Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Starbucks Open Carry Appreciation day!

starbucks open carry appreciation day

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Babaloo

Babaloo

Gun Guru

• 2,407 posts
  • LocationWading River

Posted August 09 2013 - 07:21 AM

Today is Starbucks Open Carry Appreciation Day!

Even in Newtown Ct.

http://www.registerc...4a412766417.txt

Freedom is a complex thing, Millions of men have died fighting for it and even more have died because of it. While every death is tragic, some more so than others , every one is worth it! Because the alternative is infinitely worse!
http://www.youtube.c...ser/Babaloo1211

#2 trapshooterbob

trapshooterbob

Gun Guru

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationBohemia, NY

Posted August 09 2013 - 07:54 AM

Makes me glad I got my trenta iced coffee with 5 pumps of hazelnut, two splendas and half and half this morning.
Bob Romans 5:8

#3 Ramone

Ramone

You Are the Resistance.

• 3,494 posts
  • LocationTidewater VA

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:09 AM

as NYS does not allow OC, you can show your support by wearing some sort of Gun related tee shirt or other clothing, and/or paying with a Two Dollar Bill (available from your bank- legal tender).
There is nothing wrong with owning a pistol that is not a model of 1911 in .45 ACP.
Owning two pistols, neither of which is a Model of 1911 in .45 ACP is just WRONG.

Posted Image

#4 Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Glock Gun Owner

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 7,219 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:12 AM

Posted Image

#5 Captain Will

Captain Will

Gun Guru

• 15,643 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostRamone, on August 09 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

as NYS does not allow OC, you can show your support by wearing some sort of Gun related tee shirt or other clothing, and/or paying with a Two Dollar Bill (available from your bank- legal tender).

LOL- but you need like, four of them to get a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

“I think you have a perfect right to buy weapons and keep them for protection or for sport....You can read it to say they only talked about militias pr you can read it to say they wanted guns in your pocket. I don’t know, that’s up to you.”  -  Mayor Michael Bloomberg

#6 Ramone

Ramone

You Are the Resistance.

• 3,494 posts
  • LocationTidewater VA

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:17 AM

ARRGH!

I hate that myth.

In most areas, a 20 oz cup of coffee at Starbucks costs about US$0.20 more than 7/11 or the like. Really, not over priced at all IMO
There is nothing wrong with owning a pistol that is not a model of 1911 in .45 ACP.
Owning two pistols, neither of which is a Model of 1911 in .45 ACP is just WRONG.

Posted Image

#7 Sheeple

Sheeple

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 6,968 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:33 AM

Awesome.  I'll let the coffee drinkers know.

“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

#8 trapshooterbob

trapshooterbob

Gun Guru

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationBohemia, NY

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostCaptain Will, on August 09 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

LOL- but you need like, four of them to get a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

They don't call it "Fivebucks" for nothing!

#9 bio2431

bio2431

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 830 posts
  • LocationWestern Nassau

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostRamone, on August 09 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

ARRGH!

I hate that myth.

In most areas, a 20 oz cup of coffee at Starbucks costs about US$0.20 more than 7/11 or the like. Really, not over priced at all IMO

yeah, people compare a venti mocha latte with soy and an extra shot to a regular cup of coffee from dunkin or 7-11.  if you just look at a large cup of brewed coffee its not much different.  the only problem is, it so damn tempting to get the good stuff when you walk in.

Molon Labe

#10 Joeydiver

Joeydiver

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:45 AM

I just went to the bank, got a fistful of 2 dollar bills and went to Starbucks.
THEY HAVE A 12oz Coffee for $1.75, you don't have to go nuts...
Handed the clerk my 2 dolla bills, I said "I bet you don't see alotta those bills".
She laughed, I told her why I'm paying in 2 dollar bills, and she said "Neat!"

#11 Lemming

Lemming

Gun guru (poseur)

• 5,403 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for the reminder.
--Team Steve

#12 Captain Will

Captain Will

Gun Guru

• 15,643 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostRamone, on August 09 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

ARRGH!

I hate that myth.

OK- I will admit that I have only been to s Starbucks two or three times. For one thing, I don't like to make a lot of complicated decisions in the morning before I have my coffee. And apparently it's frowned upon to say "Can I just get a cup of coffee without any weird crap in it?

Second thing is- why do they call the kid with the zits and an eyebrow piercing a "Barrista"? WTF is up with that? That's like going into my corner liquor store and calling the guy who works there a "Sommolier"- it's hard to beat that on the pretentiousness scale. It's coffee for Pete's sake!
“I think you have a perfect right to buy weapons and keep them for protection or for sport....You can read it to say they only talked about militias pr you can read it to say they wanted guns in your pocket. I don’t know, that’s up to you.”  -  Mayor Michael Bloomberg

#13 ahesse1488

ahesse1488

_ _ _ _!

• Donated Member
  • 4,267 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted August 09 2013 - 09:26 AM

i like plain black coffee. That means i need it to have flavor without anything in it, which means i need a nice bold coffee. starbucks has bold, dunkin does not. Guns and dark coffee for the win. In this day and age I will support anyone and anything that supports 2A rights. even if i pay 20 cents more per cup of joe.

only thing that sucks about starbucks is theyre so slow from all the people ordering fancy stuff.

Edited by ahesse1488, August 09 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#14 IlDuce

IlDuce

III%

• 1,564 posts
  • LocationPort Jefferson Station, NY/ Tampa, FL

Posted August 09 2013 - 09:33 AM

According to a statment starbucks madefor the states that dont allow open carry.. You are prohibited to do so in their establishment..

http://www.thetrutha...ucks-on-feb-14/

"At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don’t exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited."

btw im going to the bank right now for $2 bills
Steve

#15 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,072 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted August 09 2013 - 09:33 AM

Got my large black decaf ($2.12) and because the decaf was still brewing and it took a minute they gave me a coupon for a free cup at any Starbucks...works for me.
I'm from the government, I'm here to help you.  :)
Navy vet
Oh, I'm Tom

#16 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,319 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostCaptain Will, on August 09 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

OK- I will admit that I have only been to s Starbucks two or three times. For one thing, I don't like to make a lot of complicated decisions in the morning before I have my coffee. And apparently it's frowned upon to say "Can I just get a cup of coffee without any weird crap in it?

Second thing is- why do they call the kid with the zits and an eyebrow piercing a "Barrista"? WTF is up with that? That's like going into my corner liquor store and calling the guy who works there a "Sommolier"- it's hard to beat that on the pretentiousness scale. It's coffee for Pete's sake!

I guess you didn't notice that the kid with zits that made your coffee at Starbucks was an American

#17 trapshooterbob

trapshooterbob

Gun Guru

• 2,032 posts
  • LocationBohemia, NY

Posted August 09 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postahesse1488, on August 09 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

i like plain black coffee. That means i need it to have flavor without anything in it, which means i need a nice bold coffee. starbucks has bold, dunkin does not. Guns and dark coffee for the win. In this day and age I will support anyone and anything that supports 2A rights. even if i pay 20 cents more per cup of joe.

only thing that sucks about starbucks is theyre so slow from all the people ordering fancy stuff.

It's why I go. I want coffee that tastes like coffee. To me, they are the best.

The Starbucks in Bohemia is THE BEST! They are one of the busiest, but you are in and out pretty quick there. Besides, isn't that what they make Smartphones for? Keeping us occupied while we wait on line, right?

#18 Joeydiver

Joeydiver

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 09 2013 - 01:23 PM

Seems to have made the Wall Street Journal today. Not the whole article, Im not a subscriber, but youll get the gist:
http://blogs.wsj.com...e/?mod=yahoo_hs

#19 CJ

CJ

Tired of it all

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,143 posts
  • LocationGone

Posted August 09 2013 - 01:30 PM

Why $2 dollar bills?
"Chasing dreams and racing Father Time"

#20 li02liberty

li02liberty

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationMoriches, New York

Posted August 09 2013 - 01:40 PM

Starbucks coffee is cheaper than the coffe I get at the Hess by me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: starbucks, open, carry, appreciation, day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users