Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Captain sinks boat fighting a Marlin

captain sinks boat fighting marlin

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 PandM

PandM

Decidedly Untactical

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,606 posts
  • LocationRight here

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:57 PM

Nice going there Lou.

Captain lost control of his boat while backing down and maneuvering on a Black Marlin off the coast of Panama. The boat sank but the crew was rescued by the photo boat.

http://dailypicksand...icture-gallery/

Click the link for photos.
Going, going, gone..................
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

H.L. Mencken

#2 heartlessmcfly

heartlessmcfly

Avoiding the ban hammer!

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 13,586 posts
  • Locationhuntington, ny

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:59 PM

Boat owner bill sunk his boat!?!?
Should've bought a glock...

Paté - "NP. Like most things involving you and LIF, you were banned from chat. Classic..."

#3 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 4,749 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 04:59 PM

I lol'd
"When Western civilization melts down, I want an AK-47" - Richard Venola

"If he was trying to rob somebody's house, why didn't he have a gun to fight back?" - Sherry Morant

"If you have a semiautomatic and can't take someone down with a standard clip, you shouldn't have one." - Carolyn McCarthy (R-NY D-Mineola)

Bloomberg said discussions of mental health and school programs were "just ways to avoid the issue." when speaking of the tragedy in CT

"You gotta ask me nicely!"

#4 FULL METAL JACKET

FULL METAL JACKET

Anti Liberal

• Club LIF Member
  • 20,588 posts
  • LocationWithin the III%

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:01 PM

Sometimes the fish wins!!!

Glad all are safe

#5 Tonto

Tonto

Play Poker? No, I don't bluff.

• Club LIF Member
  • 9,232 posts
  • LocationMember: O.W.C.A.

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:02 PM

WTF?  How does a fish sink a boat?
"Practicing forgiveness does not mean accepting wrong doing" ~ The 14th Dalai Lama
Member: O.W.C.A.   Perry The Platypus Fan Club   Sponsored by: Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. ~ Stephen Hawking

#6 Petie

Petie

Old Guys Rule

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,168 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:04 PM

I guess he wanted a new boat. Not a bad idea.
http://seethroughny.net/   Check out just how much your getting robbed.

Move out of NY before its too late.

#7 Petie

Petie

Old Guys Rule

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,168 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostTonto, on January 30 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

They <he> kept backing down <reverse> to get line in faster and keep the fish on the surface and the wash kept coming into the cockpit faster than it could drain.

#8 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 12,508 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostTonto, on January 30 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

It happens more often than you think

View PostPetie, on January 30 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

They <he> kept backing down <reverse> to get line in faster and keep the fish on the surface and the wash kept coming into the cockpit faster than it could drain.

It happens. If you're going to do that your boat should be buttoned up. Stood in waist deep water more times than I can remember, boat would (almost) always come back up.
NRA Ring of Freedom Member, SAFE Board Member, NRA Training Counselor, CRSO, Infidel, General PIA     Take a young person shooting, take 2 or more if you can...I am not a lawyer, nor did I stay in a specific Hotel chain last night. All comments to be taken as such
You cannot legislate violence out of existence. Restrictive gun control laws only benefit vote seeking politicians and criminals.

#9 Edward_Blake

Edward_Blake

The Artist formally known as AR_Guy

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,954 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:19 PM

POPULAR

Stop laughing. My rifles were on that boat.
"To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]

Handy little carbine. The M44 is a combination flash bang grenade, flame thrower, rifle, and spear all in one.

#10 Kimber Carry

Kimber Carry

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,357 posts
  • LocationBehind You!

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:20 PM

I think they need a bigger boat!

#11 Captain Will

Captain Will

Gun Guru

• 16,085 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:21 PM

Very real risk when backing against a following sea, and try to turn at that point and whatever water you've taken on shifts and changes the boat's roll center and next thing ya know, capsize time.

Plus if your scuppers have only rear drain, whether flaps or open, sea pressure will render them useless.. Shoulda dropped the fish, boat's worth more. Especialy if you are gonna have to swim back to port.

Skipper won't repeat that mistake, I'm sure... but believe me, dumber actions have taken place on the water. Especially when you add in alcohol and holiday weekends.
“I think you have a perfect right to buy weapons and keep them for protection or for sport....You can read it to say they only talked about militias pr you can read it to say they wanted guns in your pocket. I don’t know, that’s up to you.”  -  Mayor Michael Bloomberg

#12 BeRzErKaS

BeRzErKaS

Respected Gunowner

• 156 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:27 PM

Knew I shouldn't have let that guy borrow all my guns...!!
NRA, NYSRPA

#13 Petie

Petie

Old Guys Rule

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,168 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostNRATC53, on January 30 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

It happens more often than you think

It happens. If you're going to do that your boat should be buttoned up. Stood in waist deep water more times than I can remember, boat would (almost) always come back up.

Waist deep? LMAO You mean you may have been surf fishing in waist deep water.

#14 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 12,508 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostPetie, on January 30 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

No, I mean waist deep. Boat was 110' long and in seas that would try most folks stomachs. I have surf fished in water up to my neck
NRA Ring of Freedom Member, SAFE Board Member, NRA Training Counselor, CRSO, Infidel, General PIA     Take a young person shooting, take 2 or more if you can...I am not a lawyer, nor did I stay in a specific Hotel chain last night. All comments to be taken as such
You cannot legislate violence out of existence. Restrictive gun control laws only benefit vote seeking politicians and criminals.

#15 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 12,508 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:54 PM

Waves breaking over my head, you tuck your head in and put your back to it

#16 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 12,508 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hell Barfly and I used to go on the cod boats and it could be almost that deep at the rail sometimes when she rolled, and that was a head boat and we weren't even that far out...

#17 J22LR1der

J22LR1der

Team Kalashnikov

• 1,482 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:01 PM

So Did he Snag the Fish or what?
“Our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes.” Pres. Obama

#18 Petie

Petie

Old Guys Rule

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,168 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:02 PM

I have been fishing offshore for 40 years. I gave it up 2 years ago after I was airlifted by the CG 110 miles off shore along the east wall of the Hudson at 8 AM.

We need pictures for the real story.

#19 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 12,508 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:04 PM

and until you have a clue about me, I would hold off on such an assumption

#20 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 12,508 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostPetie, on January 30 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

I have been fishing offshore for 40 years. I gave it up 2 years ago after I was airlifted by the CG 110 miles off shore along the east wall of the Hudson at 8 AM.

We need pictures for the real story.

Yup, I pick on the puddle pirates but they have my utmost respect. I fished on and off for various guys, some in my family still do.My cousin was lost off Cape May a while ago, his brother still fishes down in N C

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: captain, sinks, boat, fighting, marlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users