400 on LI shut down Sunrise Highway in Garner protest - Page 3 - Long Island Crimes - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

400 on LI shut down Sunrise Highway in Garner protest

400 on li shut down sunrise highway in garner protest

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 C6NY

C6NY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7904 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:30 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=TPT3RFTpSUw
  • Objectivist likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:31 PM

I'm almost certain that the proper permits were obtained. I also think protesting should be done without putting other people in harm's way.

I don't agree with these idiots either, but I don't think permits should stand in the way of our 1st Amendment Rights.

"Pardon sir, but can we get a permit to storm your ship & throw your tea overboard?"

#43 ChiefSailer

ChiefSailer

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:35 PM

I don't agree with these idiots either, but I don't think permits should stand in the way of our 1st Amendment Rights.

"Pardon sir, but can we get a permit to storm your ship & throw your tea overboard?"

I think that event happened prior to the constitution being written.
  • NRATC53, ChiBurger, Hannco and 1 other like this

#44 Evoempire

Evoempire

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2488 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed - security compromised

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:36 PM

Think you may have missed his point on this one, just sayin
  • ub3rgeek and ChiefSailer like this

#45 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:37 PM

The way we cater to these morons disgusts me. Instead of "waking up America to racism" (which is what they say they're doing), they are dividing America more and more. It's a shame they are using the criminals as role models. I need more ammo.....

I think they are succeeding in waking up America to racism.
At least they have assisted in waking me up to the blatant racism of too many in the black community and the left.
  • ChiBurger, Glen959, C6NY and 3 others like this

#46 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:38 PM

4 1/2 minutes of an illegal protest that shuts down a main highway is more than an inconvenience. If an emergency vehicle was delayed and a life was lost I don't think that person's family would have your point of view. Think before you post.

ETA roads taught are closed for funerals and parades are planned in advance with advanced notification given to all emergency services and the public. Again, try thinking first!

LOL. And I had to read this now, when I'm fresh out of Troll Spray.

#47 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:38 PM

Would the NRA or TEA Party be granted the same right to protest?

No.
They'd be arrested and it would be on TV as right wing white racist extremists riot against America!

• Barnslayer, ChiBurger, ub3rgeek and 5 others like this

#48 rubbermittens

rubbermittens

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3938 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:41 PM

Do they not have a right to protest their government? Should we have been arrested when we tore up the front lawn of the capitol building up in Albany?

I dont agree with their position but they have the right voice their (lousy misled) opinions just as we do.

Nothing wrong with protesting but lying down in the middle of sunrise highway? Last I checked it is illegal to walk down the side of it. I'm not familiar with amityville, maybe the sunrise just turns to a surface street at that point but still to lay down on the road and block traffic?
  • NRATC53 and ChiBurger like this

#49 Fastphil

Fastphil

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:44 PM

POPULAR

. That's like the pot calling the kettle black
  • artburg, Aquabach, malakaguy and 6 others like this

#50 ChiefSailer

ChiefSailer

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:45 PM

I'm glad you find this funny. Maybe one day the stupidity of your posts will come back to hurt you or someone you care about.
  • artburg, Aquabach and Hannco like this

#51 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:49 PM

Will, feel free to protest at the end of my driveway before I back out. :)
  • artburg, Aquabach, malakaguy and 5 others like this

#52 Yanke1624

Yanke1624

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2164 posts
  • LocationThe Empire of New York

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:53 PM

If they don't want to breathe I could just drive over them with my suv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ChiBurger and ChiefSailer like this

#53 roadraje

roadraje

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1731 posts
  • Locationoff the grid.

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:53 PM

speed-bumps.
  • ChiBurger, Uvbnaxed, ChiefSailer and 1 other like this

#54 ChiefSailer

ChiefSailer

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:54 PM

Will, feel free to protest at the end of my driveway before I back out. :)

I'm sure he gets a lot of those kind of invitations.

Edited by ChiefSailer, December 07 2014 - 07:01 PM.

• Aquabach and Uvbnaxed like this

#55 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'm sure he gets a lot off those kind of invitations.

Hope he takes me up on the offer! :)
  • Aquabach and ChiefSailer like this

#56 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:02 PM

I do see an epidemic, people need to stop acting stupid when they have an encounter with Law Enforcment. Don't do anything stupid, cooperate, and life should go on nice and easy. I never had an LEO draw on me or choke me for being polite and cooperating.

Yeah, but that's not really the issue here. The issue here is that people protested what they believed were transgressions by the authorities. So what are you going to do- go in swinging clubs? What do you think would be the consequences of that? Turn Sunrise Highway into the American version of Tianenemen Square? I believe that the smart thing to do is exactly what the cops did- let them have their 4-1/2 minutes of fame, get their "public awareness" (positive or negative as the case may be) and move on.

BTW I've seen positive proof of what happens when a Gov't tries to suppress protests on the other side of the world recently- ended up in a series of escalations until the people forced the PM to step down. Now "Black people" are a minority here, but escalation ain't gonna help anybody- it's only going to coalesce the movement by martyring the people that get dragged off the highway or pepper sprayed.

I also believe if you need to protest your Government, you might ask for a permission slip but if you are denied and you still feel obliated to do so as a social imperative, you should not let the term "illegal protest" stand in your way- you have a RIGHT to seek redress of your grievances from your Government. Well, unless you are with Somesailer(sic). In that case I guess if the gov't says you can't protest, you go lick your wounds in the corner or something, I don't know.

• Objectivist likes this

#57 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hope he takes me up on the offer! :)

I'm game, where u live?

• pshooter likes this

#58 Sheeple

Sheeple

Banned

• Banned
  • 10933 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:04 PM

"They also chanted in Spanish: "¡No puedo respirar!""

Why?

Bunch of racists. Only reason they're protesting is because a white officer shot a black guy, and Garner died while in the custody of a white officer. Anyone hear about the black NYPD officer the beat the crap out of a black fare jumper? No? It was only on a select few local news outlets.

http://pix11.com/201...ith-nightstick/

I firmly believe in both instances the officers would have reacted the EXACT same way if the criminal was a white guy. A criminal is a criminal. They decided their fate.

Edited by Sheeple, December 07 2014 - 07:05 PM.

• TERRY P, ChiBurger, C6NY and 1 other like this

#59 Schoen

Schoen

Patience

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1751 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:04 PM

You are just jealous that our organization ability stinks compared to these protestors.
If we had one sixteenth their passion, belief of our convictions and willingness to stand by them, NY firearms owners would not have SAFE and we would have CCW.
I'm not pissed at them when Sunrise is shut down, I'm pissed at the members on LI who didn't vote in November but ***** about our representatives. Less than 25 percent bothered to vote and that message is heard loud and clear in Albany and DC.
  • Objectivist likes this

#60 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted December 07 2014 - 07:24 PM

You are just jealous that our organization ability stinks compared to these protestors.
If we had one sixteenth their passion, belief of our convictions and willingness to stand by them, NY firearms owners would not have SAFE and we would have CCW.
I'm not pissed at them when Sunrise is shut down, I'm pissed at the members on LI who didn't vote in November but ***** about our representatives. Less than 25 percent bothered to vote and that message is heard loud and clear in Albany and DC.

That was my point about the proper permits. We should feel good about ourselves as SAFE protesters because we got the proper permits before going to Albany???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 400, on, li, shut, down, sunrise, highway, in, garner, protest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users