Long Island Shooters Forum banner

school me on Eastern Long Island campgrounds

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Short Track Hunter 
#1 ·
Where are they , how long can you stay , rules and regulations , procedure to get in , experience , cost ?

I might rent my house next season and still need to be in the area part time .I am looking to park a motorhome .

#2 ·
Reactions: warmnfuzzyar
#7 ·
I have nothing but great things to say about them. Very family oriented place. I never experienced attitude or unfriendliness. Park is clean. Just abide by the rules and you will be fine. McCann's is down the road and might be a little cheaper if you want a seasonal place. There is also another private RV yard on the North Fork, but I cannot recall the name. I think it is Cliff's.

The only issue I had with ELIK was with the electric, it is over-volted and measures at about 129 V. I have a very sensitive breaker and it kept tripping so I had to use the less sensitive one.

#9 ·
I stay at Mccanns for July and August on a lease. Very happy there. They are a no-frills campground. Full hookups. Bathrooms with showers and that's about it. Good prices. If you use a camper call in advance. They get booked up fast. Eastern LI campground down the road is nice to but too many rules and fees. Only allow certain dogs. Charge 5 dollars per guest. They don't even allow open fires.etc. They have earned the name "the land of no" for a reason.

#11 ·
The state and county parks limit the length of stay to about a week so if you're looking to park a trailer or mobile home for the a few weeks, month or for the whole summer you'll probably be limited to private campgrounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.