Suffolk Camping Reservation opening 1/20/15 - Camping / RV - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Suffolk Camping Reservation opening 1/20/15

suffolk camping reservation opening 12015

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 13 2015 - 03:02 PM

January 12, 2015

Dear Campers,

The Suffolk County Parks Department is pleased to announce that a new vendor for the Parks camping, golf and marina reservation system has been selected.

As we debut the new reservation system here is some important information to help you plan your 2015 vacation:

TIMELINE:

·You can make reservations for the 2015 camping season beginning Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10:00 am. At this time, Campers will have the opportunity to book campsites for stays beginning January 27, 2015 up through stays beginning April 19, 2015. Parks staff will be available for customer assistance.

·On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 7:00pm, you will be able to book campsites for stays up through April 20, 2015.

·Each day after January 20, 2015, at 7:00pm, you will be able to make reservations up to 90 days in advance.

·Beginning on February 2, 2015 at 7:00 pm, and thereafter, you will be able to make reservations 120 days in advance.

PARK RULES, POLICY CHANGES & HIGHLIGHTS:

·The reservation system is now available on mobile devices, IPADS, tablets, and laptops.

·All reservations must be made through this online reservation system. The telephone phone reservation system will no longer be available.

·When you log into the reservation system for the first time, you will have the ability to establish your own user name and password for future access to the system.

·If a balance is owed on your account, you will be required to pay the balance before you can make reservations. If you feel a balance on your account is in error, please contact our Administration Office at (631) 854-4949.

·Suffolk County Parks’ gift cards can now be redeemed and used toward payment when making reservations.

·You must have a pin number when using a gift card to make a payment online. If you do not have a pin number, please call the administration office at (631)854-4949.

Updates and/or enhancements will be announced as they become available.

We look forward to providing you with a great camping experience during the 2015 season.

The Suffolk County Parks Department

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7244 posts

Posted January 13 2015 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this Steve. Unfortunately I'm having flashbacks of the Obamacare rollout and a systems crash as we all try to log into the system, establish user names and make reservations. It should be interesting :).

#3 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7244 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 10:26 AM

Who would have guessed...

"The reservation system scheduled to go live at 10:00 AM today is experiencing technical difficulties. Our staff is currently working to get this problem resolved. Please be advised that while this system is down, no one can make reservations. Please check back periodically. An announcement will be posted once a time becomes available. We apologize for this inconvenience and we hope to have this resolved as soon as possible."

#4 Dchilde

Dchilde

Runs With Scissors

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 3395 posts
  • LocationNorth Fork

Posted January 20 2015 - 12:15 PM

Gentlemen, congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of government training. Now please step this way, as we provide you with our final test: an eye exam...

#5 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 20 2015 - 01:06 PM

We are pleased to announce that the on-line reservation system problems have now been resolved. We anticipate that beginning at 2:30 pm today, the system will be open for reservations. Please remember at this point reservations will only be permitted up to 90 days in advance with changeover time for next day to occur at 7:00 pm. Thank you.

#6 raceradam

raceradam

Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 5932 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 01:47 PM

February LIF BBQ and camp out?

#7 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7244 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 02:40 PM

So I go to create a log in and the system doesn't recognize my e-mail address. Of course the e-mail address is correct since I'm looking at the address they used to sent the system notification. Then I call the number listed if you're having a problem creating a log in (802)525-6008 and I get a recorded message that the number is not in service. I'm having ACA sign-up flashbacks (no I didn't sign up for ACA).

#8 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7244 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 03:34 PM

Here is the link to the website page to register: https://parks.suffol...13-370e785a4b7e

#9 Lazygent

Lazygent

1000th member

• Donated Member
  • 1203 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 05:03 PM

finally got in...but now it will not let me save a spot...not enough info?????? I give up...

#10 toothpuller

toothpuller

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 251 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 05:36 PM

I got in but I can't reserve a site because it doesn't have my green key info.? They never asked for my green key info. Some high school kids can write a better web interface than this. Ridiculous!

This is the error message I am getting.

Individual Allowance Rules

More Than or Equal to 7 days before the rental begin date.

Less Than or Equal to 120 days before the rental begin date.

Age older than or equal to 18.00 and younger than or equal to 999.00. The date used for calculating the age is 04/17/2015.

At least 1 current membership per family member from this pass code list: GKHandicap (Hand Green Key), GKResident (Resident Green Key), GKSenior (Sen Green Key), GKVolunteer (Vol Green Key), GKAuxiliary (Aux Green Key), GKActiveMilitary (Act Mil Green Key), GKVeteran (Veteran Green Key), GKCERT (CERT Green Key), GKDAV (DV Green Key), GKNonRes (NonRes Green Key), GKJunior (Jr Green Key), valid through 01/20/2015.

Interface Type of WebTrac,MobileWebTrac.

#11 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7244 posts

Posted January 20 2015 - 10:04 PM

For some reason the Green Card info may nor have transfered over. You may hwve to callmto have your Green Card number put into the system. Once I made the call they gave my a new log in and password. Once I used that to get back inyo the system I was able to make a reservation.

#12 VietVet

VietVet

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted January 22 2015 - 08:55 AM

What a disaster!
I've managed to get into the system and see it appears they've changed the #'s on the Camp sites.
tried calling the office but either I get no answer or it say "Sorry, there is no room to record your message. Try again later".

I had No problems with the old system.

#13 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 22 2015 - 10:13 AM

Ok, here's the deal.

DONT SETUP AN ACCOUNT.
That clearly messed me up. I am on the phone with them as I type this.

They have to ASSIGN you a # (which is your new login)

If you create a new acct, your acct will NOT tie into your green key and it will be a problem given you will have two accounts setups withthe same email address..

They have accts created for everyone already..

Also, use 631-854-4980 (shhhh) its a backdoor #

#14 toothpuller

toothpuller

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 251 posts

Posted January 22 2015 - 10:36 AM

Ok, here's the deal.

DONT SETUP AN ACCOUNT.
That clearly messed me up. I am on the phone with them as I type this.

They have to ASSIGN you a # (which is your new login)

If you create a new acct, your acct will NOT tie into your green key and it will be a problem given you will have two accounts setups withthe same email address..

They have accts created for everyone already..

Also, use 631-854-4980 (shhhh) its a backdoor #

To add to this. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ID OR PASSWORD!!! It totally screws it up. I was all setup with a new account and now I have to start all over again with this nonsense. Now my account is FUBAR, and I'm awaiting a call back (yea, never going to happen). I'm seriously doubtful I will be able to make a reservation for memorial day at this point and I'm going to take my camping business off the island.
  • 2edgesword likes this

#15 VietVet

VietVet

• Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted January 22 2015 - 01:33 PM

I've been trying all morning.
I just keep getting the following message.
WTF are they talking about.

At least 1 current membership per household from this pass code list: GKHandicap (Hand Green Key), GKResident (Resident Green Key), GKSenior (Sen Green Key), GKVolunteer (Vol Green Key), GKAuxiliary (Aux Green Key), GKActiveMilitary (Act Mil Green Key), GKVeteran (Veteran Green Key), GKCERT (CERT Green Key), GKDAV (DV Green Key), GKNonRes (NonRes Green Key), GKJunior (Jr Green Key), valid through 01/22/2015.

Edited by VietVet, January 22 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#16 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7244 posts

Posted January 22 2015 - 03:58 PM

I've been trying all morning.
I just keep getting the following message.
WTF are they talking about.

At least 1 current membership per household from this pass code list: GKHandicap (Hand Green Key), GKResident (Resident Green Key), GKSenior (Sen Green Key), GKVolunteer (Vol Green Key), GKAuxiliary (Aux Green Key), GKActiveMilitary (Act Mil Green Key), GKVeteran (Veteran Green Key), GKCERT (CERT Green Key), GKDAV (DV Green Key), GKNonRes (NonRes Green Key), GKJunior (Jr Green Key), valid through 01/22/2015.

Keep trying. I didn't get through until 8:00pm on Tuesday. Why the Green Card information didn't get transferred to the new system is beyond me but it took a call and a few minutes to get it straightened out and back on-line to make reservations. Now it seems there is a duplicate registration on the system connected with my e-mail address so I can't log on at this point and will have to call again to get that corrected.

#17 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7244 posts

Posted January 22 2015 - 04:00 PM

To add to this. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ID OR PASSWORD!!! It totally screws it up. I was all setup with a new account and now I have to start all over again with this nonsense. Now my account is FUBAR, and I'm awaiting a call back (yea, never going to happen). I'm seriously doubtful I will be able to make a reservation for memorial day at this point and I'm going to take my camping business off the island.

Ditto...this appears to be my situation also. The gave me a user name and password to use for the initial log-in but of course the first thing I did was change it...NOT. It accepted the change but now I can't get into the system.

#18 VietVet

VietVet

• Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted January 22 2015 - 04:05 PM

I was assigned a user name and didn't change it.
Still can't seem to make reservations. I have no problem logging in and going through the process but when I try to book a site I get the message I posted above.

I called and was told things are still being worked on.

I'll just keep trying.

#19 VietVet

VietVet

• Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted January 23 2015 - 09:20 AM

Just called.

Finally figured it out!

I'm GTG. :victory
  • The Architect likes this

#20 toothpuller

toothpuller

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 251 posts

Posted January 23 2015 - 10:51 AM

Conspiracy theory time. Why are some campsites already booked out ahead of the 90 day window? I call inside job on this one. Nepotism. Total BS. All the choice sites for future dates are already reserved and not available to us peons. Click on a weekend outside of the 90 day window to see what I mean. I cannot reserve a site but others can? Some campers are more equal than others comrade.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suffolk, camping, reservation, opening, 12015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users