Long Island Shooters Forum banner

saiga 12

Tags
12 saiga
1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mycher 
#1 ·
I was on you tube and saw that they have a bulletbutton for a saiga 12 .It locked the clip but a tool was required to unlock the clip. Could this be legal here? Check the video out

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Basic answer.

Is your weapon semi-automatic?
Does it have a pistol grip?
Does it have a detachable magazine?

If you answer yes to all of the above - by SAFE definition you have an assault weapon.

I am no legal scholar but it is semi, it does have a pistol grip, and a detachable mag, even one that requires a bullet button is still a detachable mag.
I can be wrong because this turd of a law is so vague but my take is illegal to buy, sell, and if you own one and didn't register it as of yesterday, illegal to possess.

#4 ·
Uht oh.... A clip fed saiga??? A Magazine lock doesnt make the magazine permanantly attached to the shotgun. So i would say NO.
Garands use "clips" saigas/AK's use Magazines.

#5 ·
Oh that is funny Formula. And what Mikey said, any semi-auto shotgun that accepts a detachable mag is now an 'assault weapon' no matter what you do to it in the slitted reptile eyes of our beloved Governor, the dishonorable Sandy Cuomo. I don't think any determination was given regarding a bullet button for just regular rifles let alone a semi-shotgun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.