Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Nassau County

nassau county

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 E5USMC

E5USMC

Sharp Shooter!

• 390 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted March 08 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm now putting pressure on Nassau County Level Politicians.

I wrote my county rep and got a dance around, blow me off response as  if it's not his problem.  It sure will be come election time.

I'm conveying to those at the county level that they are now in the same boat as a State Rep who voted for the NY Safe Act.  Either publicly denounce and reject this law or you are a Pinko RINO.  Goes for the Dems as well.

http://www.nassaucou...egis/index.html

Part of the letter to Richard Nicolello:

"Not to get into the pros and cons of the Safe Act Law, and the very undemocratic process that took place to pass it, I want to express my concern about the upcoming backlash the Republican Party will experience in the next election(s).

Many Long Island State Republican Senators and Assembly Members voted to pass this law and as a result have lost a huge voting block of support.  

I’m currently organizing and working with Long Islanders and others throughout the state to vote against the republicans who voted yes to the NY Safe Act; however this may actually give the democrats exactly what they want.
We will not support any candidate who does not openly protest and reject this law.  My State Senator Martins and Assemblyman Ra have both lost enough support to put their next election in a very questionable state.

What will you and your constituents do to gain the confidence of those now seeking to support only representatives that will put political posturing aside, and not infringe on law abiding citizens’ rights?"

His lame response:

"As you can imagine, our hands are full at the county with the budget issues that continue to grip the county. We do not get involved in issues outside of our jurisdiction. As a matter of facts, our rules prevent the consideration of sense of the legislature resolutions.

Since this is my governmental email, I will not comment on your choice of who you and your associates will vote for"

P.S.  I say hit them in every direction, FB pages, their webpage, etc..

Edited by E5USMC, March 08 2013 - 12:40 PM.

I don't always wear a Tin-Foil Hat, but when I do I prefer Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil. Do your research my friends.

#2 E5USMC

E5USMC

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 390 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted March 12 2013 - 05:32 PM

Here's a good link to find out how well your State Senator and Assembly Member (along with others) did  on their last election:    http://www.elections...ionResults.html

Many who voted to infringe your rights didn't win by much and they know it.

Keep the  pressure on these political worms and make them sweat each day till election day
I don't always wear a Tin-Foil Hat, but when I do I prefer Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil. Do your research my friends.

#3 SOUTHSHOREROB

SOUTHSHOREROB

Primal

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,408 posts
  • LocationSOUTH FARMINGDALE NY

Posted March 12 2013 - 05:51 PM

To those that don't partake in the gun culture I think this will fall on deaf ears, to truly make an impact you must go to the men who make the policy - Joesph Mondello , James Pickens , they tell the rank and file how to vote and everything else ya gonna talk to them might as well talk to the head and not the toe.
What do I do for a living ? I live for a living !  - Eustace Conway

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nassau, county

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users