Bass Pro Shops to open at Mitchel Field - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Bass Pro Shops to open at Mitchel Field

bass pro shops to open at mitchel field

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24669 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:08 PM

http://www.basspro.c...ct/not provided

Bass Pro Shops to open fourth New York store in Nassau County on Long Island
November 3, 2014

UNIONDALE, N.Y. - Bass Pro Shops, an outdoor retailer specializing in hunting, fishing, camping and other related outdoor gear, is proud to announce plans for a new store in Uniondale, New York. The Bass Pro Shops retail attraction will be the lead tenant of Blumenfeld Development Group and Forest City Ratner’s newly designed and renovated Nassau Coliseum and surrounding development project in Uniondale, New York. The site is adjacent to the Roosevelt Field mall and retail node. An opening date for the new 80,000-120,000 square-foot Bass Pro Shops store will be announced at a later date.Posted Image

This will be the company’s fourth store in New York as they currently operate stores in Auburn and Utica; while a new location was announced for Victor.

“We are very grateful for the opportunity to be the lead anchor tenant for this exciting new development,” said Johnny Morris, founder of Bass Pro Shops. “Our mega outdoor store will be a tribute to the great sporting tradition and heritage of the region and a celebration of the sporting men and women of New York.”

Considered by many to be one of the strongest retail areas in the country, the Nassau Coliseum and Sports and Entertainment district is located in the heart of Nassau County—a suburban county on Long Island. The area surrounding the project is densely populated with more than 18 million people living within 50 miles. The new Bass Pro Shops retail store will front Hempstead Turnpike which, along with the other roads surrounding the site, has an excess of 30 million cars each year.

Nationally, Bass Pro Shops will host more than 116 million people visiting their 89 stores and marine centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50+ miles. Bass Pro Shops was named by Advertising Age magazine as one of the Top 10 Hottest Brands in America along with name brands such as Old Spice, M&M’s, iPad and Droid. Also, Bass Pro Shops has been recognized numerous times for their conservation and outdoor education efforts.

“Blumenfeld Development Group and Forest City Ratner are proud to announce Bass Pro Shops as the lead tenant to the newly designed and renovated Nassau Coliseum and surrounding development,” said Ed Blumenfeld of Blumenfeld Development Group. “We have come up with a unique and exciting product to support the resurrection of Nassau Coliseum. We plan to build a vibrant sports and entertainment venue that will bring life back to the area. As we develop the coliseum with concerts, college sports programming and other family oriented programs, Bass Pro Shops is the perfect anchor tenant to support our vision for this new innovative development. This is a huge benefit to Nassau County; Bass Pro Shops has many existing customers who live on Long Island but have to shop elsewhere. Now people will be able to shop easily in the county and the county will collect sales tax dollars that are being spent in other states.”

Bass Pro Shops unique, award-winning, mega-sized outdoor stores are known for combining retail with entertainment, conservation and outdoor education. More than just a fishing and hunting store, the Bass Pro Shops store will also offer equipment and clothing for hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, camping, and other related outdoor gear. A gift and nature center features a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture. Expansive boat showrooms offer Tracker, Nitro, SunTracker, Tahoe, Grizzly and Mako boats built by Tracker Marine Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of fishing boats.

Bass Pro Shops Dedication to Conservation
Bass Pro Shops lodge-like exteriors and outdoor-themed interiors make them popular with customers. The outdoors feel is brought indoors through massive log and rock work, large indoor aquariums and water features stocked with native fish species as well as an extensive collection of museum quality fish and wildlife mounts. Historic photos and exhibits will pay tribute to the region’s great outdoor heritage.

Since the beginning, Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris has been dedicated to inspiring people, especially youth and families, to love, enjoy and conserve the great outdoors. That commitment, demonstrated over the course of several decades, is a big reason why Bass Pro Shops is known as the outdoor industry’s corporate conservation leader. Bass Pro Shops’ has partnered with and supports the efforts of many organizations that work to conserve and manage the nation’s natural resources. The company’s key conservation initiatives include fish and wildlife habitat improvements, conservation and outdoor skills education, improving water quality and quality of our lakes and springs, and conservation advocacy.

Visit this link to see a video showcasing a Bass Pro Shops store: .

Suggested photo caption for Image #1
Artist’s rendering of Bass Pro Shops retail store in Uniondale, N.Y.

About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops®, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 89 retail stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 116 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackermarine.com), which has produced the number one selling brand of fishing boats for more than 36 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge® (http://www.bigcedar.com), voted number six by Travel + Leisure Magazine as World's Best Hotels for Families. For more information, visit www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops.

Contact: Katie Mitchell, Bass Pro Shops, Communications Manager (417-873-5618) [email protected]
  • vmtcmt, 50bmgshooter, wuggzwest and 2 others like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:10 PM

POPULAR

I'm sporting wood right now. Only thing better would be a Cabelas
  • grifhunter, NRATC53, CAP1974 and 15 others like this

#3 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3753 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:15 PM

Well I guess Andy at Coliseum must be po 'd...lol
  • Tonto, Dfisch, golfmech and 2 others like this

#4 TTSkipper

TTSkipper

• Established Member
  • 5582 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:17 PM

I will believe it when it is built. No estimated date on when they plan to be open on the press release.
  • DLM, ChiefSailer and Sheeple like this

#5 Walker1847

Walker1847

Walker1847

• Club LIF Member
  • 12106 posts
  • LocationI'm not in Kansas anymore

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:17 PM

Do they realize this is NY - the "Progressive Capital"?

Edited by Walker1847, November 05 2014 - 01:17 PM.

• ChiBurger likes this

#6 Chief Brody

Chief Brody

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1009 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:18 PM

They're still slooowly making progress on their site near the water in Bridgeport. Hopefully by the spring it'll be up and running. Cabela's has to be taking notice.

#7 Fastphil

Fastphil

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:18 PM

POPULAR

By the time the store is completed they won't be able to sell anything firearms related.

Sorry for the negative attitude
  • The Architect, thetreewisemen, TJ Ironhorse and 15 others like this

#8 jim357

jim357

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 105 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:20 PM

Wonder if they're gonna carry firearms. Coliseum is gonna love this

#9 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:31 PM

POPULAR

Now all the Dick's haters who pretend not to shop there will be able to finally quit shopping there.
  • NRATC53, Tonto, Dfisch and 11 others like this

#10 Strat688

Strat688

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5523 posts
  • LocationEast Setauket

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:36 PM

They probably won't carry any firearms or hunting gear.
  • wrench and ChiefSailer like this

#11 Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4034 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:45 PM

Ironic, is that they'll be waking distance to the Nassau range, but probably won't be allowed to sell firearms, and maybe ammo too. Especially when Cuomo passes Safe act 2, in the middle of the night, in the middle of the next Northeaster. And with Mangano now in Andy's back pocket, no new gun related stores will open in Nassau.
I wish I could be optimistic, but I live in the here and now, not in fantasy land. Nassau is now Cuomo's new home away from home.
  • Tonto and Edward_Blake like this

#12 liseverewx

liseverewx

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1690 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 01:57 PM

Praying gun laws don't become worse so we can enjoy some guns at bass. The fishing section would be amazing. I'll still be looking forward to it.
  • Outsideman likes this

#13 mlf4

mlf4

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 224 posts
  • LocationStony Brook

Posted November 05 2014 - 02:06 PM

POPULAR

Clerk: "Welcome to Long Island Bass shop, how can I help you?"
Shopper: "Where is the gun section?"
Clerk: "Take the elevator to the sub-basement, walk all the way past the trash compactor room and there is an unmarked door at the left. Knock three times and have two forms of ID available and they will let you in."
Shopper: "Cool... and then I can look at the guns there?"
Clerk: "Oh no, we don't carry any guns in the shop. However, we will let you look at them in our catalog."
  • NRATC53, CaptainMitchell, Tonto and 7 others like this

#14 CaptainMitchell

CaptainMitchell

Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.

• Club LIF Member
  • 6236 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 02:09 PM

I wonder if they will sell NYeutered ARs?

Maybe DSI should open a shop up next to them. Might be a good opportunity for them.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#15 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16245 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted November 05 2014 - 02:18 PM

Now all the Dick's haters who pretend not to shop there will be able to finally quit shopping there.

Not me. I'm a Dick's hater and I pretend not to shop there but I will continue to 'pretend' not to shop there.

Still, it'd be nice if Cabela's would revive their Secaucus store.

Edited by BLAMMO, November 05 2014 - 02:19 PM.

• NRATC53 and Mad Russian like this

#16 cu455

cu455

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1761 posts

Posted November 05 2014 - 02:32 PM

I will believe it when it is built. No estimated date on when they plan tohopopen on the press release.

Especally since not to long ago a Cabelas was suppose to be opening on Long Island. It ended up being some Mexican resturant Carrambas. I hope they do open a Bass Pro Shop. I never been in one. I do have some of their hunting games on wii.

#17 Tohrtd3

Tohrtd3

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationLynbrook, ny

Posted November 05 2014 - 02:52 PM

Little skeptical about the will be announced at a later date for the prospective date but still this is good news. Like others have said though, a Cabela's would be better... especially since I do all my online ordering there as opposed to Bass Pro so I've earned some points and would like to continue that hahaha.

I had heard in the past though.. Thats Dicks is looking for a location for a Field and Stream concept store as well as Cabela's still looking at long island for future stores.

Maybe this announcement is the one that gets the ball rolling.

^^^ wishful thinking but I tend to be optimistic haha

#18 Jiffjingle

Jiffjingle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted November 05 2014 - 02:58 PM

Wish this happens

#19 TTSkipper

TTSkipper

• Established Member
  • 5582 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted November 05 2014 - 02:59 PM

Especally since not to long ago a Cabelas was suppose to be opening on Long Island. It ended up being some Mexican resturant Carrambas. I hope they do open a Bass Pro Shop. I never been in one. I do have some of their hunting games on wii.

Carrambas, Cabelas, potato, potato.

I have been to two Bass Pro Shops, Foxboro, MA next to Gillette Stadium and Ft. Lauderdale, FL next to the International Gamefishing Hall of Fame. The one next to the IGF HOF in FL is huge, and absolutely amazing. It is better than some aquariums I have been to.
  • Fastphil likes this

#20 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted November 05 2014 - 03:04 PM

I've been to several of them. The big ones are as good as the best Cabelas.

This one is 1/2 the size of the one they're planning for NJ.
  • grifhunter likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bass, pro, shops, to, open, at, mitchel, field

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users