Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Thumbs down for Campsite Sport Shop

thumbs down for campsite sport shop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#61 38 sup

38 sup

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 530 posts
  • Locationkings park

Posted August 27 2016 - 07:01 AM

I almost enjoy having to wait at campsite, just listening and learning about different firearms that I know little about. When I do get my turn I feel more knowledgeable.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#62 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12,143 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted August 27 2016 - 12:46 PM

For new eyes gazing on this, this was a zombie thread from years ago. Anyone's favorite store can have a bad day and statistically it will happen. The vast positive feedback for the favorite shops is what gives them their deserved reps. Campsite is awesome. That is all.
  • highdice, pipes1004, mason852 and 2 others like this

#63 winston

winston

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3,053 posts

Posted August 27 2016 - 03:06 PM

Campsite was aways good to me in fact I have avoid that shop as I usually am forced to buy something

#64 pipes1004

pipes1004

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • 66 posts

Posted August 27 2016 - 04:33 PM

I have been too every shop in long island some are good some are down right bad. You can have a bad experience no matter were you go I have been over charged, yelled at and even had a friend, I was with called a racial slur behind his back in one place (which I will never go to again in Islip hint hint ). As long as they have not crossed the line go back. Over all campsite has been the most professional and friendliest place i have every been too. I would have too call them almost family when it comes to sales and service. If you don't feel like driving that far try south shore or hunters. At south shore Mike or Stan are good guys and will help you at all costs former LE. At Hunters, Adam is aces and will also help you just stay away from the older guy in the back has the personality of a bouncing Betty (ready to jump and blow you nuts off at any wrong move ) One thing I have to say is do some research think about what you want and how much you want to spend then talk to the sales person but be nice and they will be nice back. After this i think there should be a topic for gun store etiquette.

#65 tatz45cal

tatz45cal

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1,644 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted August 28 2016 - 03:36 PM

I have to weigh in a little here. Campsite sport shop is like my home away from home everyone there treat me like a family member and we bust balls with each other exactly the way my real family do with each other, they have done nothing but treat me well since years ago when I bought my first. Handgun from them, very honest never ever seen then turn any questions no matter how long or stupid it was away and are all about setting u up correctly with anything you would need. Some might disagree so if u do please keep it to yourself and post whatever u want just don't include me in the post my opinion is my own. Paul, Jon Jonathan Shawn Doug Mike carmine and whoever else I am missing are great people and always treated me with respect and on occasion dis respect playfully and it's a great environment I love to be in. Well that's my post I'm done have a great day or waste your day bashing its your choice But way too nice outside to be here anymore. Enjoy
  • Destro likes this

#66 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12,143 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted August 28 2016 - 05:44 PM

I'm just waiting for the Campsite v. DSI softball game.... :popcorn

#67 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,553 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted August 28 2016 - 08:09 PM

Did DSI start this thread?

#68 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,335 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 28 2016 - 08:34 PM

I'm just waiting for the Campsite v. DSI softball game.... :popcorn

This can become a popular event.... LIF vs NY Firearms?

#69 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,078 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted August 28 2016 - 10:13 PM

For new eyes gazing on this, this was a zombie thread from years ago. Anyone's favorite store can have a bad day and statistically it will happen. The vast positive feedback for the favorite shops is what gives them their deserved reps. Campsite is awesome. That is all.

Yep were done here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thumbs, down, for, campsite, sport, shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users