Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Nassau  County Pistol Licensing

nassau pistol application permit license

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#1 Johnc

Johnc

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • Others: , ,
  • 3,908 posts

Posted March 26 2009 - 08:26 PM

If you are a Nassau County resident and need forms or information for pistol licensing, follow this link.

http://www.police.co...application.htm

If you have any interest in acquiring a handgun we recommend that you don’t wait and you do it now. It will never be easier or less expensive than it is right now.
You may contact N.C.P.D. by calling (516) 573-7000

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 iNCNF

iNCNF

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 24 2009 - 06:46 PM

P.S. Here is a PDF Fillin form for NC
  • marlin795 likes this

#3 iNCNF

iNCNF

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 25 2009 - 06:54 PM

INCNF,

I did not mean to indicate that it is EASY.   I want the members to understand that it will not get any easier to do.  It will only get more difficult.

That will really do not know. Especially since the NC budget tightening, many things get passed over. So one can never tell.

#4 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5,707 posts

Posted July 25 2009 - 08:31 PM

I know the division people and they work hard, upper management I cant speak for but I think they are switching to laminated cards shortly (like drivers licenses) you should definately apply now if you havent.

#5 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted July 25 2009 - 09:22 PM

I know the division people and they work hard, upper management I cant speak for but I think they are switching to laminated cards shortly (like drivers licenses) you should definately apply now if you havent.

I have heard that the "plastic" license is a no go for the future. Something about vendors and contracts.

#6 iNCNF

iNCNF

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 25 2009 - 10:49 PM

I have heard that the "plastic" license is a no go for the future. Something about vendors and contracts.

NC is to anal to go to plastic cards. They just llove the odd-side paper.

#7 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5,707 posts

Posted July 26 2009 - 06:25 AM

I did however hear recently that they are getting the machine for laminating (this was Friday morning) ill make some calls and confirm,

iNCNF I can ony assume you know more than me and cant argue with that.

I am friends with some of the people there, and have been around the desk and it seemed to me that the NCPLD people work diligently, I cant speak for who lets things sit and who doesnt, but I would like to give some of them the benefit of the doubt.
Contact me and Ill be sure to get you in ;)

#8 iNCNF

iNCNF

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 27 2009 - 04:40 PM

I did however hear recently that they are getting the machine for laminating (this was Friday morning) ill make some calls and confirm,

iNCNF I can ony assume you know more than me and cant argue with that.

I am friends with some of the people there, and have been around the desk and it seemed to me that the NCPLD people work diligently, I cant speak for who lets things sit and who doesnt, but I would like to give some of them the benefit of the doubt.

The non-officers, a.k.a. the "Brown Shirts," are diligent and go a great job. But they are not police officers. In fact. they are civilians who handle handguns without licenses. The problems are with the actual NCPD Officers who are suppose to enforce the law and administrative rules, but instead make up laws ans administrative rules.

#9 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 27 2009 - 05:37 PM

and that one "brown shirt" is a cutie !

Shes married  :(

#10 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5,707 posts

Posted July 27 2009 - 05:54 PM

shes great.

#11 kevins9145

kevins9145

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 169 posts

Posted July 27 2009 - 10:21 PM

When I went in for my initial paperwork, she gave me such a horrid attitude and dirty look. . . . . . although she was nicer, when I went to get fingerprinted

#12 glocklife

glocklife

Tactical Shrubbery!!

• Established Member
  • 3,802 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 27 2009 - 11:52 PM

Big Red - Her name is Cathy Mcann and she's actually a really a nice lady.  She's a regular at my restaurant.

#13 kevins9145

kevins9145

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 169 posts

Posted July 28 2009 - 12:10 AM

The red haired lady. . . . yea she does seem really nice.

#14 iNCNF

iNCNF

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 28 2009 - 02:59 AM

The red haired lady. . . . yea she does seem really nice.

this is the brosn shirt that told me that I could not own a copy of the NYS PL book because I wan't a policeman or a lawyer. plus, she tells people who are SELLING a gun that they need a Purch Doc, though PD are only needed by the BUYER.

yup, cathY is filled with knowledge & wisdom.

#15 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5,707 posts

Posted July 28 2009 - 05:14 AM

oh man - I am ending my convo here lol.

#16 glocklife

glocklife

Tactical Shrubbery!!

• Established Member
  • 3,802 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 28 2009 - 11:32 AM

LMAO I think its just about how the relationship starts it usually stays that way.  Even though theres allot of law abiding nice guys here on the site I think they see allot of dumb-asses and over the years you get a little grumpy.

All in all I've had pretty good experiences over there as long as you speak like a gentleman you should never have a problem.

#17 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5,707 posts

Posted July 28 2009 - 11:41 AM

Ive also had nothing but good experiences, but cant speak for others and dont want to fuel a fire lol so I left it that.

#18 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 28 2009 - 04:35 PM

LMAO I think its just about how the relationship starts it usually stays that way.  Even though theres allot of law abiding nice guys here on the site I think they see allot of dumb-asses and over the years you get a little grumpy.

All in all I've had pretty good experiences over there as long as you speak like a gentleman you should never have a problem.

+1

I'm good friends with a few people there including her. If you heard the stories that go on there with people coming in, you'd understand why she needs to have that dont f with me attitude and look. As long as you remain nice while shes grilling you (lol figuring you out) she turns it off and is a really nice person.

#19 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5,707 posts

Posted July 28 2009 - 04:46 PM

+1

I'm good friends with a few people there including her. If you heard the stories that go on there with people coming in, you'd understand why she needs to have that dont f with me attitude and look. As long as you remain nice while shes grilling you (lol figuring you out) she turns it off and is a really nice person.

couldnt have been said better.

#20 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted July 28 2009 - 08:04 PM

+1

Funny thing, when I go there I hope that I get her ( as stated she keeps the pages together) . If you really are friends with her you can pass it on that i as well as many others find her pleasent to deal with.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nassau, pistol, application, permit, license

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users