Long Island Shooters Forum banner

I need a shotgun fitted

8K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Mossy930spx 
#1 ·
I have a .20g Ugartechea ss that is Cast off. I am a lefty shooter so need the stock cast on. Does anyone out there have a competent gunsmith that can properly fit this gun for me? I am so much better with my other shotguns that are just neutral (no cast) that I have to believe this gun just does not fit right.

#3 ·
Had my Browning done by Jimmy.  Beautiful job.  I still need help breaking clays but that's not his fault.  I certainly would use him again.                                               Highland Crest  Stock Fitters James Olivant 631 648-8289.

#18 ·
Lol it's all good. Got home at 3pm so I called Jim and stopped over. It was quicker than I thought.

Tomorrow is gonna be a crap show. Weather dependent obviously.

#19 ·
I was told by a friend, who has known Jim, that he now longer is doing stock work because of a medical condition. A condition that has him almost crippled. So, is he better now, or does he have someone else working with him? I'm confused, because when I mentioned this to my friend, he suggested Jim may have someone else working for him. And all this came about, because a few weeks ago, I asked my friend about having Jim do some stock fitting for me. And that's when he told me about his condition. And I've gone with my friend several years ago to Jim's house to pick up a stock he did for my friend. I'm hoping he still is doing it, as I was planning on buying a new o/u and having it fitted, but hesitated when my friend told me about Jim.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I emailed Jim. He said he is still doing fittings.

I showed up. He measured me. Cut my stock.

Evaluated I needed a comb, which I figured. Said about 2 weeks to complete. Showed me some shotguns he finished which looked great.

He was wearing a Velcro back brace.

#21 ·
Ok, sounds like he's back(pun intended). The problem I was told was his back/spine was deteriorating. Glad to hear he's working again.

#25 ·
Unfortunately I can not recommend highland crest stock fitters.

I know of another member who had a great experience and handed in his gun the same time I did.

Jim is a nice person. But I need to spend roughly $650 to get my shotgun back to what it was. And another $250+ to get it to be what I want it to be.

Damn shame really.

I'm going to stick with only beretta approved service centers from now on.

#26 ·
Unfortunately I can not recommend highland crest stock fitters.

I know of another member who had a great experience and handed in his gun the same time I did.

Jim is a nice person. But I need to spend roughly $650 to get my shotgun back to what it was. And another $250+ to get it to be what I want it to be.

Damn shame really.

I'm going to stick with only beretta approved service centers from now on.

What happened?? I have never hear a hint of negativity about the man, I have never met him,but was planning on it.

#28 ·
I beleive it is now Jim's son that is actually doing the work, and not Jim. From a close friend who knew Jim well, through the Peconic club, Jim is almost totally incapacitated. And his son was already started to take on the work a few years ago. Obviously, his work is not like Jim's was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.