Long Island Shooters Forum banner

The Suffolk Sportsman

29K views 64 replies 49 participants last post by  rcosme 
#1 ·
Folks,

If you haven't already visited this store, please make an attempt. Alan is a great guy. Tell em' you heard about the shop here at LIF.

The Suffolk Sportsman, LLC
119 East Main St.
Smithtown, NY 11787
631-656-9227

UPDATED STORE HOURS:
Open Seven days.
Mon-9-5,
Tues-thru Fri 9-7,
Sat 9-5
Sun 9-4
Alan was with us in the beginning helping us get members. Let's all show our support for another fine local store ;)

#2 ·
The Architect said:
Folks,

If you haven't already visited this store, please make an attempt. Alan is a great guy. Tell em' you heard about the shop here at LIF.

The Suffolk Sportsman, LLC
119 East Main St.
Smithtown, NY 11787
631-656-9227

Alan was with us in the beginning helping us get members. Let's all show our support for another fine local store ;)
I will check out the store during the week, Stevie. Out of curiosity, why haven't we heard about him before?

#3 ·
Starman said:
I will check out the store during the week, Stevie. Out of curiosity, why haven't we heard about him before?
Much has been said about Alan and John at The Suffolk Sportsman. Do a search when you get the chance. Alan and John have been supporters of the forum since we started. They are great guys.

#4 ·
Agree that Suffolk Sportsman is a great shop. I've done most of my purchases with Alan and he is quite helpful and accommodating. While the shop itself dosn't have the largest selection out there, I have ordered whatever I wanted from them and the prices are reasonable.  

#6 ·
Johnc said:
Much has been said about Alan and John at The Suffolk Sportsman. Do a search when you get the chance. Alan and John have been supporters of the forum since we started. They are great guys.
I did. You are correct. My bad. Many good things have been said, I just didn't put the name with the comments. I will now.

#7 ·
Johnc said:
Ditto. . . . I've been there a few times. . . . nice place. . . they also have some fishing poles, reels and other related gear there too.

#9 ·
One of the few stores I've been to, first for some fishing supplies and terminal tackle, then for a couple transfers and supplies,
As a newbie, they treated me just fine, never felt uncomfortable. Please check them out, park in the rear of the store,
main street parking can be brutal at times.

#13 ·
I've only worked with Alan. Great guy. Patiently answered ALL my questions when I was getting started. I stopped by yesterday after the meet-up to replenish my stock of .22LR.

Dov

#14 ·
Is this the store that used to be on Rt 25, across the street from the restaurant - H2O, with all the outdoor lighting ?? I went by one day and they were gone.

Where did they move to ??

#16 ·
rocknat said:
I'm going to pay them another visit. I always like dealing with them .Great guys

STORE HOURS:
Monday-Tuesday-Thursday 7am to 6pm
Wednesday & Friday 7am to 9pm
Saturday 6am to 5pm & Sunday 6am to 4pm

edit if nessesary
Alan is a great guy to deal with and have been for several years. He will take his time with you and answer all your questions if he can.

I'm not to sure about the hours posted. Are they correct ?

#19 ·
Yup Alan is a good guy bought a Taurus 1911 from him at close to internet pricing.

#21 ·
Do they carry any used rifles...like Mosins?

#22 ·
T.Webb said:
Is this the store that used to be on Rt 25, across the street from the restaurant - H2O, with all the outdoor lighting ?? I went by one day and they were gone.

Where did they move to ??
Yes, that's the one. Same store, new location.

#24 ·
stevepelle91 said:
Last time I was there he had a 91-30 for $120, which came with the usual accessories. Didn't get a chance to take a closer look, but it looked fine.
Thanks!

I'm going to be sure to stop by!

#25 ·
Alan and John have been nothing but helpful to me since I got interested in the shooting sports. Even when they knew I had no intention of purchasing anything on a particular day, they answered all my questions and were more than gracious with their time. I ordered my Springfield from them and it should be in this week. They also have a nice supply of fishing equipment as well, and my son and I stop there on Sunday mornings to grab some nice fresh trout worms on our way to the river. A++ in my book!

#26 ·
..seems like this place is a 'hidden gem' from all these comments!  ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.