Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Has anyone registered their so called "assault weapons"...?

has anyone registered their so called assault weapons

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 2hotrotts

2hotrotts

Resident Ball Buster

• 4,963 posts
  • LocationMassapequa Park

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postpgm888, on March 06 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

my wife is an assault weapon. do i have to register her?
LMAO
"The emotional scars of hobo rape eventually fade......but being labeled a Glock fan is a wound that never heals"
FIF...I plead the Fizzifth

#62 WWCDLINY

WWCDLINY

Sharp Shooter!

• 382 posts
  • LocationDeer Park

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:00 PM

Caulk gun. Staple gun. Air gun. Blow gun. Register everything.  Go to library.  Register guns for gloomy and coma. Have fun with it.

Hope I didn't just ban myself.
What Would Conan Do, stuck in Long Island New York?

#63 Walker1847

Walker1847

Walker1847

• Club LIF Member
  • 8,227 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, NY

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:13 PM

Just a guess, but I bet all "assault weapons"  in NY will have been sold to out of state buyers by the time the registration deadline arrives. I don't think there will be any left to register in NY......
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
---Thomas Jefferson

"Gun Control is a job-safety program for criminals"
--- John Lott

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves”.
--- William Pitt, 1783

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
--- R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Force Veteran
Club LIF
NRA Member

#64 wreckhog

wreckhog

Banned

• Banned
  • 8,963 posts
  • LocationMcDonalds

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:26 PM

Plan is to register them under a pet turtle, dont those live over 100 years?

#65 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 7,731 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:27 PM

According to the SAFE act website a registration form should be around by this April.
You can always move them out of state (by sale or residence) by January 15, 2014 (in a chance that the law will at one point change).
The way they make it sound is that it's a very basic form with no inspection of said gun (...at this point). It does sound suspiciously simple. The entire process and practicality of it should be a cluster$^&*, and of course is voluntary. The implications of registration and what can happen to registered firearms with subsequent laws is also a valid concern.

Q: I have an assault weapon. Do I have to give it up?

A: No. If you have an assault weapon, you can register it with the State Police. You have until April 15, 2014 to register your weapon. A form will be made available on this website no later than April 15, 2013. Under state and federal law, some people are not allowed to possess a weapon, such as convicted felons, individuals who have been involuntarily committed, or individuals currently under an order of protection. These people will not be able to register. There is no fee for registering.

http://www.governor....gun-reforms-faq

View Postpeteinsuffolk, on December 26 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

i will erase the entire forum database before I ban destro.. way too entertaining.  Worst case scenario we have to install an interlock on his keyboard...

#66 BIGROB

BIGROB

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2,011 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:33 PM

I dont own amy asault weapons, they are illegal.
SUNY Maritime College, 1/C.

#67 Bender

Bender

Gun Guru

• 952 posts
  • LocationNewyorkistan

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:51 PM

Assault weapons are scary, they can shoot down planes and blow up trains.  I don't think any of the good citizens on this site would ever own one.

#68 Ayarza22

Ayarza22

Respected Gunowner

• 125 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:33 AM

I kind of wish someone would register just to tell us what happened. On the other hand it will be pretty friggin funny if not 1 person registers by April 14yh
In my mags I keep 1 round of forgiveness on top, underneath is hollowpoints

#69 ahesse1488

ahesse1488

_ _ _ _!

• Donated Member
  • 4,269 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted October 31 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostClaat, on March 06 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Quite honestly, I grow tired of the people on the forum that bicker over what "assault weapon" means.  Wake up.  The law is not basing it's criteria on that which any one of us thinks it is or should be.  The law is based on what they define the law to be.  It is not an opinion.  It is what is written and signed into law at this moment.

go...away...

#70 Gort

Gort

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,167 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 12:07 PM

Register those shoulder things that go up. They'll put yer eye out.

Posted Image
Against stupidity even gods struggle in vain

#71 Pat M

Pat M

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,584 posts
  • LocationBay Shore

Posted October 31 2013 - 12:54 PM

Gort, what exactly is that shoulder thing that goes up on the M1A?  When I owned one, I never figured out its purpose.

#72 Interlude

Interlude

The Bacon of Truth

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,112 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostPat M, on October 31 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Gort, what exactly is that shoulder thing that goes up on the M1A?  When I owned one, I never figured out its purpose.
It's so you can stab toddlers at the same time you're shooting.

#73 Capnmorg1

Capnmorg1

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFarmingdale, Nassau County

Posted October 31 2013 - 01:15 PM

I had an ex throw a toaster at me once... it was considered an assault... therefore my toaster will be registered as an assault weapon...
I wonder where the serial number is?

also I have another device that I use to batter my wife with and should be registered but it has no serial number... how do I register it?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
NYS Funeral Director Resident
Utah CCW : 07/11/2013 / NYS CCW : 08/06/2013 / Florida CCW : 08/08/2014 / PA?

#74 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 895 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostanimalMOTHER, on March 06 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

and again, I have no idea what an assault weapon is... I bought a Rock River Arms NYS compliant LAR-15 ATH modern sporting rifle... but to anyone else not on these forums I evidently own an "assault weapon"

If you have the optional Lollipop Lug mounted on the front, the AR-15 is actually classified as a mass-murdering baby killer, and merely touching it will bring on stage 3 diabetes.

#75 frankb

frankb

Sharp Shooter!

• 453 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 01:25 PM

I spoke with a friend who told me he has registered his rifles. I was quite surprised considering his "under the radar" lifestyle. I shall ask him about the process.

#76 Sheeple

Sheeple

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 7,026 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted October 31 2013 - 01:30 PM

I know people that have done it.  You get an e-mail confirming and that's it.

I don't own any assault weapons, high capacity ammunition feeding device magazine clips, AR-15 shotguns, or a shoulder thing that goes up, so I think I'm safe.

“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

#77 pursuit22

pursuit22

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,801 posts
  • LocationSing Sing, Ossining, NY

Posted October 31 2013 - 01:35 PM

I am not sure if I own one.  I asked Representative McCarthy what a barrel shroud is and I am still waiting to hear her response.

#78 Gort

Gort

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,167 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostPat M, on October 31 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Its a barrel shroud. That's where you load the high capacity heat seeking bullets that cooks bambi's mother, kittens or puppies upon impact.
Against stupidity even gods struggle in vain

#79 Swstock

Swstock

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,120 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 02:27 PM

If my mags are from the 60s, they're antique right?  They dont have a manufacturer date on them   wtf

#80 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• 778 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted October 31 2013 - 03:25 PM

If you register your rifle, you can then be fairly certain it will one day be confiscated. I DONT TRUST THESE LYING POS
  JMHO,
      TJ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: has, anyone, registered, their, so, called, assault, weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users