Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Sons of guns

sons of guns

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Yoshinkan

Yoshinkan

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,431 posts
  • LocationNassau County, NY

Posted March 25 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostDestro, on March 25 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

It's a scripted Soap Opera more than a gun show. That's what Discovery wants. Will doesn't even have an FFL anymore.
I got sick when they did the love angle with Goober dating Snaggletooth. All scripted. Too bad cause if they focused on the gunsmithing more it could be something real. Will used to post on the Saiga forums and he's a bit of a butt.

The show used to be better but became a joke and it looks like Discovery is going more Soap Opera with it. There are still plenty of better gun shows out there. Heck, the entire Outdoor Channel and it's midway shows is awesome.

Posted Image
  Just thinking a resemblance?

Posted Image
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."   Friedrich Schiller 1759-1805

#22 GUNSBEERBACON

GUNSBEERBACON

Sheepdog

• Donated Member
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationFort Lindenhurst

Posted March 25 2013 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

#23 Krispy

Krispy

Respected Gunowner

• 185 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, NY

Posted March 26 2013 - 06:44 AM

I enjoyed SoG as much as anyone could with all of the useless drama. The guns are cool but that's about it. I'm glad to see it back because I don't get the Outdoor channel so my gun related television is lacking.

#24 golfmech

golfmech

NEVER FORGIVE NEVER FORGET

• 1,911 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:08 AM

Like the guns hate the people, and as far as gunsmith work, there was definitely some hack work at times. Not sure if I owned either shop I would have let some of that stuff get aired.

#25 T.Webb

T.Webb

Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.

• 11,829 posts
  • LocationS.W. Suffolk; Stephentown, NY

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostJro45-70, on March 25 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

never seen/heard of it but that sounds like my kind of show. I'll have to keep an eye out. I love my marlin 1895g and have become fond of the lever action. 45-70 is just a fun caliber.

Do a google search of Wild West Guns. The store, not the show. They rebuild a .45-70 into a takedown model and rechamber it to accept the .45-70, .450 Marlin, and the .450 Alaskan. Add a 1 1/2-5 power Scout style forward mounted scope and you have the ultimate Alaskan survival rifle. And it fits into a 18 or 20" takedown case. Perfect for under the seat of any Alaskan bush plane.
My mind is like a steel trap ... Rusty and Illegal in 34 states.

We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

May God Bless the USA, and our troops!

#26 Mike the Marine

Mike the Marine

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 905 posts
  • LocationRock Point

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:24 AM

Looking forward to the show coming back on

Attached Thumbnails

• 32741896.jpg

Posted Image
Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
Certified NRA Shotgun Instructor
Certified NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA RSO
UTAH CCW Permitt Holder

#27 ceesman762

ceesman762

Gun Guru

• 1,739 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:30 AM

Looking forward to it!
"Laws are like locks, they are made to keep honest people honest"  My Dad, a Cop who walked the beat, 40th precinct, South Bronx.

#28 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 7,705 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:41 AM

Lame or not, everyone should set their cable/satellite/fios boxes to autotune the show (they do show them again after midnight - so you actually need to watch...)    Just to bring up the viewer numbers...  That would encourage them to produce more shows... which of course helps to charge the perception of gun owners. (hopefully positively)
Pete

"It ain't the guns stupid - It's the CRIMINALS!"

"Never try to teach a pig how to sing...it just wastes your time - and annoys the pig." - Robert Anson Heinlein

Prayer for obama - Psalm 109:8 ~ "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

Mom, 20 Sept. 1944 - 22 Sept 2010 RIP

#29 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 2,722 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostDestro, on March 25 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

It's a scripted Soap Opera more than a gun show. That's what Discovery wants. Will doesn't even have an FFL anymore.
I got sick when they did the love angle with Goober dating Snaggletooth. All scripted. Too bad cause if they focused on the gunsmithing more it could be something real. Will used to post on the Saiga forums and he's a bit of a butt.

The show used to be better but became a joke and it looks like Discovery is going more Soap Opera with it. There are still plenty of better gun shows out there. Heck, the entire Outdoor Channel and it's midway shows is awesome.

Posted Image
Wow she got load eye!
NRA INSTRUCTOR

#30 golfmech

golfmech

NEVER FORGIVE NEVER FORGET

• 1,911 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:55 AM

View Postboosti, on March 26 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Wow she got load eye!
lmao

#31 Sgt Squid

Sgt Squid

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHolbrook

Posted March 26 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostDestro, on March 25 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Sounds like an awesome journey that I fully support. Do me a favor. When you get around to doing that, make sure in your last moments you wave to this guy while you're skating along...or you can jump in your time machine if you're going to the Soviet Union.:P
Posted Image
Is that an Obama decal on the tailwing?
-Dan-

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."-- Thomas Jefferson

#32 COLLECTINGHEADS

COLLECTINGHEADS

Sharp Shooter!

• 339 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostT.Webb, on March 26 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Do a google search of Wild West Guns. The store, not the show. They rebuild a .45-70 into a takedown model and rechamber it to accept the .45-70, .450 Marlin, and the .450 Alaskan. Add a 1 1/2-5 power Scout style forward mounted scope and you have the ultimate Alaskan survival rifle. And it fits into a 18 or 20" takedown case. Perfect for under the seat of any Alaskan bush plane.
Wild west guns is actually really good.  Pfred looks like a slowed up version of Paris Hilton, which I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

#33 Torque77

Torque77

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSound Beach

Posted March 26 2013 - 09:17 AM

I hope Top Shot comes back. In the meanwhile, I'll stick to 3 Gun Nation. Thankfully Sportsman channel picked it up after those sheep at NBC Sports dropped it.
jhenke77

#34 Jk20a3

Jk20a3

Sharp Shooter!

• 489 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 09:20 AM

Top shot was by far my fav. But wild west guns is a good one too, the girl Phred is actually really cute imo.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#35 Adirondack state of mind

Adirondack state of mind

Gun Guru

• 578 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:08 AM

Wild West Alaska on Animal Planet is on demand for those with Cablevision (look for it under the Science and Nature selection). I plan on visiting there store/shop when I am in and around Alaska again later this year. Might be getting a S&W 44 mag Backpacker...an N frame, with a 3 inch ported barrel, for my go to sidearm while in Alaska.

Edited by Adirondack state of mind, March 26 2013 - 12:23 PM.

The Mountains are Calling and I must Go.
                                                                       -- John Muir 1838 - 1914

#36 heartlessmcfly

heartlessmcfly

Avoiding the ban hammer!

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 14,193 posts
  • Locationhuntington, ny

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:22 AM

I miss Paige Wyatt.... :(
Should've bought a glock...

Paté - "NP. Like most things involving you and LIF, you were banned from chat. Classic..."

#37 J22LR1der

J22LR1der

Team Kalashnikov

• 1,482 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:57 AM

I always thought they were pulled So they couldn't voice their opinion on national TV about the whole trampling on the 2a Agenda.

+3 for TopShot.
“Our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes.” Pres. Obama

#38 koolkat

koolkat

Banned User

• 2,435 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 12:01 PM

My favorite gun show.
http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45

#39 Chief Brody

Chief Brody

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 692 posts
  • LocationLI born and Raised, now in Fairfield, CT

Posted March 26 2013 - 12:13 PM

Nothing beats Hickok45.
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.
NRA member.

#40 357Guy

357Guy

Support Guide Dog Foundation

• Donated Member
  • 1,985 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 12:26 PM

Looking forward to the return of "Son's of Guns"....really enjoyed the episode featuring Chris Kyle.  RIP Hero!

Edited by 357Guy, March 26 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Age - As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth
NRA Member
SASI Member
USCG Vet

"Trust but verify"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sons, of, guns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users