Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

LISAPA/LIF needs your help in the Nassau Lawsuit!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• Administrators
  • 34,598 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 30 2012 - 11:51 AM

As you are aware we started a thread regarding Nassau County folks waiting over 6+ months for their license. (http://www.longislan...34237540.35951/)

We have successfully found candidates who fall within the waiting period.

Murtha and Murtha has taken on the task of filing the paperwork and handle all the legal 'stuff'.  

We need your help!

Demand was served, we need to funds to purchase of index numbers, RJIs, and service of process. Total fees: $968

We will use this thread to keep a tally of the funds collected.

100% of the funds have been raised! -UPDATE 95% raised.

We will pick a winner 7/2/12 for a free entry into our August NRA Basic Shotgun course!
Value: $165
If you are interested in attending this course regardless, please visit www.LIFStore.com

LISAPA and LIF are here to get involved on a LOCAL level.  Support the action of getting and obtaining your rights back now.

--------------------UPDATE 7/10/12------------------------------
Folks,
Just got word back from our counsel working this (Murtha) that we need to raise additional funds. Total funds needed .  
Additional allocation costs:
1.Process Server
2. RJI fees.

$1010 raised
short: $435

Please use the link below to support this lawsuit.

<form name="PrePage" method = "post" action = "https://Simplechecko...gPayment.aspx"> <input type = "hidden" name = "LinkId" value ="c2f9af42-91b4-42ae-a0ff-f646b73e1b23" /> <input type = "submit" value = "NC Pistol Delay" /> </form>

Check out our new raffles area, buy/sell/trade area, and official store today!

Remember that disputes on LIF are accessible to everyone on the Internet. The way in which you conduct yourself on LIF reflects on LIF and on you. Personal attacks will never help you make a point; they hurt the community and deter users from helping create a good community. We understand frustrations surrounding the 'NYSAFE' law which took effect 'behind closed doors'. Rest assured LIF will be addressing this in the very near future.

#2 FULL METAL JACKET

FULL METAL JACKET

Anti Liberal

• Club LIF Member
  • 20,241 posts
  • LocationWithin the III%

Posted June 30 2012 - 12:01 PM

Submitted my donation...Good luck

#3 DIESEL

DIESEL

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 282 posts

Posted June 30 2012 - 12:09 PM

Time to step up.  This should also help the people who follow us later.
My life is a Jimmy Buffet song

MEMBER NRA
MEMBER FREEPORT R AND R
MEMBER VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA CHAPTER 82
MEMBER VIETNAM WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION

#4 TopCat

TopCat

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: ,
  • 333 posts
  • LocationIslip, NY

Posted June 30 2012 - 12:18 PM

Not even a Nassau resident, but I'm a gun owner advocate. You have my support and donation.
:luck
"so long as men die, liberty will never perish"
-The Great Dictator-

#5 buddham1

buddham1

Marksman

• Club LIF Member
  • 89 posts

Posted June 30 2012 - 12:31 PM

Done.........good cause even for nonNassau residents.....  Good Luck!!     thanks
Member: LIF,  SAFE,  NYSRPA, GOA, SAF, CCRKBA, NRA

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the federal government their power of borrowing." - Thomas Jefferson
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

#6 malakaguy

malakaguy

Goat Molester

• LIF Site Moderator
  • 6,025 posts
  • Locationmassapequa

Posted June 30 2012 - 12:40 PM

I've also heard of many with current/waiting licenses being turned down for their business carry as they've raised the weekly minimum deposits weekly.

-Mike
Leg humping holster sniffer.

#7 psydaddy

psydaddy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,548 posts
  • LocationCommack

Posted June 30 2012 - 01:10 PM

Don't live in Nassau but supporting this too. Lawsuits at ALL levels, from Federal, to State, as well as local such as this one are the only way to reclaim our rights.
With 4000+ members raising the funds should be a no brainer right?  Strength in numbers.

Dov
NRA-Life, SAF-Life, JPFO, NAGR, SAFE, NYSRPA
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."_--Thomas Paine

#8 grifhunter

grifhunter

In Recovery

• Club LIF Member
  • Others:
  • 4,038 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion at Exit 43.

Posted June 30 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm in.

If you own  a pistol, or plan to own a pistol, you need to step up here.  If you can afford a box of ammo, then you can afford to help fight for your rights.  Thats right, chip in the price of a box of ammo!  Think of it as your little piece of giving the Rice and Bloombergs a little bit of pushback for a change.  
Have questions about which gun, feature or magazine is banned?  Ask your Senator/Assemblyman. They voted for it. Ask them whats covered and whats not and respectfully decline referrals to staff, State Police or any websites. Ask them in public and video tape it, especially if they refuse to answer rudimentary questions.
Shame the cowards. Haunt them.   http://www.nssf.org/gunvote/

#9 govlawyer

govlawyer

Gun Enthusiast

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1,030 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted June 30 2012 - 03:00 PM

Done. If the lawyers need some help, I'd be happy to donate some pro bono time to them.  You know how to contact me, Architect.
Joe

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

NRA Life Member
NRA RSO (Thank You, LIF!)
Southampton Pistol and Rifle Club
CCW: NY and FL

I lost all of my firearms in a boating accident.

#10 Dash

Dash

Sharp Shooter!

• Others: ,
  • 336 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 30 2012 - 03:07 PM

Submitted my donation. Good luck and thanks
NRA Member

”The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20.”
~Sam Cohen

"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"
~ Yuri Orlov
from Lord of War

#11 lynyrd

lynyrd

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,186 posts

Posted June 30 2012 - 03:39 PM

Don't live in Nassau and I refuse to own a handgun under these Godforsaken "May I Please" laws but I kicked some in for the cause.

Paul
When lawmakers use words like "reasonable", "common sense", and "sensible" that means it's too complicated to explain and even they don't understand it....

#12 deathsythe

deathsythe

SAF Life Member, NRA Member

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,695 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 30 2012 - 05:29 PM

Here's a stupid question - and forgive me for being frugal about it but I'm an unemployed college graduate with a mortgage worth of student loans to pay off and a firearms problem. Can we count monies donated to this towards becoming a donated member?

MOD edit: The funds go 100% to the case. Nothing toward the forum.  But, we will make an exception for you.
-R.J.

Official NYS Motto said:

Some Animals are More Equal than Others.
Gun Control isn't about guns, it is about control.

#13 TTSkipper

TTSkipper

• Board Moderator
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted June 30 2012 - 09:05 PM

I am waiting for my permit, had my interview in May.  I am in for a donation.  Thanks LIF/LISAPA and MMurtha!
Ben

#14 rober1

rober1

Respected Gunowner

• 117 posts

Posted June 30 2012 - 09:56 PM

in.

#15 General.rr

General.rr

Temp. self-imposed ban.

• 3,648 posts

Posted June 30 2012 - 09:59 PM

Done. Thank you for the opportunity
NRA LIFE.
FLORIDA CWFL
UTAH CFP
rino.png

#16 bspz28

bspz28

Gun Guru

• 579 posts
  • LocationLost on Long Island

Posted June 30 2012 - 10:25 PM

In with some coin

#17 lynyrd

lynyrd

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,186 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 08:41 AM

Back up top....

Paul
When lawmakers use words like "reasonable", "common sense", and "sensible" that means it's too complicated to explain and even they don't understand it....

#18 Engineco54

Engineco54

Gun Guru

• 1,209 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 09:01 AM

Done

NRA/SAF Life

#19 lucija

lucija

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 381 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 10:14 AM

In. Not a Nassau resident or even a gun owner advocate, but I'll support anybody who is trying to hold these Nassau (and Suffolk) bureaucracies accountable.

#20 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 34,598 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 01 2012 - 04:01 PM

$865 collected
$103 short

Anyone who donates gets entry into a free drawing of NRA Basic Shotgun course (value $165)!

Check out our new raffles area, buy/sell/trade area, and official store today!

Remember that disputes on LIF are accessible to everyone on the Internet. The way in which you conduct yourself on LIF reflects on LIF and on you. Personal attacks will never help you make a point; they hurt the community and deter users from helping create a good community. We understand frustrations surrounding the 'NYSAFE' law which took effect 'behind closed doors'. Rest assured LIF will be addressing this in the very near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users