400 on LI shut down Sunrise Highway in Garner protest - Page 4 - Long Island Crimes - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

400 on LI shut down Sunrise Highway in Garner protest

400 on li shut down sunrise highway in garner protest

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Evoempire

Evoempire

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2488 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed - security compromised

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:25 PM

You are just jealous that our organization ability stinks compared to these protestors.
If we had one sixteenth their passion, belief of our convictions and willingness to stand by them, NY firearms owners would not have SAFE and we would have CCW.
I'm not pissed at them when Sunrise is shut down, I'm pissed at the members on LI who didn't vote in November but ***** about our representatives. Less than 25 percent bothered to vote and that message is heard loud and clear in Albany and DC.

No it's because we're law abiding and not a bunch of douches making back room deals at midnight
  • ChiBurger, ub3rgeek, Hannco and 2 others like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#62 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:26 PM

You are just jealous that our organization ability stinks compared to these protestors.
If we had one sixteenth their passion, belief of our convictions and willingness to stand by them, NY firearms owners would not have SAFE and we would have CCW.
I'm not pissed at them when Sunrise is shut down, I'm pissed at the members on LI who didn't vote in November but ***** about our representatives. Less than 25 percent bothered to vote and that message is heard loud and clear in Albany and DC.

I guarantee you if 2A protesters shut down NYS Thruway to Albany for 4-1/2 minutes NOBODY here- including Somesailer(sic) would be crying about "illegal protest" or "what if there was an emergency vehicle" everybody would be cheering "Heck YEAH, screw Cuomo!"

The people who are being called racists in this thread feel they are the VICTIMS of racism. We have plenty of other threads to debate the merits of that, but protesting IMO is ultimately expressing the rights the Constitution is made to protect.

"or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

How quickly we forget- now some demand a permission slip. 2A guys no less. WTF is it with people, it's like everybody thinks 1A and 2A are multiple choice or something. Liberals and conservatives alike.

• Joebar99 and Objectivist like this

#63 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:28 PM

I'm game, where u live?

Are you sure you want to play this game?
  • ChiefSailer likes this

#64 Evoempire

Evoempire

Banned

• Banned

• 2488 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed - security compromised

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:31 PM

I guarantee you if 2A protesters shut down NYS Thruway to Albany for 4-1/2 minutes NOBODY here- including Somesailer(sic) would be crying about "illegal protest" or "what if there was an emergency vehicle" everybody would be cheering "Heck YEAH, screw Cuomo!"

The people who are being called racists in this thread feel they are the VICTIMS of racism. We have plenty of other threads to debate the merits of that, but protesting IMO is ultimately expressing the rights the Constitution is made to protect.

First off PrivateWill (sic), your rants and responses are ridiculous and secondly, ah, your not worth it
  • NRATC53 and ChiefSailer like this

#65 bigbore44

bigbore44

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 3948 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:34 PM

POPULAR

Headline of story should have read - "400 idiots injured/killed while trying to illegally stop traffic"
  • GMC, NRATC53, malakaguy and 6 others like this

#66 flyfshr1

flyfshr1

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 293 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:40 PM

An african american male has a much greater chance of being shot by another african american male than he does being shot by a white police officer.....MUCH greater...
lets be thankful that they don't exercies their 1a rights every time that happens.
the U.S. would come to a complete standstill....

#67 Habsfan

Habsfan

Member of the secret Canadian Mafia

• Club LIF Member
  • 5784 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:44 PM

"We can't breath"... I always knew these people were blue babies.

People absolutely have the right to protest. however, laying down in traffic is not a protest, it is just simply not smart.

Edited by Habsfan, December 07 2014 - 07:46 PM.

• NRATC53, raceradam and ChiefSailer like this

#68 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:54 PM

POPULAR

Protesting is fine as long as it's done WITHIN the confines of the law regardless of how anyone feels about the cause of protest.

That said, these jackasses were wrong for protesting in the manner the did. My personal opinion is they are wrong for protesting to begin but that's a whole other issue.

Garner-I would be willing to bet he would have died that day regardless if cops took him down for resisting arrest. He was breaking up a fight earlier, had diabetes, and a host of other health issues.

Ferguson - please...below pic is from the perps Facebook.....looks like a saint to me...very special unarmed black man.

The pic below speaks more than a thousand words.....we should be honoring the real hero in the pic and it's not the criminal that is at the tip of the tongue on all these righteous protestors.
Posted Image
  • Aquabach, Barnslayer, frank57 and 8 others like this

#69 cable1939

cable1939

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 367 posts
  • LocationPatchogue

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:22 PM

I'm " Die In " to know who the heck is coordinating all these group protesting..What is there a website all these people go on..

Communists

#70 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:25 PM

Protesting is fine as long as it's done WITHIN the confines of the law regardless of how anyone feels about the cause of protest.

Soooo...what happens if the Gov't decides not to issue them a "permit" to protest then? Not busting your chops here- I'm curious as to what your solution is? No protest? Seek social justice through other means? Bust up a protest through the use of force?

Let's face it, most of us do not agree with the message of these protestors, or the 99 percent, or other groups we may not be politically inclined towards- but the point is you can protest in the USA without the Government shooting you down or running tanks over you because we recognize that protest is a basic human right. And the Framers enshrined it in the Constitution. But now a lot of people want to pick stuff apart because it's temporarily inconvenient. Nobody needs "assault weapons", they didn't have that when the Constitution was written". Nobody needs to protest, we don't have taxation without representation, let your elected officials (politicians) speak on your behalf. The idea that you need the Government to give you permission to protest the Government, a right protected by the very document that limits the power of Government is a bit of a catch-22, no?

• Objectivist likes this

#71 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:27 PM

I'm " Die In " to know who the heck is coordinating all these group protesting..What is there a website all these people go on..

Here's the link. You'll find their name at the bottom of many of the protest banners and signs. No doubt they are the money and organization behind these protests.
SAT CONG!

http://revcom.us

#72 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:33 PM

Soooo...what happens if the Gov't decides not to issue them a "permit" to protest then? Not busting your chops here- I'm curious as to what your solution is? No protest? Seek social justice through other means? Bust up a protest through the use of force?

Let's face it, most of us do not agree with the message of these protestors, or the 99 percent, or other groups we may not be politically inclined towards- but the point is you can protest in the USA without the Government shooting you down or running tanks over you because we recognize that protest is a basic human right. And the Framers enshrined it in the Constitution. But now a lot of people want to pick stuff apart because it's temporarily inconvenient. Nobody needs "assault weapons", they didn't have that when the Constitution was written". Nobody needs to protest, we don't have taxation without representation, let your elected officials (politicians) speak on your behalf. The idea that you need the Government to give you permission to protest the Government, a right protected by the very document that limits the power of Government is a bit of a catch-22, no?

We here on LIF work for a living and wish to function in society. We tend to do things the legal way. The revcom communists wish to undermine our society, create chaos and usher in their form of government ( communism). The similarities to OWS are too obvious to deny. The objectives all one in the same. It has nothing to do with race.
The communists thrive on disorder. Anarchy is their stepping stone to power.
  • frank57 and ChiBurger like this

#73 ChiefSailer

ChiefSailer

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:34 PM

"or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

How quickly we forget- now some demand a permission slip. 2A guys no less. WTF is it with people, it's like everybody thinks 1A and 2A are multiple choice or something. Liberals and conservatives alike.

You're wrong about me mr. Tugboat I would condemn those who put others in danger by portraying the SAFE act. You're also no worth the time I would have to spend to educate the stupidity you represent in your posts of this thread.
  • artburg, Uvbnaxed and Evoempire like this

#74 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1144 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:40 PM

If I was mayor, I would have solved the protest in 2 minutes. Local fire department, come on down, and hose down the entire highway.
  • nymet100 and ChiefSailer like this

#75 The Idiocracy

The Idiocracy

I'm a Michigander now.

• Donated Member
  • 5170 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:40 PM

As a law abiding tax paying citizen
I demand the police enforce the law.

Good luck with that bro. Call your congressmen.

This poop is too much. These useless pieces of crap continue to hail these dead pieces of crap like they are martyrs. THEY WERE CRIMINALS. I'm glad they're dead. They brought nothing to the table but the chance that me and my family might cross their paths at some point in the future. Two less things I have to worry about.

I say we organize a "shut this ***** down" protest over the safe act. Let's shut down the expressway for 7 minutes. I bet we all get pretty new bracelets.

[LANGUAGE FILTER] these people. There is a reason I live as far from NYC as I do. You all act like animals and I don't want my kids exposed to that garbage. That's right. You're culture is garbage. Just calling it like it is.

Sorry for exercising the language filter.

Note. This is not a racism fueled rant. It's culturally driven. Please don't be mistaken.

Edited by The Idiocracy, December 07 2014 - 08:47 PM.

• NRATC53, barfly, ChiBurger and 4 others like this

#76 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:45 PM

The protests are destroying the Christmas spirit in NYC.
  • iceburg19 and ChiefSailer like this

#77 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:47 PM

We here on LIF work for a living and wish to function in society. We tend to do things the legal way.

That sounds good & I don't disagree with you, but it's a strange counterpose to the Sturm und Drang that regularly occurs on LIF about our rights being trampled upon. So the Ferguson protesters are idiots & misguided & they are protesting across the country disrupting parades, looting stores, etc.

Our Constitutional rights are being crushed & we're arguing on the internet about how some miscreants protest illegally?

Just saw yesterday that the colonists were the lowest taxed & richest people in the world before the Revolution & yet they still revolted. So where does that leave us? And, I'm not leaving myself out of this question. More like I'm just wondering out loud.

Edited by ironbull45, December 07 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#78 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:49 PM

What reason would they have for getting denied a permit? If a permit was granted to protest wrongs against the 2nd amendment, why on earth would our beloved liberal government deny these people protesting on behalf of those that keep them in power? Career suicide for the libs in office.....now if it's because the permit wouldn't be issued in a timely manner, they should protest the delays and all the red tape....now that would be hilarious.....them protesting the very being of their beloved government who is the best decider on what's right for its people.....

Now, if a permit was applied for and Not Granted, then Will, I would agree with you in that they still have the right to protest......however, it should be done within the confines of the law (in terms of execution had a permit been granted) and without infringing on the rights of the people or jeopardizing their safety.

Will, find me this groups application for a permit and I will gladly shut up on half my points above. Still irresponsible of them for the manner in which they executed their protest. I am also disgusted that that SCPD took no action......aim sure they were only abiding by pressure coming from politicians, however, no one is above the law regardless of how good their intentions are. If someone were to hurt my daughter, wife, or family, I will do whatever it takes to make it right in my eyes..and fully accept the consequences should my actions be something that may not abide by the law....and yes, I really don't give a flying f$&@ about having this on the internet. I stand by my comments and will walk with my head held high all the way to the slammer god forbid it ever came to that.

Edited by Diesel1, December 07 2014 - 08:53 PM.

• ChiefSailer and Evoempire like this

#79 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:49 PM

If I was mayor, I would have solved the protest in 2 minutes. Local fire department, come on down, and hose down the entire highway.

Agreed, just lightly soak them. Hyperthermia is very hard to ignore. They'll clear out to warm up in minutes.
  • ChiefSailer likes this

#80 gopedxr7

gopedxr7

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4082 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 07 2014 - 08:51 PM

So they piss off and anger drivers who want to go home. Way to get support for their cause
  • raceradam and SOUTHSHOREROB like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 400, on, li, shut, down, sunrise, highway, in, garner, protest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users