400 on LI shut down Sunrise Highway in Garner protest - Page 2 - Long Island Crimes - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

400 on LI shut down Sunrise Highway in Garner protest

400 on li shut down sunrise highway in garner protest

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 warmnfuzzyar

warmnfuzzyar

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 8632 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:21 PM

" The Stupid " is leeching Eastward .

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:25 PM

I'm " Die In " to know who the heck is coordinating all these group protesting..What is there a website all these people go on..

That's easy:
http://www.democrats.org/
  • NRATC53 likes this

#23 sparks25

sparks25

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2337 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:27 PM

God forbid if someone is in need of an
ambulance during a life threatening
situation.

Everyone should be arrested for
involuntary manslaughter then if
someone died over this stupidity.

SMH.

Peace,
GH-07

Maybe they could have one of the county snow plows run interference for the ambulance or fire truck. Thay should get their attention.
  • ChiBurger and Ghost Hunter like this

#24 artburg

artburg

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 6303 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:35 PM

As a law abiding tax paying citizen
I demand the police enforce the law.
  • Tonto, frank57, Ghost Hunter and 5 others like this

#25 Glen959

Glen959

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 317 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:37 PM

The way we cater to these morons disgusts me. Instead of "waking up America to racism" (which is what they say they're doing), they are dividing America more and more. It's a shame they are using the criminals as role models. I need more ammo.....
  • NRATC53, Denny, frank57 and 4 others like this

#26 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:41 PM

Would the NRA or TEA Party be granted the same right to protest?
  • ChiBurger, ub3rgeek, MossbergMan and 1 other like this

#27 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24737 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:42 PM

Liars! They didn't die during their "die in".

Why didn't the town use Snow plows doing about 50 mph to clear the road?
That would have worked nicely.

Is that OUP behind the wheel?

Posted Image
  • OH UNCLE PAUL, Tonto, bigbore44 and 1 other like this

#28 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:50 PM

As a law abiding tax paying citizen
I demand the police enforce the law.

"The Law" including the parts you don't like such as NYSAFE?

Let's face it- we have to respect the right to public assembly and peaceful protest to address grievances with the Government, that's what makes the USA "free".
We don't always have to agree with the opinions of the protestors, but 4-1/2 minutes is hardly inconveniencing anyone. They close roads for funeral processions and parades all the time. Or construction. These protestors believe (
correctly or incorrectly) that a wrong was committed. A lot of them also see an endemic problem, the line is more than a little blurry. I'm sure there are also some idiots that just want to be a part of something.
  • MasonEtAl likes this

#29 ChiefSailer

ChiefSailer

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:52 PM

Do they not have a right to protest their government? Should we have been arrested when we tore up the front lawn of the capitol building up in Albany?

I dont agree with their position but they have the right voice their (lousy misled) opinions just as we do.

I don't think any laws were broken when rallies were held in Albany. I'm almost certain that the proper permits were obtained. I also think protesting should be done without putting other people in harm's way.
  • NRATC53, Parashooter, Tonto and 5 others like this

#30 ChiefSailer

ChiefSailer

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 05:57 PM

Let's face it- we have to respect the right to public assembly and peaceful protest to address grievances with the Government, that's what makes the USA "free".
We don't always have to agree with the opinions of the protestors, but 4-1/2 minutes is hardly inconveniencing anyone. They close roads for funeral processions and parades all the time. Or construction. These protestors believe (
correctly or incorrectly) that a wrong was committed. A lot of them also see an endemic problem, the line is more than a little blurry. I'm sure there are also some idiots that just want to be a part of something.

4 1/2 minutes of an illegal protest that shuts down a main highway is more than an inconvenience. If an emergency vehicle was delayed and a life was lost I don't think that person's family would have your point of view. Think before you post.

ETA roads that are closed for funerals and parades are planned in advance with advanced notification given to all emergency services and the public. Again, try thinking first!

Edited by ChiefSailer, December 07 2014 - 06:30 PM.

• Barnslayer, ChiBurger, ub3rgeek and 5 others like this

#31 raceradam

raceradam

Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...

• Club LIF Member

• 5932 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:02 PM

I think they should have all floated, face down, in the Great South Bay in observance of Pearl Harbor Day! If they want to pay homage to people who died, why not ones who gave their lives so that they may have the freedom to protest?!

They have the right to protest, not the right cause a safety hazard. It disgusts me that the SCPD just allowed them to lie down in the middle of a busy public road and bring traffic to a halt.
  • Barnslayer, frank57, ChiBurger and 5 others like this

#32 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24737 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image
  • Tonto, bigbore44, frank57 and 3 others like this

#33 spitdog

spitdog

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1024 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:08 PM

That's why everybody should own a 4x4. You just never know when you might need it.
  • The Architect, ChiBurger, ub3rgeek and 1 other like this

#34 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:12 PM

POPULAR

Protest all you want, ON THE SIDE WALK. Stay off the roads douche bags!
  • The Architect, NRATC53, ChiBurger and 10 others like this

#35 artburg

artburg

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 6303 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:17 PM

I make a point of not getting sucked into your post but these idiots are lying down on a highway.If you were protesting the safe act by lying in the street I would feel the same way.
They are using the deaths of 2 lawless scumbags to attack police and anyone who disagrees with them.
But blocking roads,bridges,stores etc is not gonna make people take their side.I'm surprised they aren't
mentioning Bill Cosby yet...
Ps,I won't respond to you :)
  • ChiBurger, Uvbnaxed, Hannco and 3 others like this

#36 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:17 PM

POPULAR

I do see an epidemic, people need to stop acting stupid when they have an encounter with Law Enforcment. Don't do anything stupid, cooperate, and life should go on nice and easy. I never had an LEO draw on me or choke me for being polite and cooperating.
  • bigbore44, ChiBurger, 5.56 and 8 others like this

#37 id=11022

id=11022

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Guests
  • 964 posts

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:22 PM

Couple thoughts on this, I'm bothered by BLACK teenager shot by WHITE police officer. That sensationalist journalism but this idiocy is to be expected so whatever.
2-Blocking people from getting to work, great protest idea because all those people trying to put food on the table for their families were the ones who shot Michael Brown.
  • Diesel1 likes this

#38 MossbergMan

MossbergMan

shall NOT be infringed

• Club LIF Member

• 2426 posts
  • LocationRikers Island

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:22 PM

Would the NRA or TEA Party be granted the same right to protest?

every one of us would be leaving in cuffs
  • Barnslayer and ChiefSailer like this

#39 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:24 PM

Rashad Mitchell, a 28-year-old community organizer for the Long Island Progressive Coalition.

Future Democratic Presidential candidate?

Progressive is always a euphemism for Communist.
  • Barnslayer, ChiBurger and Hannco like this

#40 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned

• 7584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted December 07 2014 - 06:29 PM

It's only a matter of time. Someone's kid will protest not getting a new iPhone for the holidays, protest, and get run over like a speed bump. STOP THE PROTESTS!!!! IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

• ChiBurger and ChiefSailer like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 400, on, li, shut, down, sunrise, highway, in, garner, protest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users