..storage (camper) - Page 2 - Camping / RV - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

..storage (camper)

storage camper

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• Topic Starter
  • 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 21 2014 - 06:24 PM

Can you remove it and route around it with flex pipe?

Dunno got to get in there and see what im working with.

Maybe ill ask yaphank kid for another favor ;)

Sent on Tapatalk with a S5

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 nitroscope8

nitroscope8

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 889 posts
  • LocationLake Grove

Posted October 21 2014 - 06:29 PM

I'm pretty sure the arctic ban is just alcohol and dye. i doubt it would hurt a filter.

#23 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted October 21 2014 - 06:46 PM

Dropped our trailer off at the dealer yesterday. I had a few warranty issues to deal with. They will also winterize, check the roof and caulking and install some new toys I ordered. I asked how they would handle the in house water filter. They said winterize with it in place and change it and wash the canister in the spring. The filter is almost shot anyway as it was used for the second half of the season.
The dealer originally told me they would store it for the winter, but when we dropped it off they weren't sure they still had room. They'll be done with their stuff to do in about a month and then I might have to look for a storage place as well. I can store it on my seasonal site for the winter but the trailer really takes a beating in the woods over the winter.

#24 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 738 posts
  • LocationEx-New Yorker now living in Peachtree City GA

Posted October 21 2014 - 06:58 PM

Just winterized last Friday ... I hate this time of the year. Took this pic just before putting into storage .... it was a sad day.

My Eagle.jpg

Edited by gcloss, October 21 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#25 warmnfuzzyar

warmnfuzzyar

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 8632 posts

Posted October 21 2014 - 07:20 PM

......................... I tucked Heisenberg away for the winter .

Attached Thumbnails

• 038.JPG
  • 042.JPG

• gcloss likes this

#26 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 738 posts

Posted October 21 2014 - 07:23 PM

Dropped our trailer off at the dealer yesterday. I had a few warranty issues to deal with. They will also winterize, check the roof and caulking and install some new toys I ordered. I asked how they would handle the in house water filter. They said winterize with it in place and change it and wash the canister in the spring. The filter is almost shot anyway as it was used for the second half of the season.
The dealer originally told me they would store it for the winter, but when we dropped it off they weren't sure they still had room. They'll be done with their stuff to do in about a month and then I might have to look for a storage place as well. I can store it on my seasonal site for the winter but the trailer really takes a beating in the woods over the winter.

Where do you get your trailer serviced?

#27 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted October 21 2014 - 10:24 PM

Where do you get your trailer serviced?

We bought our fifth wheel at Stoltfus RV in West Chester Pa, about 20 miles from lancster Pa. We brought it there for some warranty service as well as the winterization and other services. According to the manufacturer the trailer has to have an annual inspection by an authorized dealer to maintain the warranty. So the trip to Lancaster was necessary.

#28 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted October 26 2014 - 02:14 PM

The dealer called and said he doesn't have any room to store our camper for the winter. We called spring gulch campground in New Holland Pa. They will store it for the winter for $50.00 a month, so we made reservations to start the season there and booked the month of April.
See it wasn't to long we are already booking for next season. :)

• The Architect and gcloss like this

#29 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 738 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 03:10 PM

The dealer called and said he doesn't have any room to store our camper for the winter. We called spring gulch campground in New Holland Pa. They will store it for the winter for $50.00 a month, so we made reservations to start the season there and booked the month of April.
See it wasn't to long we are already booking for next season. :)

$50 a month is a good price. I had my trailer in MIL driveway for free, then had to move it to Wading River @ $100/month. This year I'm storing it in the Hudson Valley for $75/month.

We used to camp at Spring Gulch at least twice a year for nearly 20 years. As I got older I just got tired of towing the trailer on the BQE to the Verrazano Bridge or the Cross Bronx to the GWB.
  • foxfire likes this

#30 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted October 26 2014 - 07:10 PM

$50 a month is a good price. I had my trailer in MIL driveway for free, then had to move it to Wading River @ $100/month. This year I'm storing it in the Hudson Valley for $75/month.

We used to camp at Spring Gulch at least twice a year for nearly 20 years. As I got older I just got tired of towing the trailer on the BQE to the Verrazano Bridge or the Cross Bronx to the GWB.

I will never bring our trailer home to LI. We keep a seasonal site at Rip Van Winkle Campground in Saugerties and keep our trailer there most of the time and come and go from there. We usually start the season in Pa as they start earlier in the season. Since we had to tow it 250 miles to the selling dealer for service we figured we would try to a stay closer at her than tow it back and forth a total of 500 miles.

#31 Rugerville Resident

Rugerville Resident

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 365 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 07:13 PM

Got a buddy keeps his trailer in a boatyard. They let him plug in for power and everything. It's his winter waterfront hangout on weekends.
  • The Architect and gcloss like this

#32 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7246 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 08:48 AM

Got the trailer washed, dried and covered this weekend while I listened to my wife bemoan the official end of the camping season for us :(.
  • The Architect likes this

#33 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 27 2014 - 08:58 AM

mines winterized and in storage :(

#34 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11496 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted October 27 2014 - 09:06 AM

I am looking for indoor storage. Doesn't have to be on LI. Anyone have any pointers?
This is for winter storage.

Im in SUffolk. Location isnt any issue. I would like climate controlled.

Oh Crap! CLUB LIF dues are going up

Edited by zzrguy, October 27 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#35 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted October 27 2014 - 09:27 AM

Guys, that is what I love about mine.

In the winter I dump the water and and winterize like you guys do but my season doesn't end. My camper has a cassette toilet that when filled with -50 winterizing liquid is 100% usable all winter long. We get about 4 days before having to dump and the cassette carries like a 35lb suitcase. We carry our water in 2 gallon containers, heat it on the stove with 40lbs of LP and have 90% of our summer season capacity.

I know it looks small but it has sleeping room for 5 with one queen, a full and single beds. My Honda 2000i can run in its own exterior cabinet and runs everything at once including a 22 inch TV/DVD, air conditioner or heater and the 3 way refrigerator for 8-12 hours on a gallon of gas.

Best of all, we can tow a boat, another trailer or pay regular tolls on bridges and parkways because we're 2 axles. Something to consider if you're considering "downgrading". :)

Attached Thumbnails

• camper.png

• gcloss likes this

#36 BUGZ

BUGZ

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 450 posts
  • LocationEX--Long Islander

Posted November 04 2014 - 05:51 PM

Winterize hell no I just went to Az. for the winter :beach :beach :nyam :nyam
  • warmnfuzzyar and mickeyblueyes like this

#37 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted November 04 2014 - 06:26 PM

Winterize hell no I just went to Az. for the winter :beach :beach :nyam :nyam

Nice

#38 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted November 04 2014 - 07:01 PM

Just winterized last Friday ... I hate this time of the year. Took this pic just before putting into storage .... it was a sad day.

My Eagle.jpg

BEEutiful. I was out looking near Grumman last weekend and walked in some of the Jaycos. WOW! The slide out and layouts make them nicer then my APT! However, I am susceptible to sticker shock. My eyes water up and I have to leave...
They had a fifth wheel for 40,000 (if I remember correctly) that I could live in full time. The stair case to the master bedroom had me hooked.
  • gcloss likes this

#39 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 738 posts

Posted November 04 2014 - 08:05 PM

BEEutiful. I was out looking near Grumman last weekend and walked in some of the Jaycos. WOW! The slide out and layouts make them nicer then my APT! However, I am susceptible to sticker shock. My eyes water up and I have to leave...
They had a fifth wheel for 40,000 (if I remember correctly) that I could live in full time. The stair case to the master bedroom had me hooked.

The guys in Wading River by the old Grumman facility are great guys. Bought a new Jayco from them back in 2007, but they tend to be a little high priced. They are probably one of the best on Long Island for RV service. I've always had them perform all of the service on my trailers. Three years ago when taking my trailer to them for service, I was hit by a wrong way driver on Rt 25 about 3/4 mile west of them. My trailer sustained $4200 in damages. They worked with my insurance company and fixed the trailer just like it was when it came out of the factory.

If you are hooked on a Jayco like I am, go to rvdirect.com and work up a quote from them and have it emailed to you. Their prices are about the lowest around. I took their quote and visited a few Jayco dealers to see what I could do. The people at Camping World in Kingston were able to meet the price right to the penny and also gave me a good price for my 2009 Jayco Eagle on a trade. Hence the new 2015 Jayco Eagle.

#40 VietVet

VietVet

• Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted November 04 2014 - 08:12 PM

The guys in Wading River by the old Grumman facility are great guys.

That would be WES Trailers.
Picked up my camper from them.
Always helpful and great service.

Here's link to their site....................

http://www.westrailersales.com/
  • gcloss likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: storage, camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users