Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Gas situation on LI

gas situation on li

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#1 shooter528

shooter528

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , Donated Member

• 361 posts
  • LocationLevittown, NY

Posted November 01 2012 - 04:12 PM

What does everyone think of the gas situation on long island? When do you think more gas will be available?  This Weekend? Next week?
NRA Lifer

#2 Andrews2083

Andrews2083

Marksman

• 71 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 04:23 PM

We r in deep doo doo with this gas situation. The lines are either 7 blocks long, or the gas stations are just point blank out of gas. Very scary man as I don't know when they are going to get the gas trucks here.

#3 artburg

artburg

It takes hard work to be hated

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 4,926 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted November 01 2012 - 04:48 PM

Sucks,I filled both vehicles Saturday night and 4-5 gallon gas cans.Very glad I did...... :fie
Paid for by Artburg for President 2116
I'm artburg and I approve this message

NYS Glock Adoption Center director,I give all unwanted Glocks  a good home regardless of size and caliber :)     

NRA MEMBER
FORMER MEMBER OF MY OWN FAN CLUB
MONSTER addict in denial,now off the wagon...wait back on it,maybe
Honorary HOOTERS GIRL
Member of the Ugly Feet Club

Did You Know FedCop2012 is a Cop FanClub Memeber

#4 Dchilde

Dchilde

Runs With Scissors

• 2,190 posts
  • LocationNorth Fork

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:02 PM

People are out of their minds at the gas stations.
Just trying to drive past a gas station full of stupid unprepared people is enough to make me want to punch baby's.
“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
―Samual Adams

#5 CJ

CJ

Tired of it all

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,085 posts
  • LocationGone

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:05 PM

We have two stations near us. One is real close the other is about a mile away. One station has a NCPD car there with an Officer standing at the pumps. All day long I can hear the honking. We counted 60+ cars on one line and almost 50 cars on another.
"Chasing dreams and racing Father Time"

#6 Paté

Paté

The Original Assault Carrot

• Administrators
  • 29,146 posts
  • LocationI'm over here now!

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:09 PM

I must have gotten lucky this morning. I went out onto Vets hwy and found regular gas with a two car wait at Hess. The only reason there was even a wait is a bunch of DEC trucks with trailers were at the pumps. The trailers blocked the 2nd set of pumps while they filled there trucks.

Pat

Posted Image

#7 artburg

artburg

It takes hard work to be hated

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 4,926 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostPaté, on November 01 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I must have gotten lucky this morning. I went out onto Vets hwy and found regular gas with a two car wait at Hess. The only reason there was even a wait is a bunch of DEC trucks with trailers were at the pumps. The trailers blocked the 2nd set of pumps while they filled there trucks.
On my way to work this morning I pass about 7 stations,all looked normal,the ride home MUCH DIFFERENT.Were the news stations today reporting a gas shortage or something to freak everyone out??
Paid for by Artburg for President 2116
I'm artburg and I approve this message

NYS Glock Adoption Center director,I give all unwanted Glocks  a good home regardless of size and caliber :)     

NRA MEMBER
FORMER MEMBER OF MY OWN FAN CLUB
MONSTER addict in denial,now off the wagon...wait back on it,maybe
Honorary HOOTERS GIRL
Member of the Ugly Feet Club

Did You Know FedCop2012 is a Cop FanClub Memeber

#8 CWNY

CWNY

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationNY unfortunately...

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:33 PM

Just filled up my e350 super duty... 2.5 hours wait . Ok petroleum Wantagh ave. Wantagh....that sucked !!!!! Aw well !!!!

Chris

#9 Spunka925

Spunka925

Gun Guru

• 539 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:40 PM

The guy around the block from me just had two tankers full up his station but he has NO electric for the pumps...   This is on depot rd in Huntington station.  Also. Is 4.39 a gallon for reg. enough to be considered price gouging.   Just so I can report it.
An enemy of the Constitution is an enemy of mine!

#10 Paté

Paté

The Original Assault Carrot

• Administrators
  • 29,146 posts
  • LocationI'm over here now!

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postartburg, on November 01 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

On my way to work this morning I pass about 7 stations,all looked normal,the ride home MUCH DIFFERENT.Were the news stations today reporting a gas shortage or something to freak everyone out??

I didn't see anything worse then normal on the news today. We have no power at my house or work, so I figured we would come down for the sticks to stay with my parents in Ronkonkoma since they never lost power.

I only went out because I didnt have enough gas to get home if/when the power goes back on.

Pat

Posted Image

#11 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Administrators
  • 7,018 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostSpunka925, on November 01 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

The guy around the block from me just had two tankers full up his station but he has NO electric for the pumps...   This is on depot rd in Huntington station.  Also. Is 4.39 a gallon for reg. enough to be considered price gouging.   Just so I can report it.

No generator?

stop whining and start doing.

#12 Gman86

Gman86

Noncompliant

• Donated Member
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationPatchogue

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostSpunka925, on November 01 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

I would hope it is.
Gavin

TEAM KALASH

RESIST

#13 Spunka925

Spunka925

Gun Guru

• 539 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postpeteinsuffolk, on November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

No generator?
Not that I know of. It's been dark there since we all lost power and no one has got it back unless he went and found one.

#14 Spunka925

Spunka925

Gun Guru

• 539 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:50 PM

View Postpeteinsuffolk, on November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

No generator?
Not that I know of. It's been dark there since we all lost power and no one has got it back unless he went and found one.

#15 M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,416 posts
  • LocationBayshore

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:03 PM

You know it just occurred to me just a LITTLE courtesy and consideration is all that is needed at this time. I just went passed many gas stations and found lines everyplace and I thought to myself how many of those people really don't need gas, how many are just topping off, panic buying. Did it occurred to them that for some of us this may just be an inconvenience but some are buying gas for there generators to keep there family warm and safer. I have come through Sandy allot better then many others and don't think for a minute I take that for granted. My car has a half of tank left and I am retired so I have no need of gas right now so I will not fill up again until everything has settled down a bit, I refuse to be part of the problem. I hate the world we have made, its not the world I grew up in.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT
----- THE ORIGINAL-----
HOMELAND SECURITY

#16 Pat M

Pat M

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationBay Shore

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:11 PM

At 5pm tonight I saw about 6 police cars and yellow tape at the Gulf station on 5th Ave. and Spur Dr. South in Bay Shore.  Looks like a fight broke out.  It's getting crazy out there.

#17 Skope

Skope

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,322 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:16 PM

Crazy lines at the mobil on Stewart Ave all day today. Police there as well to make sure nothing got out of hand. I'm so glad I filled up Sunday. I had a bad feeling we were going to end up like this.
-Pete
NRA Lifer, Member NYSRPA, SASI, GCA

#18 cgeminski

cgeminski

Gun Guru

• 1,038 posts
  • LocationRidge, NY

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:31 PM

the gas station in Ridge had a line over 75 cars long a few minutes ago.  I heard our biggest problem may be that all the gas comes from refineries in New Jersey, where the hurricane hit the hardest.  Glad I filled up all my tanks before the storm, the 870 will be bedside.... not taking any chances.
NY State Rifle & Pistol Association member
National Rifle Association Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
Southampton Pistol & Rifle Club member

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"

#19 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 7,331 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostM-1 Carbine, on November 01 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

You know it just occurred to me just a LITTLE courtesy and consideration is all that is needed at this time. I just went passed many gas stations and found lines everyplace and I thought to myself how many of those people really don't need gas, how many are just topping off, panic buying. Did it occurred to them that for some of us this may just be an inconvenience but some are buying gas for there generators to keep there family warm and safer. I have come through Sandy allot better then many others and don't think for a minute I take that for granted. My car has a half of tank left and I am retired so I have no need of gas right now so I will not fill up again until everything has settled down a bit, I refuse to be part of the problem. I hate the world we have made, its not the world I grew up in.
I was thinking along the same lines.... i just needed a little gas for my vBulletin an so I wouldn't get stuck....  no need to go far so I didn't fill up.... got a full tank in the bike i can siphon if i need a little more....  needed a gas can filled tues. Got lucky and had a pretty short wait?but some putz who i saw pull in started flipping out screaming at me making threats...

Pete

"It ain't the guns stupid - It's the CRIMINALS!"

"Never try to teach a pig how to sing...it just wastes your time - and annoys the pig." - Robert Anson Heinlein

Prayer for obama - Psalm 109:8 ~ "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

Mom, 20 Sept. 1944 - 22 Sept 2010 RIP

#20 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 4,501 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm just about empty in my car. I have a pretty long commute to work so it eats up a lot of gas. Since I made it in everyday, it's time for me to fill up. I refuse to wait over 30 minutes in line so, I used some of my generator gas so I can get to work in the morning. I also have (3) 5 gallon gas containers in the car. Hopefully I can find a station early in the morning without crazy lines.
"When Western civilization melts down, I want an AK-47" - Richard Venola

"If he was trying to rob somebody's house, why didn't he have a gun to fight back?" - Sherry Morant

"If you have a semiautomatic and can't take someone down with a standard clip, you shouldn't have one." - Carolyn McCarthy (R-NY D-Mineola)

Bloomberg said discussions of mental health and school programs were "just ways to avoid the issue." when speaking of the tragedy in CT

"You gotta ask me nicely!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas, situation, on, li

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users