Jump to content


Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Gas situation on LI

gas situation on li

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#1 shooter528

shooter528

    Sharp Shooter!

  • Member
  • Others: ,
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLevittown, NY

Posted November 01 2012 - 04:12 PM

What does everyone think of the gas situation on long island? When do you think more gas will be available?  This Weekend? Next week?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago



#2 Andrews2083

Andrews2083

    Marksman

  • Member
  • 71 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 04:23 PM

We r in deep doo doo with this gas situation. The lines are either 7 blocks long, or the gas stations are just point blank out of gas. Very scary man as I don't know when they are going to get the gas trucks here.

#3 artburg

artburg

    It takes hard work to be hated

  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 6,276 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted November 01 2012 - 04:48 PM

Sucks,I filled both vehicles Saturday night and 4-5 gallon gas cans.Very glad I did...... :fie

#4 Dchilde

Dchilde

    Runs With Scissors

  • Member
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationNorth Fork

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:02 PM

People are out of their minds at the gas stations.
Just trying to drive past a gas station full of stupid unprepared people is enough to make me want to punch baby's.

#5 CJ

CJ

    SUPER STAR

  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,430 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:05 PM

We have two stations near us. One is real close the other is about a mile away. One station has a NCPD car there with an Officer standing at the pumps. All day long I can hear the honking. We counted 60+ cars on one line and almost 50 cars on another.

#6 Paté

Paté

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 38,956 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:09 PM

I must have gotten lucky this morning. I went out onto Vets hwy and found regular gas with a two car wait at Hess. The only reason there was even a wait is a bunch of DEC trucks with trailers were at the pumps. The trailers blocked the 2nd set of pumps while they filled there trucks.

#7 artburg

artburg

    It takes hard work to be hated

  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 6,276 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostPaté, on November 01 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I must have gotten lucky this morning. I went out onto Vets hwy and found regular gas with a two car wait at Hess. The only reason there was even a wait is a bunch of DEC trucks with trailers were at the pumps. The trailers blocked the 2nd set of pumps while they filled there trucks.
On my way to work this morning I pass about 7 stations,all looked normal,the ride home MUCH DIFFERENT.Were the news stations today reporting a gas shortage or something to freak everyone out??

#8 CWNY

CWNY

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 1,466 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:33 PM

Just filled up my e350 super duty... 2.5 hours wait . Ok petroleum Wantagh ave. Wantagh....that sucked !!!!! Aw well !!!!

Chris

#9 Spunka925

Spunka925

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 545 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:40 PM

The guy around the block from me just had two tankers full up his station but he has NO electric for the pumps...   This is on depot rd in Huntington station.  Also. Is 4.39 a gallon for reg. enough to be considered price gouging.   Just so I can report it.

#10 Paté

Paté

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 38,956 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postartburg, on November 01 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:


On my way to work this morning I pass about 7 stations,all looked normal,the ride home MUCH DIFFERENT.Were the news stations today reporting a gas shortage or something to freak everyone out??

I didn't see anything worse then normal on the news today. We have no power at my house or work, so I figured we would come down for the sticks to stay with my parents in Ronkonkoma since they never lost power.

I only went out because I didnt have enough gas to get home if/when the power goes back on.

#11 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

  • Administrators
  • 7,342 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostSpunka925, on November 01 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

The guy around the block from me just had two tankers full up his station but he has NO electric for the pumps...   This is on depot rd in Huntington station.  Also. Is 4.39 a gallon for reg. enough to be considered price gouging.   Just so I can report it.

No generator?

#12 Gman86

Gman86

    Noncompliant

  • Member
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationPatchogue

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostSpunka925, on November 01 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

The guy around the block from me just had two tankers full up his station but he has NO electric for the pumps...   This is on depot rd in Huntington station.  Also. Is 4.39 a gallon for reg. enough to be considered price gouging.   Just so I can report it.

I would hope it is.

#13 Spunka925

Spunka925

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 545 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postpeteinsuffolk, on November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:



No generator?
Not that I know of. It's been dark there since we all lost power and no one has got it back unless he went and found one.

#14 Spunka925

Spunka925

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 545 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 05:50 PM

View Postpeteinsuffolk, on November 01 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:



No generator?
Not that I know of. It's been dark there since we all lost power and no one has got it back unless he went and found one.

#15 M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine

    Gun Guru

  • Donated Member
  • 2,065 posts
  • LocationBayshore

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:03 PM

You know it just occurred to me just a LITTLE courtesy and consideration is all that is needed at this time. I just went passed many gas stations and found lines everyplace and I thought to myself how many of those people really don't need gas, how many are just topping off, panic buying. Did it occurred to them that for some of us this may just be an inconvenience but some are buying gas for there generators to keep there family warm and safer. I have come through Sandy allot better then many others and don't think for a minute I take that for granted. My car has a half of tank left and I am retired so I have no need of gas right now so I will not fill up again until everything has settled down a bit, I refuse to be part of the problem. I hate the world we have made, its not the world I grew up in.

#16 Pat M

Pat M

    Gun Guru

  • Donated Member
  • 2,085 posts
  • LocationBay Shore

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:11 PM

At 5pm tonight I saw about 6 police cars and yellow tape at the Gulf station on 5th Ave. and Spur Dr. South in Bay Shore.  Looks like a fight broke out.  It's getting crazy out there.

#17 Skope

Skope

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:16 PM

Crazy lines at the mobil on Stewart Ave all day today. Police there as well to make sure nothing got out of hand. I'm so glad I filled up Sunday. I had a bad feeling we were going to end up like this.

#18 cgeminski

cgeminski

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationRidge, NY

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:31 PM

the gas station in Ridge had a line over 75 cars long a few minutes ago.  I heard our biggest problem may be that all the gas comes from refineries in New Jersey, where the hurricane hit the hardest.  Glad I filled up all my tanks before the storm, the 870 will be bedside.... not taking any chances.

#19 Parashooter

Parashooter

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 9,911 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostM-1 Carbine, on November 01 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

You know it just occurred to me just a LITTLE courtesy and consideration is all that is needed at this time. I just went passed many gas stations and found lines everyplace and I thought to myself how many of those people really don't need gas, how many are just topping off, panic buying. Did it occurred to them that for some of us this may just be an inconvenience but some are buying gas for there generators to keep there family warm and safer. I have come through Sandy allot better then many others and don't think for a minute I take that for granted. My car has a half of tank left and I am retired so I have no need of gas right now so I will not fill up again until everything has settled down a bit, I refuse to be part of the problem. I hate the world we have made, its not the world I grew up in.
I was thinking along the same lines.... i just needed a little gas for my vBulletin an so I wouldn't get stuck....  no need to go far so I didn't fill up.... got a full tank in the bike i can siphon if i need a little more....  needed a gas can filled tues. Got lucky and had a pretty short wait?but some putz who i saw pull in started flipping out screaming at me making threats...




#20 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

    Gun Guru

  • Member
  • 5,699 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm just about empty in my car. I have a pretty long commute to work so it eats up a lot of gas. Since I made it in everyday, it's time for me to fill up. I refuse to wait over 30 minutes in line so, I used some of my generator gas so I can get to work in the morning. I also have (3) 5 gallon gas containers in the car. Hopefully I can find a station early in the morning without crazy lines.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas, situation, on, li

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users