RV Usage Each Year - Camping / RV - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

RV Usage Each Year

rv usage each year

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7097 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 11:30 AM

I just updated my camping log to include our latest trip to Smith's Point. We picked up our trailer on July 12th, 2012 and since then have logged 4,613 miles and 52 nights of camping. The first season was a short season since we picked up the trailer in mid-July, so I'm thinking we are going to average about 22 nights per season (we have one more 3 night trip planned this year before we close up the trailer). This is probably going to be about what we do for the next few years until we retire after which we are hoping to bump this up to six months out of the year camping.

Of all of the places we've stayed Disney's Fort Wilderness has been the favorite but its a 2,500 mile trip so we don't foresee doing that again any time soon. A little closer to home our favorites are Smith's Point, NY and Otter Lake, PA.

How many nights per year are you averaging? I'm sure this is going to be quite different for those still working versus those that have retired. What are you some of your favorite places to camp within a four or five hour drive?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 VietVet

VietVet

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 4453 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 11:44 AM

4,613 miles and 52 nights of camping?

I'd say you're putting your camper to great use.

This year was a slow one for us. A few planned trips were canceled due to lousy weather. I just wont go if the forecast looks bad.

I've only gone three times this season with one more trip planned for mid September.

Total nights so far.............10.
If we make the next one the season total will be 15 so you're way ahead of me.

Favorite place for me believe it or not is Cedar Point out east.

Don't care for the Campgrounds that stack everyone right next to each other. The only negative with CP is no electric hook up so I have to bring the gene and gas but I don't mind.

My biggest problem is I just retired but the wife isn't so it does create an issue. If we go out east I usually go out a day or two earlier, set up and she'll come out Friday evening. Hopefully next year we do better.

Edited by VietVet, August 23 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#3 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7097 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 12:47 PM

4,613 miles and 52 nights of camping?

I'd say you're putting your camper to great use.

This year was a slow one for us. A few planned trips were canceled due to lousy weather. I just wont go if the forecast looks bad.

I've only gone three times this season with one more trip planned for mid September.

Total nights so far.............10.
If we make the next one the season total will be 15 so you're way ahead of me.

Favorite place for me believe it or not is Cedar Point out east.

Don't care for the Campgrounds that stack everyone right next to each other. The only negative with CP is no electric hook up so I have to bring the gene and gas but I don't mind.

My biggest problem is I just retired but the wife isn't so it does create an issue. If we go out east I usually go out a day or two earlier, set up and she'll come out Friday evening. Hopefully next year we do better.

I'd like to do more camping at places like Cedar Point but a must have during the Summer is A/C at night, so we have to stick to places that have electric hook-up. In late September we're going out to Hither Hills for a long weekend with the generator hoping it really won't be to hot in the evenings so even without the A/C sleeping won't be an issue. They only allow you to run the generator during certain daytime hours. Unfortunately we can't do a lot of Fall camping because my wife works in a school and they don't allow you to take vacation time during the school year (she does have the Summer off).

#4 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 734 posts
  • LocationEx-New Yorker now living in Peachtree City GA

Posted August 23 2014 - 04:09 PM

We average over 40 nights per season and never camp on Long Island. Always camp with full hookups for A/C, microwave, tv, etc.

Right now we are at Jellystone CG in Gardiner NY. Easy trip from Long Island.

#5 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7097 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:12 PM

Anyone else want to share their camping activity and list of favorite places to camp?

#6 kevin

kevin

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 671 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:47 PM

I picked up a RV mid August and have only been to Blydenburg so far. Have spent more time camping in the driveway with my son than anything. He's only 4 so just sleeping in it is fun to him. Looking forward to next year
  • 2edgesword likes this

#7 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7097 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:56 PM

I picked up a RV mid August and have only been to Blydenburg so far. Have spent more time camping in the driveway with my son than anything. He's only 4 so just sleeping in it is fun to him. Looking forward to next year

At this time of the year with the cool weather and no need for A/C Blydenburg is nice. Once you're in the campground it doesn't matter if you're 10 miles or 100 miles from home.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rv, usage, each, year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users