Long Island Shooters Forum banner

How to siphon gas from my 2005 ford lariot pickup

8K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  davygoat2 
#1 ·
Want to use the gas to run my 10K gen. How do I circumnavigate the anti siphon system in the gas tank inexpensively?

#2 ·
I don't recommend doin that at all to be honest with you.
However, I beleive there's a in line fuel filter on the driver's side frame rail. In theory, you could crack the line loose on the filter, relieving fuel pressure, then disconnect it. After doing so, you may be able to connect a piece of rubber hose and turn on the ignition key. By doin this the fuel pump will pump the gas for you.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS, NOR AM I RESPONCIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE ANYTHING.

This was all in theory if you wanted to. I wouldn't bother. Just buy a gas can and go to a gas station.

#3 ·
The pump will only run for a few seconds if the engine is not running. In order to keep the pump running you would have to jump the fuel pump relay. It also is not an anti siphon feature. It is a check ball to prevent fuel spillage in case of roll over, the fact that it stops you from siphoning is just a by product of the check ball installed in the fuel filler tube.

#7 ·
Instead of cracking the line at the fuel filter, you "could" remove the return line to the tank, plug in a hose and START the engine... then the pump will run as long as you need.

Again - not responsible for any consequences. (NO SMOKING AROUND THIS!!!!)

#11 ·
Be VERY careful jamming a siphon hose down ANY filler neck. You could damage evaporative emission equipment(EXPENSIVE) in the filler neck that controls fumes from escaping. This can/will result in a check engine light on, and, hence, NYS inspection failure.

#13 ·
Sorry to go off topic here but does anyone know a junk/salvage shop that will be open tomorrow. I am looking for a Fuel Tank for my 1999 Chevy Blazer 4 Door LS V6 4.3L. Brought my Blazer to the mechanic today to replace a fuel pump. The gas tank itself is plastic but the ring where the fuel pump goes in the tank is made out of metal that is rusted and hence cannot be repaired. So I need a gas tank. Dealer is charging $600 for it. Looked online and I am having trouble finding one for my 4 door. All the ones online are for 2 doors which will not fit.

#15 ·
You need a real tiny hose (diameter) to get past the check valve. It's in there to help prevent the gas going back up the filler neck. If it's accessible (I don't remember) you can loosen the hose clamp where the filler neck meets the tank and pull the rubber hose off. Sometimes the valve is in the filler neck other times it's right on the inlet of the tank itself. That'll make it a lot easier to get a hose in, and if the valve is on the tank it'll be right there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.