Long Island Shooters Forum banner

gun cabinet key

Tags
cabinet gun key
4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Yaphank Kid 
#1 ·
Just picked up a solid gun cabinet at a garage sale. Lady doesn't have the key. It has 2 locks on it. I can take the locks off but where can I get new keys/locks?

#8 ·
Man, you and these garage sale deals. Cool score.
Lemme guess.... You got it for $5 bucks.?
Every time I stop at one of those things I never find anything firearms related.

Take the locks with you when you go to the lock shop.
Most of those types of locks are very easy to re-key, and it will cost you a lot less then buying new locks.

These are the guys that donated the safe for the LIF raffle.

Suffolk County Locksmiths

Two locations:

944 Montauk Highway Shirley NY 11967
(Next to Friendly's)
Phone: (631) 395-LOCK
(631) 395-5625
Mon-Fri 9-5:30, Sat- 10-4, Sun- CLOSED

----------------------------------------------

4629 Sunrise Highway Bohemia NY 11716
(Next to AID Auto Stores)
Phone: (631) 567-LOCK
(631) 567-5625
Mon-Fri 9-5:30, Sat- 10-4, Sun- CLOSED

www.suffolklocksmith.com/

#11 ·
You can write down the number on the outside of the cylinder and any decent locksmith can cut you a key off the code. I had a few file cabinets done by different locksmiths. The price should be around $7-8.00 per lock. But one guy actually quoted me $35.00. Needless to say, I don't stop in his shop anymore.

Reactions: heartlessmcfly
#15 ·
Here she is. She has a little bit of rust but in great shape. Sadly, I didn't pay $5.00. I got it for $15.00.
. Bought it up in Huntington bay today. Seems like I always find something firearms related and that's why I go. Good finds out there. The lock says:

HMC 17042. Ace II

Attachments

#17 ·
I have the same one, One lock broke, so I put three hasps on the cabimet and secure it with three pad locks, all keyed the same..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.