Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#1 mafr0201

mafr0201

Marksman

• 73 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 11:06 AM

I recently purchased a brand new Bushmaster AR-15 from them, and to be completely honest it was like pulling out my teeth!

1-     The service was absolutely horrible, from start for finish. (Anyone spending the money to purchase a new firearm for your location should be seen as a potential life-time customer.)
2-     They didn’t go though the safety procedures for cleaning or disassembly. (Maybe this process would have taken 2mins. to show the basics.)

[sidenote] Thinking I was too harsh on T&T, I just called them 10mins ago for info on a Romanian or Belgian AK. Needless to say I was snubbed before I could get “Romai” out of my mouth and told they were being nice just for answering my call about info.

DON’T GO THERE!
DON’T GO THERE!

#2 Vertiviper

Vertiviper

Iz'gon'rain

• Board Moderator
  • 4,787 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 17 2009 - 11:20 AM

Good to know...

Sorta like i've been to LISC in Islip twice, the first time was alright, I couldn't see why people hated it. Then, I went last weekend...no exaggeration I walked in and i had to interrupt the guys behind the counter talking about a car exhaust after standing there for 3 minutes. Finally when i said "excuse me" the dick behind the counter said "what do you want?" refusing to make eye contact. He then proceeded to tell me the .22lr I was using was illegal (40gr solid-Federal) and I had to buy what he had. I said, No, it's not illegal and I dissagree. He immediately said, oh right i'm thinking of a different type of .22lr (in a wise-ass tone).

After I got past the Troll at the front counter he let me into the range. This time the vents were off and there was a pleasant grey cloud (I was the only one in there). I walked back out and politely asked to turn the vents on. The Troll said give him 10 mins he's busy..i said sure, but i'm not being charged during this time (they charge by the hour)..At which point he said 'hey if u dont wanna shoot here you're not gonna keep me in busness, you're not doing me any favors'. I asked for a refund, got it and walked out.

Truely a miserable P.O.S. behind that counter.
Rosie O'Donnell

#3 Vergeltung

Vergeltung

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 1,970 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 11:26 AM

is it a disconnect bewtween un-caring workers and the real owners!?? I connot imagine anyone with a healthy ownership interest acting like that (the contrast being Alan & John at Suffolk Sportsman, who obviously care and I believe are owner/operators).

maybe a letter directly to ownership/management would get somewhere.  ??)
TEAM KALASHNIKOV

#4 JChris97

JChris97

Gun Guru

• 1,370 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted June 17 2009 - 12:02 PM

I wonder if the owners of places like ths (LISC in particular) are aware of the bashing they get on Internet
forums. Real businessmen know that a situation like this needs to be addressed.
John

What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" don't you understand ?

PROUD MEMBER:   NRA,  SASI,  NYSRPA,  LIF,  OLD BETHPAGE  R & P  

It is the soldier:
Who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag,

that allows the protester to burn the flag

#5 Johnc

Johnc

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: , ,
  • 3,908 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 12:11 PM

Vergeltung said:

is it a disconnect bewtween un-caring workers and the real owners!?? I connot imagine anyone with a healthy ownership interest acting like that (the contrast being Alan & John at Suffolk Sportsman, who obviously care and I believe are owner/operators).

maybe a letter directly to ownership/management would get somewhere.  ??)

You are correct, Alan and John are the owners.

They are both examples that many others should follow.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  Join us at http://www.liffreedomfund.org/

#6 Vergeltung

Vergeltung

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 1,970 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 12:15 PM

Johnc said:

You are correct, Alan and John are the owners.

They are both examples that many others should follow.

and that shows 100% of the time. I can only imagine that, perhaps, these other places have absentee ownership.

TEAM KALASHNIKOV

#7 daves

daves

Sharp Shooter!

• 321 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 01:35 PM

I have been in T & T a few times, even bought a sw 4006 there last year.  The place is hit or miss (mostly miss) depending on who you get.  For the most part though it seems like if your not one of their “regulars” they brush you off to the side.

-Dave
-Dave

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith. -Ronald Reagan Visit http://www.liffreedomfund.org

#8 jadesa227

jadesa227

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'll second the poor experiences with T & T and especially LISC. Unprofessional, rude, condescending, ignorant, sorry excuses for sales persons AND human beings. They can't even be civil to customers. These folks are miserable to even speak with. There are NO, repeat NO EXCUSES for this kind of treatment to customers. And yes, we have a voice and can make things happen because 1 dissatisfied customer can do damage 10X over by word of mouth, especially on the Internet. What is wrong with these folks? In stark contrast to this, I visited Hunter Supply this week (for the first time, didn't know of them) for an FFL transfer based on recommendations from this forum. What a pleasure it was to deal with Mark. I told him about recently joining the forum and he was very positive about it stating that he thought it was important for him to be able to read about what was happening with customers, opinions, experiences etc. as a way of being better (paraphrasing).
If south Shore turns out to be as others have described here, then these 2 stores will get all my business from here on. Sorry for the rant

John

#9 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Bayley we miss you. 1/10/99 3/29/13

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 11,710 posts
  • LocationTo my right is a rock, my left a hard place

Posted June 17 2009 - 08:38 PM

mafr0201 said:

I recently purchased a brand new Bushmaster AR-15 from them, and to be completely honest it was like pulling out my teeth!

Just a question, Did your "NEW" Bushmaster come with a case? All new Bushmasters come with a factory case . If you didn't get the case chances are you got one of their "put together" specials that have been going out of the door.

Yeah, I have issues. So what.
I find it interesting. As my age, experience, and knowledge expands. My tolerance shrinks

The FSA (Free Stuff Army) along with "I'm special" attitude is going to be the death of this wonderful country. I'm tired of paying for your stuff and you're only special to your family. Get over it.

#10 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,503 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted June 17 2009 - 09:57 PM

To each his own I guess.  I have always been treated rather well at T and T.
I have bought two ARs there, a shotgun, a .22 rifle, and several handguns.
Prices were comparable.  (No, I buy my ammo on-line, lol.)
The boss Marty has a 'rep'., but I have never had a problem with him and get along fine.
Rose, Frank, Tony and especially Hank are always helpful.  To each his own...
Every day is Saturday.  Yes, I'm retired, ( USG & USAR.)
NRA, NYSRPA  Member

#11 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 7,622 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 10:54 PM

I use LISC occasionally to shoot... when I can find time for practice shooting :-(  and like anyplace else, it depends on who you get and what day it is...  But one person in particular is always a bit of a 'mouth' and another is always a helpful, courteous professional.

it's OK to act like that with friends and regular customers... I'm not a 'regular' but they know I've been there before... And I"m the type who normally doesn't mind and will toss the 'crap' right back with a smile... but it gets annoying after a while nonetheless.  

T&T is the same...   I've dealt with Marty, I've dealt with others... good days and bad days...   Recently bought an old S&W model 10 from them (now they know who I am...and I'll still say it)  that day I got pretty good service, there was a bit of tension going on behind the counter with an issue that I, or any other customer should NOT have 1)had to listen to, 2) should NOT have been privy to, 3) should not have had to wait for my transaction to be taken care of because of the issue. (although knowing what happened I understood the tension)  The salesperson I dealt with was great.
Pete

"It ain't the guns stupid - It's the CRIMINALS!"

"Never try to teach a pig how to sing...it just wastes your time - and annoys the pig." - Robert Anson Heinlein

Prayer for obama - Psalm 109:8 ~ "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

Mom, 20 Sept. 1944 - 22 Sept 2010 RIP

#12 METALMAN

METALMAN

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 837 posts

Posted June 18 2009 - 06:10 AM

to have a better expeirance at lisc ask for fran or tony,and yes they are aware of whats going on and they dont like it either.
         A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed!                                   

#13 M1garand

M1garand

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,114 posts

Posted June 18 2009 - 10:48 PM

T&T will not get my business for one simple reason.  The salesman I dealt with didn't have an answer to the question I had and he was trying to lie his way out of it.  I don't deal with dishonest businesses.  There are plenty of gun stores that are owned and operated by honest and professional people here on LI.
www.pttactical.com
NRA Certified Instructor/Training Counselor/Chief Range Safety Officer
Glock/Bushmaster Factory Certified Armorer
CPR/AED/FIRST AID Instructor

#14 rocknat

rocknat

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,918 posts

Posted June 19 2009 - 04:08 AM

METALMAN said:

to have a better expeirance at lisc ask for fran or tony,and yes they are aware of whats going on and they dont like it either.

I second that. I have bought all my handguns from lisc and I only do it when Fran and Tony is there. The others "younger guys" seems like they can't be bother

#15 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• Administrators
  • 35,661 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 19 2009 - 07:59 AM

:yepthat

Check out our new raffles area, buy/sell/trade area, and official store today!

Remember that disputes on LIF are accessible to everyone on the Internet. The way in which you conduct yourself on LIF reflects on LIF and on you. Personal attacks will never help you make a point; they hurt the community and deter users from helping create a good community. We understand frustrations surrounding the 'NYSAFE' law which took effect 'behind closed doors'. Rest assured LIF will be addressing this in the very near future.

#16 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• Administrators
  • 35,661 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 19 2009 - 07:59 AM

:yepthat

Check out our new raffles area, buy/sell/trade area, and official store today!

Remember that disputes on LIF are accessible to everyone on the Internet. The way in which you conduct yourself on LIF reflects on LIF and on you. Personal attacks will never help you make a point; they hurt the community and deter users from helping create a good community. We understand frustrations surrounding the 'NYSAFE' law which took effect 'behind closed doors'. Rest assured LIF will be addressing this in the very near future.

#17 milsurpmadman

milsurpmadman

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 62 posts

Posted June 21 2009 - 08:14 AM

I've bought ammo there a few times out of desparation. Did buy a Swedish M96 there also, back in the day when they had a lot of milsurps. They had couple of salesmen who were into milsurps and were pretty helpful. The owner and his son are about the most unfriendly people I've ever dealt with. Act as though they're doing me a favor by helping me spend my money.

#18 artburg

artburg

It takes hard work to be hated

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,128 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted June 21 2009 - 09:22 AM

rocknat said:

I second that. I have bought all my handguns from lisc and I only do it when Fran and Tony is there. The others "younger guys" seems like they can't be bother

I live around the corner from LISC .I was shopping for my 1st handgun and wanted to see a few different 45"s.Big guy with classes ignored my presence for 5-10 minutes.Then I got "You want anything?"Seemed real botherd to show me 2-3 guns.Shrugged off my questions.I said thanks
and left  he mummbled something under his breath.Went to South Shore Sportsman.Eric showed me 8-10 different 45's,told me all the differences and features.I went back left deposit with Mike and picked it up 2 weeks later.Everbody has their favorite shops,to each his own.LISC
will never be mine.Plus his price was $85 dollars higher.by the way to stay on topic T+T was $120 more with no mention of free mag promo at the time :)
Paid for by Artburg for President 2116
I'm artburg and I approve this message

NYS Glock Adoption Center director,I give all unwanted Glocks  a good home regardless of size and caliber :)     

NRA MEMBER
FORMER MEMBER OF MY OWN FAN CLUB
MONSTER addict in denial,now off the wagon...wait back on it,maybe
Honorary HOOTERS GIRL
Member of the Ugly Feet Club

Did You Know FedCop2012 is a Cop FanClub Memeber

#19 LoneWolfNY

LoneWolfNY

Live Free or Die

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1,426 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 28 2009 - 01:32 PM

My take on tnt. I gave them thousands in business and told people I knew to go there. I'm in the "group" of people that got okay service there because of the amount of business I gave them. Which I feel is wrong that you have to give large sums of money to get good service.  But the okay service was only from Hank, if he had time for you. Everyone else there is useless and is probably the reason why Hank has no time to help anyone or do the right thing. One thing to remember, Hank is a sales person that's there to sell only. I've seem him recommend guns to people just to move them off the shelf and laugh to the other guys about it. I finally had enough with the place when a buddy of mine bought a ar from them and was having constant problems with it. I told another buddy I work with about the problem and told me he heard about South Shore Sports and was going to check it out. After we checked it out we where both highly impressed with the place. Told my buddy to see what they said about it. Mike looked over the gun and contacted Bushmaster on behalf of my buddy to get it fixed. Long story short, we found out tnt is building "parts kit ar's" which is illegal for a gun store to do and selling them as if they came straight from Bushmaster. There doing it I'm sure because of the crazed buying of rifles since obama got in office. They needed more guns and that's how they got'em. Looking at the rifle before they sent it out you could tell, it wasn't put together by Bush. I was mad as hell, since I recommended the place to people. That was the last time I set foot in tnt. The only thing that keeps tnt open is Hank, Which I have no problem with, but the business practices they ALL follow there are the WORSE! I only go to South Shore Sports now and recommend them to everyone I know. You walk into South Shore Sports and your treated like you've been going there for 20 years. The service, prices, and knowledge there tnt can't come close to matching.
Mike

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

#20 kdp19

kdp19

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted June 28 2009 - 02:56 PM

I have to say I thought it was just me.  I'd walk into TNT or LISC and you would think I interrupted a funeral.  The entire,  "hey look a customer let's act like we're doing him a favor" mentality is just absurd.

I agree with LoneWolf if you walk into South Shore Sports they treat you like a human every time and they all have a great sense of humor.  Hunter Sports isn't that bad but I still prefer South Shore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users