Suffolk Camping Reservation opening 1/20/15 - Page 2 - Camping / RV - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Suffolk Camping Reservation opening 1/20/15

suffolk camping reservation opening 12015

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 VietVet

VietVet

• Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted January 23 2015 - 10:56 AM

Conspiracy theory time. Why are some campsites already booked out ahead of the 90 day window? I call inside job on this one. Nepotism. Total BS. All the choice sites for future dates are already reserved and not available to us peons. Go to July 4th weekend to see what I mean.

I was speaking to a guy yesterday who booked his sites BEFORE they closed the old Registration System down.

I was on line going to do the same but decided to wait until the next day. When I logged on the following day I got the notice that
the old site was closed and the new one would be opened in January. The old site closed November 20th?.
Anyone who got in before then was able to make Reservations.

This may explain why some sites are already reserved.
  • toothpuller likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 23 2015 - 11:01 AM

what a mess...

#23 toothpuller

toothpuller

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 251 posts

Posted January 23 2015 - 01:05 PM

I was speaking to a guy yesterday who booked his sites BEFORE they closed the old Registration System down.

I was on line going to do the same but decided to wait until the next day. When I logged on the following day I got the notice that
the old site was closed and the new one would be opened in January. The old site closed November 20th?.
Anyone who got in before then was able to make Reservations.

This may explain why some sites are already reserved.

Ah, thank you, that sounds like a logical explanation. I'm looking to book a site tonight (cannot do it until 7 pm), it would make sense that someone was able to book sites 120 days prior on the old reservation system which is why those sites are showing red. I did not because I was lead to believe the old site was not functional at the time I would have normally booked those sites. I was not savy enough to check. My stupidity. I am my own worst enemy.

#24 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7240 posts

Posted January 23 2015 - 01:38 PM

I did get my issue resolved today. I do have to say that once I got through on the phone they were very attentive to the problem and got it resolved quickly. While I was on hold for about 5 minutes I had five people pick-up the line to ask if I was already being helped so it does appear that even given the issues they are taking it seriously and putting in significant effort to get the wrinkles ironed out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suffolk, camping, reservation, opening, 12015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users