Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Storm Damage?

storm damage

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 100MPG

100MPG

Gun Guru

• 2,275 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted October 29 2012 - 05:53 PM

trees down on 25a in rocky point. many many trees down on side streets also, some are so large it looks like a dea end on some of the roads, never seen anything like it.
Posted Image

#22 gunsngolf

gunsngolf

Semper Fi Semper Paratus

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,488 posts
  • LocationRight Overthere

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:25 PM

View Post100MPG, on October 29 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

trees down on 25a in rocky point. many many trees down on side streets also, some are so large it looks like a dea end on some of the roads, never seen anything like it.

I came home after over 50 fire alarms (rocky point FD). We had a tree take down live wires on to a car causing it to catch fire. I had to stretch the nozzle under a downed tree just to get to the fire. Moments later another tree fell and struck a bystander on scene dislocating his shoulder. It's pretty bad. Tons of roads blocked. Stay home. Nobody should head out. If you do need to go outside, keep a constant watch on the tree's and power lines above you.
"Criminals celebrate when politicians clear the path for their destructive ways." -Ted Nugent

Team Armalite

NRA  SAF member

Team LIF Trap and Skeet

#23 dastorm

dastorm

Respected Gunowner

• 292 posts
  • Locationrocky point

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:33 PM

sky light shattered
Dan D

GSG 1911 22LR

"Laws can't control the lawless"
-Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

"Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave."
- Andrew Fletcher 1698

#24 Jen

Jen

Respected Gunowner

• 141 posts
  • LocationNassau/Suffolk border

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:33 PM

A big tree fell into our house and another fell into our fence and is leaning against our neighbor's house.

#25 dastorm

dastorm

Respected Gunowner

• 292 posts
  • Locationrocky point

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:34 PM

heres the skylight

Attached Thumbnails

• 559521_3868598836628_1177067309_n.jpeg

Dan D

GSG 1911 22LR

"Laws can't control the lawless"
-Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

"Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave."
- Andrew Fletcher 1698

#26 heartlessmcfly

heartlessmcfly

Avoiding the ban hammer!

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 13,494 posts
  • Locationhuntington, ny

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:36 PM

Again...I am extending my services to help members who have any electrical damages....if you need anything, let me know. Six three one - six six two - three two three two. Mike
Should've bought a glock...

Paté - "NP. Like most things involving you and LIF, you were banned from chat. Classic..."

#27 li02liberty

li02liberty

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationMoriches, New York

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:39 PM

just drove home from the north fork to moriches. trees down all over the place and 105 is flooded as well as riverhead by the water.

Edited by li02liberty, October 29 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#28 SCOTT70

SCOTT70

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 176 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:51 PM

Tree fell on house about 6:00 pm. looks like only minor damage, no one hurt. we'll see tomorrow in day light.

Attached Thumbnails

• tree 2.jpg
  • tree.jpg

#29 100MPG

100MPG

Gun Guru

• 2,275 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postgunsngolf, on October 29 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

I came home after over 50 fire alarms (rocky point FD). We had a tree take down live wires on to a car causing it to catch fire. I had to stretch the nozzle under a downed tree just to get to the fire. Moments later another tree fell and struck a bystander on scene dislocating his shoulder. It's pretty bad. Tons of roads blocked. Stay home. Nobody should head out. If you do need to go outside, keep a constant watch on the tree's and power lines above you.
whoa! I heard you guys ALL DAY. Power is out from the next house east of me as far as I can see. Took a drive around the block and did not see the cause. and believe me, I was looking up more then I was looking straight ahead!  more then 50% of the time the wind is fairly mild....but then you hear the train coming and pow, hurricane wind again. Heck of job you guys have! bravo! are you done for the night?
Posted Image

#30 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 1,636 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 07:20 PM

hey guys, if you need anything for the houses Rone and I should be in the store tomorrow.  I stocked up on tarps a few months ago, and we have chimney caps in stock.  skylight domes.....give us a size we may have it.  If you need roofer recomendations, let me know.  We specialize in slate and copper and tile, but obviously do asphalt shingles and flat roofing as well.

stay tight, it's getting bad out there.  tar paper if it is secured will keep the rain out.  sadly once a few shingles go, it opens up the envelope for more to take a ride.
http://www.volko.com
516-741-4466
Family Owned and Operated Supplier of Quality Building Materials since 1948!
Local and Friendly FFL Transfers

#31 gunsngolf

gunsngolf

Semper Fi Semper Paratus

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,488 posts
  • LocationRight Overthere

Posted October 29 2012 - 07:35 PM

View Post100MPG, on October 29 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

whoa! I heard you guys ALL DAY. Power is out from the next house east of me as far as I can see. Took a drive around the block and did not see the cause. and believe me, I was looking up more then I was looking straight ahead!  more then 50% of the time the wind is fairly mild....but then you hear the train coming and pow, hurricane wind again. Heck of job you guys have! bravo! are you done for the night?

I just got home from a couple more alarms. I'm done for the night. Time to focus on the family. Thanks for the Kudos, but, it's a team effort. There are a lot of volley's on here. Good luck and stay safe to all my brothers (and sisters!).
"Criminals celebrate when politicians clear the path for their destructive ways." -Ted Nugent

Team Armalite

NRA  SAF member

Team LIF Trap and Skeet

#32 nightday

nightday

LIVE FREE OR DIE

• Club LIF Member

• 3,017 posts
  • LocationSecured Bunker

Posted October 29 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostVolkoSupply, on October 29 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

hey guys, if you need anything for the houses Rone and I should be in the store tomorrow.  I stocked up on tarps a few months ago, and we have chimney caps in stock.  skylight domes.....give us a size we may have it.  If you need roofer recomendations, let me know.  We specialize in slate and copper and tile, but obviously do asphalt shingles and flat roofing as well.

stay tight, it's getting bad out there.  tar paper if it is secured will keep the rain out.  sadly once a few shingles go, it opens up the envelope for more to take a ride.

+1 for Volko!

Rifleman's Creed

"This is my rifle.  There are many like it, but this one is mine.  My rifle is my best friend.  It is my life.  I must master my life.  My rifle without me is useless.  Without my rifle, I am useless.  I must fire my rifle true.  I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.  I must shoot him before he shoots me.  I will... "  Major General William H. Rupertus

Freeport R&R Member     USPSA / IDPA
NRA member
FFL03
NY CCW (Restricted)  someday hopefully this shall change
FL  CCW
UT CCW
U.S. Merchant Marine Captain (Retired)

IMG_1035.JPG RIP Boulder  We miss you sooo much! 7/29/2006-4/08/2013

image.jpg Welcome Home Geyser 3/09/2013

http://www.LONGISLANDBIDS.COM

#33 stape88

stape88

Respected Gunowner

• 104 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostTonto, on October 29 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

I just lost a couple of roof shingles & saw a few more are loose & lifting.  Looks like I'm going to need a roofer. And we haven't even gotten the worst of the winds yet.

View Postbonedoc, on October 29 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Anyone know a good roofer that deals in slate?

my father has a roofing company based out of Lynbrook for 35 years. Message me if you want any work done. through my experience with these storms(and usually they arent as bad as this one) you can go through homeowners insurance no problem. after a storm like this insurance companies will pay anything to fix your roof because then they are liable for any interior damage that leaks cause if they refuse to pay. so dont worry about paying out of your pocket. if youd like ill give a free estimate. we also do slate roof repairs. For any others who have old roofs on your homes, now is the time to take advantage of your insurance.

Message me
thanks and be safe

#34 joey52685

joey52685

Sharp Shooter!

• 526 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:20 AM

Roof on my car is pretty banged up, but still drivable, i already cleared the tree.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-10-29_16-47-04_199.jpg

Rifel Expert <> Pistol Sharpshooter - USMC

Semper Fi

#35 heartlessmcfly

heartlessmcfly

Avoiding the ban hammer!

• Club LIF Member

• 13,494 posts
  • Locationhuntington, ny

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:21 AM

ouch....sorry to hear that. atleast thats the worst of your problems...right?
Should've bought a glock...

Paté - "NP. Like most things involving you and LIF, you were banned from chat. Classic..."

#36 joey52685

joey52685

Sharp Shooter!

• 526 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, nobody is hurt that's all the matters.
Rifel Expert <> Pistol Sharpshooter - USMC

Semper Fi

#37 artburg

artburg

It takes hard work to be hated

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,053 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:33 AM

Just did yard survey,just 2 sections of fence down.My weather station wind meter hit 90mph a couple times.Not too bad.
Paid for by Artburg for President 2116
I'm artburg and I approve this message

NYS Glock Adoption Center director,I give all unwanted Glocks  a good home regardless of size and caliber :)     

NRA MEMBER
FORMER MEMBER OF MY OWN FAN CLUB
MONSTER addict in denial,now off the wagon...wait back on it,maybe
Honorary HOOTERS GIRL
Member of the Ugly Feet Club

Did You Know FedCop2012 is a Cop FanClub Memeber

#38 yossarian

yossarian

what

• Donated Member
  • 1,132 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 09:52 AM

Few sticks in my yard. Part of the fence that was rotted blew off. We were lucky, power never ever went out.

#39 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 4,710 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:16 AM

No damage but lost power this morning. Hoping it was deliberate in order to fix other outages.
"When Western civilization melts down, I want an AK-47" - Richard Venola

"If he was trying to rob somebody's house, why didn't he have a gun to fight back?" - Sherry Morant

"If you have a semiautomatic and can't take someone down with a standard clip, you shouldn't have one." - Carolyn McCarthy (R-NY D-Mineola)

Bloomberg said discussions of mental health and school programs were "just ways to avoid the issue." when speaking of the tragedy in CT

"You gotta ask me nicely!"

#40 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

NYS Safety Instructor

• Board Moderator
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:27 AM

made it ok but I have a huge hole from the tree next door  lost 5 section of my fence
and the shed door came off
papabear

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0311.jpg
  • IMG_0330.jpg
  • IMG_0312.jpg

PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Posted Image
Member Of The NRA-Trophy Life Member of North American Hunting Club-Syosset Sportsman Club
DUCKS UNLIMATED WESTERN SUFFOLK CHAPTER
New York Hunter Safety Instructor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: storm, damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users