'll see what happens next year. Oh yes, the only way to effectively get the legislation you want: vote the gun grabbers out.
  • Pat M and 38 sup like this

#8 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 541 posts

Posted March 25 2015 - 04:05 PM

I'd love to have a nickel for every time I sat or spoke in that room....brings back the good old days.

Unfortunately for people's rights in MD, and for the speaker, what she said has zero impact on whether or not her bill passes. Her speaking is an exercise, a charade, a show for the ignorant to give the illusion that delegates are listening and the public has input into legislation.

Decisions about that bill, and most legislation in MD (and NY), is made in the back offices, behind that room. Deals, pressure, lobbyists, the agenda of the political party in power, horse-trades made by the governor and the legislature, and prevailing public opinion (or lack of public opinion) is what counts in Annapolis. Reasoned arguments by speakers at hearings like that one are, frankly, a waste of time. Yeah, ya gotta do it for show and to be on the record. But it ain't the way to get things done.

Right now, in most blue states like NY and MD, "get the guns" is what politicians think the public wants. The only way that's gonna change is to make the blue states more like red states, at least as far as pols perceive what the public wants. If they tried an unsafe act in Texas or Idaho, the people would erupt. Here in WA liberal Seattle overwhelmed the pro 2A rest of the state in a prop vote to require background checks, so the pols felt safe not doing anything about it after it was passed. We'll see what happens next year. Oh yes, the only way to effectively get the legislation you want: vote the gun grabbers out.

I always got a chuckle out of the fact that my then 17 year old son was training on M-9s and fully automatic M-16s just a stone's throw away from the Annapolis Capitol building. And two years later he was training others on the same weapons. Unfortunately, all the military training and knowledge of firearms is marginalized by local politicians and law enforcement. When the Midshipmen were put on security duty off of the Academy grounds (typically the path between the Academy and the football stadium) the local police insisted that they could not carry any tactical protection, even though they were well qualified.
  • Redcoat3340 likes this

#9 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted March 25 2015 - 04:49 PM

They just don't care about the rest of the country they don't care about your safety they only care about keeping there own jobs and they only care about there own protection. They would recommend this women leave the State first.

#10 DIRTBIKEZ

DIRTBIKEZ

Not a participant of the LIF circle jerk.

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 663 posts

Posted March 25 2015 - 05:11 PM

I cannot begin to image how difficult it must be to speak about being a victim of such a heinous assault and then that fat slob has the audacity to crack a joke when she declines to state where she is from.
  • Redcoat3340 likes this

#11 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9506 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted March 25 2015 - 06:21 PM

"Right now, in most blue states like NY and MD, "get the guns" is what politicians think the public wants."

I don't think that most of them believe that for one minute. Big difference between thinking and caring, they don't care. They pursue an ideology that has nothing to do with right or wrong. It doesn't even much care about legal or illegal. Too many are beholden to their political bosses and donors, many of whom have very specific agendas.
No intelligent adult can look at a Shall Issue map and conclude ANYTHING other than the obvious. It's the equivilant of failing everyone who gets a grade above 5% on an exam and passing everyone who scores below...illogical, unreasonable and indefensible.
Sadly, as most of us know, it's mostly BS but the BS is controlled by a very select few.

Write your county, state and federal legislators often...out of sight, out of mind.
  • sparks25 likes this

#12 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted March 25 2015 - 06:54 PM

They just don't care about the rest of the country they don't care about your safety they only care about keeping there own jobs and they only care about there own protection. They would recommend this women leave the State first.

I don't think it's a matter of not caring. More a matter of just unrelating.

They and their families never have to worry about the "little" things the rest of us serfs have to contend with as potentials of life. They have their gov security as well as private security, well gated and walled homes in exclusive communities, kids go to well secluded private schools, etc.

What crime?

#13 Kevin529

Kevin529

Gun Guru

• Others: Established Member
  • 2863 posts

Posted March 25 2015 - 07:18 PM

Powerful speech.
Unfortunately, these lawmakers just do not care about their constituents. They do not care about what's best for us, what we actually want, or even what the 'right' thing to do is. They care about money and power, neither of which granting people our God-given rights provides.

#14 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted March 25 2015 - 07:21 PM

Powerful speech.
Unfortunately, these lawmakers just do not care about their constituents. They do not care about what's best for us, what we actually want, or even what the 'right' thing to do is. They care about money and power, neither of which granting people our God-given rights provides.

"Power" comes from being able to say NO, never YES.

#15 jambo

jambo

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 886 posts

Posted March 25 2015 - 07:26 PM

More people need to speak up and be less afraid to show that they care about the second amendment!!!

#16 Redcoat3340

Redcoat3340

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1742 posts

Posted March 25 2015 - 08:02 PM

I cannot begin to image how difficult it must be to speak about being a victim of such a heinous assault and then that fat slob has the audacity to crack a joke when she declines to state where she is from.

What's really ironic is the guy is a Republican in very Democratic Maryland.

The way these people act in committee meetings is really pretty sad. Pathetic even. The chair was going to leave and let her speak to an almost empty chamber 'till she called him out. One state senator used to put a skull in front of him...and told everyone it was the last state employee who came and asked for more....(Actually, except for his rather strange sense of humor, he was one of the best senators in MD history..and quite a friend to 2A and the environment. You could at least talk sense with him, but woe betide the fool who tried to bullsh*t him...he was really really smart and remembered everything)

#17 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24669 posts

Posted February 14 2017 - 09:22 AM

She was great but I suspect her words fell on deaf Liberal ears

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp went before Congress to tell the story of how her parents were killed in front of her at Luby's because her gun was in her car in accordance with Texas law at the time. Chuck the schmuck sat there as if he were being kept from lunch

• Ricekila likes this

#18 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24669 posts

Posted February 05 2018 - 06:47 PM

I don't think it's a matter of not caring. More a matter of just unrelating.

They and their families never have to worry about the "little" things the rest of us serfs have to contend with as potentials of life. They have their gov security as well as private security, well gated and walled homes in exclusive communities, kids go to well secluded private schools, etc.

What crime?

Yup, it's always the ones who bear no risk that feel they know about those who do

• Ricekila likes this

#19 sparks25

sparks25

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2331 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 06 2018 - 06:45 AM

"Right now, in most blue states like NY and MD, "get the guns" is what politicians think the public wants."

I don't think that most of them believe that for one minute. Big difference between thinking and caring, they don't care. They pursue an ideology that has nothing to do with right or wrong. It doesn't even much care about legal or illegal. Too many are beholden to their political bosses and donors, many of whom have very specific agendas.
No intelligent adult can look at a Shall Issue map and conclude ANYTHING other than the obvious. It's the equivilant of failing everyone who gets a grade above 5% on an exam and passing everyone who scores below...illogical, unreasonable and indefensible.
Sadly, as most of us know, it's mostly BS but the BS is controlled by a very select few.

Write your county, state and federal legislators often...out of sight, out of mind.

While I agree, the truth is that most of their constituents DO want the guns taken away from law abiding citizens. This is because they themselves cannot qualify for gun ownership due to criminal records so their position is screw the law abiding, if I can't have a gun then they can't either. The difference is, they go and get illegal ones.
Ain't the "free stuff army" great?

Edited by sparks25, February 06 2018 - 06:52 AM.

• sparks25 likes this

#20 SYTY

SYTY

Sharp Shooter!

• 472 posts

Posted June 28 2020 - 08:05 AM

If any thing good happened after her speech great but that was in 2015 probably long forgotten by gov. lawmakers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users