Nickerson Beach? - Camping / RV - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Nickerson Beach?

nickerson beach

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 toothpuller

toothpuller

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 251 posts

Posted January 24 2015 - 12:34 AM

I've found some info that there are RV sites with full hookup on Nickerson beach. Is this true? Is it worth it? I am a suffolk resident, can I make a reservation there? Website? How does one journey from the eastern empire into Long Beach? I have a Class C, it's tall, I do not want to make it a low rider.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 nymet100

nymet100

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1829 posts

Posted January 24 2015 - 02:09 AM

I've seen RV's there. I'm sure the County will let you hook up for the price of 1 arm and 1 leg (being a non resident). Coming from Suffolk you'd probably have to take Sunrise Hwy. to Long Beach Rd. and drive through Long Beach doubling back to Nickerson.

I'm not an RV person and I don't know Nickerson all that well, so take this for what it's worth: I couldn't imagine it being worth it. I find it hard to believe it would be better than what you can find closer and cheaper in Suffolk. Although, different strokes for different folks, so some may enjoy it.

#3 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted January 24 2015 - 03:45 AM

Commercial vehicles can get on the Meadowbrook Parkway southbound at Merrick Rd and then get on the Loop Parkway.
  • muskoday, Hannco and billb42 like this

#4 mickeyblueyes

mickeyblueyes

Listen up,I don't dial 911.

• 3599 posts
  • LocationMany miles from Uranis

Posted January 24 2015 - 04:17 AM

Take a ride and look at it with your car, I have delivered a few RVS there for rental. My only comment is that I would go east not west or leave LI. Hither Hills is 500x nicer Smith Point is 50x nicer.
  • BUSHMASTER likes this

#5 mickey b

mickey b

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 62 posts
  • Locationwest babylon

Posted January 24 2015 - 09:26 AM

camped there for years redone after sandy early registration can be done in February contact, when you camp also have access to there pool fees have changed but all hook ups are in you can contact battle row camp grounds in suffolk

#6 CWNY

CWNY

Gun Guru

• Others: Established Member
  • 1471 posts

Posted January 24 2015 - 11:16 AM

Have camped at Nickerson many times. It's close & convenient & it is what it is... http://www.nassaucou...rson-Beach-Park

#7 RetLtMedic

RetLtMedic

Flashburn Studio/Bullseye Brassware

• Topic Starter
  • Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member, Donated Member

• 724 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted January 24 2015 - 11:31 AM

Like rlitman said, trucks and tall vehicles like RVs can get on the Meadowbrook Parkway southbound at Merrick Rd and then get off at Loop Parkway. Take Loop to the end, and get off at Park ave (Lido Blvd). Nickerson entrance is about an 1/8 of a mile up on the left, right past Malibu Beach Club. If you need a landmark, the Meadowbrook entrance is the south bound entrance ramp off Merrick Rd, down the block from the Freeport range. There are no more low overpasses at that point. That's where commercial and local delivery trucks get on etc...

Being close to the each is nice, but it's a bit of a walk from the campground, and the campground itself is really small.. I've gone there several times just for the convenience of having somewhere close by, but Suffolk has so much more to offer.. Good luck

#8 toothpuller

toothpuller

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 251 posts

Posted January 24 2015 - 01:48 PM

Thank you for the feedback. I was researching it as an alternative to Smith's Point but I think we will just keep going to Smith's, Hither Hills, Eastern Kampground, etc. My wife likes having electric and water since our kids are young.

#9 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• 1143 posts

Posted January 24 2015 - 02:10 PM

It's nice down there for a week at most. Guard booth watches who comes in/out. Guest have to park in the lot.

#10 1MOA

1MOA

How's it shoot if it's plastic?

• Club LIF Member
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted January 24 2015 - 02:35 PM

Commercial vehicles can get on the Meadowbrook Parkway southbound at Merrick Rd and then get on the Loop Parkway.

This is true but only coming from the Freeport side. Coming east from Merrick Rd you still have to clear the Merrick Rd overpass after you merge on. Just something to keep in mind...

#11 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 738 posts
  • LocationEx-New Yorker now living in Peachtree City GA

Posted January 25 2015 - 09:00 AM

I've owned RVs for over 30 years and camp well over 40 nights a year. If you like parking lot type camping out in the hot sun with a lot of wind, then Nickerson Beach is the place. I can count on one hand how many times I've camped on Long Island, including once at Nickerson Beach. Not a big fan of RV camping on Long Island.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nickerson, beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users