Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

How to become a Donated Member of Long Island Firearms

how to become donated member of long island firearms

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 LIF

LIF

Official LIF Poster

• Administrators
  • 4,263 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hello and welcome to Long Island Firearms™. We have structured the website and status of membership. We would like to say thank you for all who have contributed in the past and in the future. Moderators and Administrators have worked hard on this and we all concur the following changes:

Keep in mind there is NEVER a fee to browse and view the forum as well as use our amazing buy/sell area. For those of you who understand the costs involved the following rules apply for additional levels. However, we have a donated membership that helps offset the costs to run this community.

Level: Donated Member

$20 per year (12 months based on when you Donate, not 'calendar year') Each member who becomes donated receives the following:
  • Your status changed to "Donated Member" under your screen name
  • Upgraded to 50 PMs allowed
  • LIVE Chat
  • Long Island Firearms™ official color bumper sticker mailed to you
  • Access to the Donated areas which include special access to the forum: (Political talk, Un-Official meetups, Ammo Alerts, special donated members only giveaways and morel
  • What better way to support your local community/forum

Please visit this link to become donated:

http://www.longislan...om/forum/store/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 the_pc_king

the_pc_king

Respected Gunowner

• 171 posts
  • LocationWest Babylon, NY

Posted March 08 2013 - 11:03 PM

Does this membership give you access to the CMP?

If not, is there a membership that does? They have some great deals on M1 Garand's...

#3 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38,956 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 11:08 PM

No....only club members qualify for CMP membership.

#4 Camo

Camo

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 892 posts

Posted May 20 2015 - 06:31 PM

Trying to donate and I believe the link is not working, Thanks camo

#5 1911man

1911man

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLevittown

Posted May 30 2015 - 06:44 PM

Tried to renew three times, it all worked until the last submit button, then nothing

#6 tron4734

tron4734

Respected Gunowner

• 155 posts
  • LocationCoram

Posted May 30 2015 - 06:47 PM

I wasn't able to renew from the membership tab on the site, it told me i had a pending invoice and it let me put in my CC info but wouldn't let me submit. I tried a few times on my phone and it didn't work but I tried on my desktop at work and it went through.

#7 jerrypoller

jerrypoller

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 144 posts

Posted January 06 2016 - 06:44 PM

Hello and welcome to Long Island Firearms™. We have structured the website and status of membership. We would like to say thank you for all who have contributed in the past and in the future. Moderators and Administrators have worked hard on this and we all concur the following changes:

Keep in mind there is NEVER a fee to browse and view the forum as well as use our amazing buy/sell area. For those of you who understand the costs involved the following rules apply for additional levels. However, we have a donated membership that helps offset the costs to run this community.

Level: Donated Member

$20 per year (12 months based on when you Donate, not 'calendar year') Each member who becomes donated receives the following:
  • Your status changed to "Donated Member" under your screen name
  • Upgraded to 50 PMs allowed
  • LIVE Chat
  • Long Island Firearms™ official color bumper sticker mailed to you
  • Access to the Donated areas which include special access to the forum: (Political talk, Un-Official meetups, Ammo Alerts, special donated members only giveaways and morel
  • What better way to support your local community/forum

Please visit this link to become donated:

http://www.longislan...om/forum/store/

Hi, I am a previous donated member. When I tried to donate today, I got the donate/club page with no option to donate or join. I have some reloading components I would like to give away since I got them by mistake and the vendor does not want them back. Please advise how to donate and access the buy/sell/trade section. Thanks.
  • FourRules likes this

#8 malakaguy

malakaguy

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 8,117 posts

Posted January 06 2016 - 06:53 PM

Hi, I am a previous donated member. When I tried to donate today, I got the donate/club page with no option to donate or join. I have some reloading components I would like to give away since I got them by mistake and the vendor does not want them back. Please advise how to donate and access the buy/sell/trade section. Thanks.

You're donated, click the classifieds tab and list the items by creating a new ad

#9 Mikey224

Mikey224

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHolbrook, NY

Posted January 10 2017 - 11:17 AM

I am having some trouble accessing the link to renew my Donated membership. I would like to view/post in the classified section. Is there a glitch can we get it up & running??

#10 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,603 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted January 10 2017 - 11:22 AM

Feelin' nostalgic?

#11 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,503 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted January 10 2017 - 12:31 PM

Ok the new owners are work on a few thing regarding club and donate. When they square thing away they will let me know whats what and then it be rolled out to the forum if you where a donate or club member everything shoul stay the same till the new thing is started/introduced. It you have a issue till then pm me ill see what can be done.

#12 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,028 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted January 10 2017 - 12:33 PM

I am having some trouble accessing the link to renew my Donated membership. I would like to view/post in the classified section. Is there a glitch can we get it up & running??

I still have a bunch of lifetime memberships to video.stores from back in the '80s. Wanna buy 'em?

• Tonto likes this

#13 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 6,752 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 10 2017 - 12:39 PM

I still have a bunch of lifetime memberships to video.stores from back in the '80s. Wanna buy 'em?

The Glock giveaway still available with the monthly LIF range night?
  • BLAMMO and Tonto like this

#14 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 9,503 posts

Posted January 10 2017 - 12:47 PM

Ok the new owners are work on a few thing regarding club and donate. When they square thing away they will let me know whats what and then it be rolled out to the forum if you where a donate or club member everything shoul stay the same till the new thing is started/introduced. It you have a issue till then pm me ill see what can be done.

#15 P Martin

P Martin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted January 10 2017 - 01:42 PM

Do they come with window stickers and a membership card?

• Tonto likes this

#16 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 6,752 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 10 2017 - 01:47 PM

I thought the new owners were chill and going to let us run it like the original LIF. No membership fee to sell items. This was one of the reasons the forum became so successful!
  • Tonto likes this

#17 Tonto

Tonto

Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?

• Club LIF Member
  • 11,584 posts
  • LocationBeen there, done that

Posted January 10 2017 - 03:15 PM

I thought the new owners were chill and going to let us run it like the original LIF. No membership fee to sell items. This was one of the reasons the forum became so successful!

If you like your forum, you can keep your forum...

#18 shamuscull

shamuscull

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 10 2017 - 05:32 PM

Sooooo the other guy that lied while the ship was sinking also lied about he club being a separate thing and that range nights and all the other things would still continue plus the 100 Glock giveaway........hard to believe he was such a stand up guy.

Edited by shamuscull, January 10 2017 - 05:33 PM.

• Tonto likes this

#19 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 6,752 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 10 2017 - 05:53 PM

Sooooo the other guy that lied while the ship was sinking also lied about he club being a separate thing and that range nights and all the other things would still continue plus the 100 Glock giveaway........hard to believe he was such a stand up guy.

The Architect was ill the last time.

#20 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 9,503 posts

Posted January 10 2017 - 08:09 PM

Well you post this before I got this up. http://www.longislan...s/#entry2045233

If you like your forum, you can keep your forum...

Yes you can once again. If you guys want something and the new owners can do it they are very open to doing it. Its your forum start a thread if you want something changed or a member un banned or the language filter lossen up (their not going to take it totally off) . All you have to do is ask.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how, to, become, donated, member, of, long, island, firearms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users