Compliant AK-47's - Page 4 - AK - [Rifles] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Compliant AK-47's

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Ayarza22

Ayarza22

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 139 posts

Posted April 17 2015 - 03:15 PM

Staples for a staple nailer. Like when you do cedar siding on a house. They're like finish nails in diameter

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#62 Mudrock67

Mudrock67

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted February 12 2017 - 07:03 PM

Love my saiga...

#63 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted February 13 2017 - 12:58 AM

Looks nice, yet it looks like it has a thread protector on the barrel, I would be concerned if non LEO.

it says 

Lee Armory – New York / California Compliant AK
  • Rifles built from a Polish, Hungarian or Romanian Parts Kit.
  • The bayonet lug will be removed.
  • ​To comply with the NY SAFE ACT an AR-15 spur grip will be installed
  • ​* California Residents – We can install a 333Kydex Wrap
  • 10 Round Magazine Provided
  • Test Fired Prior to Shipment
  • Threads removed from barrel

#64 set2374

set2374

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 853 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted February 13 2017 - 12:23 PM

Talk about resurrecting an old post.  It's not easy to find NY compliant AK's.   The Russian saiga sporters used to be good choices, but Obama stopped them from being imported into the country as part of his sanctions against Russia.   If you can find one of those rifles around, they are going for north of $800 (used to be $350).  That said, the triggers on the saiga sporters suck!   You can probably build  your own AK.   There are kits out there, including a new one that's being sold by Palmetto State Armory.   You'll need to use a spur grip for an AR and fabricate a wooden spacer or something similar so that it will fit correctly on the rifle.  You'd also have to weld on a thread protector.   I have no experience with AK's, but it's my understanding building your own from a kit is a lot more involved than building an AR.  If you're going to go with Lee Armory, you're going to be paying a LOT of money for a mid-range AK.   I just don't see the value.   You'd be better off going with an SKS or Mini 30 for a semi-auto that shoots 7.62x39.     

#65 hawkeye

hawkeye

Gunecologist

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2261 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted February 13 2017 - 12:38 PM

Talk about resurrecting an old post.  It's not easy to find NY compliant AK's.   The Russian saiga sporters used to be good choices, but Obama stopped them from being imported into the country as part of his sanctions against Russia.   If you can find one of those rifles around, they are going for north of $800 (used to be $350).  That said, the triggers on the saiga sporters suck!   You can probably build  your own AK.   There are kits out there, including a new one that's being sold by Palmetto State Armory.   You'll need to use a spur grip for an AR and fabricate a wooden spacer or something similar so that it will fit correctly on the rifle.  You'd also have to weld on a thread protector.   I have no experience with AK's, but it's my understanding building your own from a kit is a lot more involved than building an AR.  If you're going to go with Lee Armory, you're going to be paying a LOT of money for a mid-range AK.   I just don't see the value.   You'd be better off going with an SKS or Mini 30 for a semi-auto that shoots 7.62x39.

Or, you can go with a simple adaptor and a Spur Grip.
http://www.carolinas...p/ace-akara.htm
  • Destro likes this

#66 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5873 posts

Posted February 13 2017 - 01:02 PM

Holy grave dig batman !!

It's always new members who grave dig.

#67 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted February 14 2017 - 03:47 AM

Holy grave dig batman !!

It's always new members who grave dig.

because they are new here, they go reading old threads, marvelling at the treasure trove of knowledge. they get so carried away that they just have to chime in on a topic, without checking if the OP is even dead by now, or banned, and therefore not seeing the response.

#68 Semperfi

Semperfi

Respected Gunowner

• 282 posts

Posted April 23 2017 - 12:08 AM

Http://leearmory.com

IMG_2691.jpeg

Very well made I love mine

#69 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12178 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted April 23 2017 - 12:13 AM

Http://leearmory.com

IMG_2691.jpeg

Very well made I love mine

LOL

You can get the Saiga/AK  AR PG conversion for like 8 buck from any of the usual suspects (Carolina or Missisipi Auto )

So yeah, any AKM style can be compiant with a Spur or Boar grip for a few bucks, whether it;s ergonomic is another deal altogether.

Edited by Destro, April 23 2017 - 12:14 AM.

#70 Semperfi

Semperfi

Respected Gunowner

• 282 posts

Posted April 23 2017 - 12:24 AM

LOL

You can get the Saiga/AK  AR PG conversion for like 8 buck from any of the usual suspects (Carolina or Missisipi Auto )

So yeah, any AKM style can be compiant with a Spur or Boar grip for a few bucks, whether it;s ergonomic is another deal altogether.

Incorrect it can't have a muzzle break. Compensator. Bayonet lug. Nothing. I like the way my Lee ak was made, especially with a polished bcg and it costed me 999 transferred. Why buy a junk century arms or saiga? Even if the century is 600 and you pay a gs to remove brake or put on spur. $100 extra. $700 gun and it will still jam.

maxresdefault.jpg

#71 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12178 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted April 23 2017 - 01:10 AM

Incorrect it can't have a muzzle break. Compensator. Bayonet lug. Nothing. I like the way my Lee ak was made, especially with a polished bcg and it costed me 999 transferred. Why buy a junk century arms or saiga? Even if the century is 600 and you pay a gs to remove brake or put on spur. $100 extra. $700 gun and it will still jam.

maxresdefault.jpg

Saiga sporters don't have any muzzle brakes, threaded barrels, etc. by import law thus being great for NY compliance. You're stating the obvious. You must be new. A "junk" saiga. You do realize Arsenal and many custom shops select Saigas in free states as their platforms for builds?? None of those guns will jam, newb, btw, nothing in the AKM will jam. We used to buy plain jane WARS all day long in the pre-ban days here in NY. Their finish was ugly as EFF, but one thing all the AKMs including cheap Romy WASRs would do all day long is not one FTF of FTE.

Edited by Destro, April 23 2017 - 01:11 AM.

#72 CommonSense

CommonSense

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3777 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore Nassau

Posted April 23 2017 - 04:39 AM

You can always find a norinco hunter listed on gunbroker. Milled receiver, 20" barrel, hair trigger. They are often converted to a Galil.hunter1.jpg

#73 Semperfi

Semperfi

Respected Gunowner

• 282 posts

Posted April 23 2017 - 08:33 AM

Saiga sporters don't have any muzzle brakes, threaded barrels, etc. by import law thus being great for NY compliance. You're stating the obvious. You must be new. A "junk" saiga. You do realize Arsenal and many custom shops select Saigas in free states as their platforms for builds?? None of those guns will jam, newb, btw, nothing in the AKM will jam. We used to buy plain jane WARS all day long in the pre-ban days here in NY. Their finish was ugly as EFF, but one thing all the AKMs including cheap Romy WASRs would do all day long is not one FTF of FTE.

New, that's funny I knew I would wake up to a laugh today. Century/arsenal is junk I've owned one before - us made. The real deal is made in Russia. Saiga has that disgusting hunting stock. Your missing the point here if you want to buy a ny legal ak - go Lee Arms. Nobody has aks on Long Island that they will transfer to you and let you leave with an assault rifle config.

#74 GENE GBA

GENE GBA

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLI NY

Posted September 04 2020 - 12:21 PM

If anyone can help with what is and what is not compliant as a Nassua county NY resident. Are pistal grips legal On a semi automatic AK47 Looking at this one but wanted to add a pistaal grip.  

AK47 RIFLE RAK 47 RILEY DEFENSE
rileyny-1-of-10-jpg.jpgThanks Gene GBA

#75 Strat688

Strat688

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5523 posts
  • LocationEast Setauket

Posted September 05 2020 - 09:00 AM

Attached File  IMG_20141228_092008_774.jpg   65.55KB   2 downloads

I picked up a Saiga a few years back, and put some wood furniture on it......good shooter

#76 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7902 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted September 05 2020 - 12:16 PM

If anyone can help with what is and what is not compliant as a Nassua county NY resident.  AK47 Looking at this one but wanted to add a pistaal grip.  

AK47 RIFLE RAK 47 RILEY DEFENSE

Read the statute (NY Penal Law 265) or retain an attorney for an opinion letter.   Internet advice on whats legal is dangerous. 

That being said, the rifle in the picture has a spur grip, which is likely, but not certainly legal.    AFAIK nobody from the state has ever come out and said they were illegal. 

"Are pistal grips legal On a semi automatic" ?   No, not on rifles with detachable magazines.   Is the spur grip a "pistol grip".  As I said, unlikely but who knows in this state, where judges defer to the government on almost anything vague in a gun statute. 

#77 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11191 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted September 05 2020 - 04:54 PM

Read the statute (NY Penal Law 265) or retain an attorney for an opinion letter.   Internet advice on whats legal is dangerous. 

That being said, the rifle in the picture has a spur grip, which is likely, but not certainly legal.    AFAIK nobody from the state has ever come out and said they were illegal. 

"Are pistal grips legal On a semi automatic" ?   No, not on rifles with detachable magazines.   Is the spur grip a "pistol grip".  As I said, unlikely but who knows in this state, where judges defer to the government on almost anything vague in a gun statute.

The Spur Grip AR used in the Murder at a Bronx Hospital was reported legal by the NYSP. Another self defense Spur grip AR was returned to the owner by the SCPD.
When the Safe Act came out, people claim they received different opinions when they called. The best advice is get it on Department Letterhead. Unfortunately it’s difficult to obtain that letter without the help of an attorney.

#78 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 22 2020 - 09:11 PM

I would just narrow your “online” search to featureless guns that you can have shipped to an FFL, my understanding the pistol grip makes detachable magazine an issue, you can have a detachable magazine if the stock is compliant. Definitely fact check me on that but this is my understanding. Good luck on the search

#79 david111jr

david111jr

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted September 23 2020 - 04:33 AM

If anyone can help with what is and what is not compliant as a Nassua county NY resident. Are pistal grips legal On a semi automatic AK47 Looking at this one but wanted to add a pistaal grip. AK47 RIFLE RAK 47 RILEY DEFENSE

My uncle just got one with a pistol grip and pinned compmag. I thought the compmag was gonna be a pain in the .... but not at all I got pretty chick at loading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users