Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

A+ For Country Gunsmith, Bohemia

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 usapat12

usapat12

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 12 2010 - 11:58 AM

I would like to thank Bobby G. at Country Gunsmith for doing such a great job removing a "Frankenstein" job of Muzzle Break on a 20" HBAR and crowing the barrel for me. Not too long ago I picked up a very clean post ban 20" HBAR Bushmaster barrel for $50 at a barn sale upstate near Saratoga NY. It seemed that the previous owner tried to remove a Smith Industries Muzzle Break that was attached via set screws into the barrel by "drilling out the set screws". Looked like he drilled all the way into the barrel and the break was still attached. Needless to say results were less than successful and the owner sold the barrel to me for cheap. After reading the forums and seeing positive reviews of Bob's work at Country Gunsmith, I decided to bring the barrel over to him. I was greeting in a friendly professional manner and felt welcomed from the start. The shop was clean and he had some great deals on long guns and ammo as well as assorted accessories and cleaning supplies. Bob said he may have to cut the barrel since it was drilled into but assured me that he could easily recrown it since my intention was to use it on a varmint rig without a muzzle break. I told him I was not in a rush to get it back since bow season is here, and he told me he would call when the work was completed. Much to my surprise I received a call the very next day from Bob stating I can come and pick it up. His work was excellent, and price was more than fair. I will certainly return to Bob at Country Gunsmith for future smith work and suggest you take the time and stop in if the need arises. A+ for Country Gunsmith in Bohemia (631.567.1555)
  • NRATC53, Peconic Paladin and LongIsland Guy like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38,956 posts

Posted October 12 2010 - 12:06 PM

Good deal.....

Welcome to the site. Stop by the welcome mat and introduce yourself.

#3 JesChefHunter

JesChefHunter

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 138 posts

Posted November 26 2010 - 01:39 AM

Where are they located because i work in Oakdale and i only know of Guns-and-Ammo in Bohemia?

#4 oldct

oldct

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 488 posts

Posted November 26 2010 - 05:12 AM

Bobby is a great gunsmith. Mark from Suffolk shooting supply give me his number a few years back and he is just excellent at what he dose.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#5 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,726 posts

Posted November 26 2010 - 08:11 AM

Country Gunsmith
1521 Ocean Ave # B4
Bohemia, NY 11716-1923
(631) 567-1555

2nd Building back

A true gentleman

#6 JesChefHunter

JesChefHunter

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 138 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the address    :)

#7 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 5,752 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the info. A good smith is hard to come by in these parts.

#8 m1lk

m1lk

whats next?

• Donated Member
  • 2,569 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted March 25 2011 - 02:10 PM

another plus for Mr. Guinta. sold me a two boxes of Norma 7.7 for about $20 a box. now thats a deal.

#9 Vertiviper

Vertiviper

Iz'gon'rain

• LIF Site Moderator
  • 4,890 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 25 2011 - 02:11 PM

Bob is really a fanstic gunsmith who does clean work.

#10 SteveG

SteveG

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,947 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 25 2011 - 02:45 PM

Used Bob many times.
Excellent work at reasonable prices.

#11 Gpsma

Gpsma

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 674 posts

Posted March 25 2011 - 03:23 PM

I remember buying a rifle from him at the old Amityville gunshow many years ago. I do believe he is the same gunsmith I used to re-blue a 8mm Ackley rifle I had. But this was many years ago...and if I remember correctly he was out in the Holtsville area and he worked out of his house. He had his shop at the garage level of a split-level house. If it is the same guy..he did a great job but he was not a warm and fuzzy kind of guy. I didnt care how warm he was as long as he did a good job and he did the right thing by me. I guess he finally opened a real shop now.

#12 Hank_G

Hank_G

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 391 posts
  • LocationNorth Fork

Posted March 25 2011 - 04:57 PM

Stopped in there once during my lunch break since he's around the block from the shop. Stood right up and introduced himself on the spot. Was hoping for a friendly greeting and got that and more. No pistols but as PO mentioned he did have a small selection of long arms and "bits & pieces" in the showcase. Nice guy and great work. LOOKING for something to have him work on :).
I understand his FFL prices are also one of the best at $30!

#13 Zanshin

Zanshin

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 112 posts

Posted July 24 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hrm I was thinking of having a barrel cut and recrowned but had no ideas where to get it done on LI.  I may call him and see how much he charges to cut and crown a Rem 700 barrel.

#14 Jake

Jake

Banned

• Banned
  • 6,853 posts
  • LocationHolbrook

Posted July 25 2011 - 04:56 AM

Any one know if he does parkerizing?

#15 LIMIKE

LIMIKE

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 25 2011 - 05:39 AM

I used Bob to spot weld my muzzle brake on one of my AR15's, he was very nice and did a great job  :)

#16 rvb1019

rvb1019

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 162 posts

Posted August 04 2011 - 08:51 PM

I stopped into Bob's shop this week for him to check out an old Belgium 16 gauge Shotgun I had found in my Father's closet after he passed. To the best of my knowledge, since my mother hated guns, the thing hasn't been fired in my 42 years. I wanted to make sure it was still safe to fire.

He was working on someone's rifle and reading him the riot act, he took stopped and gave me his attention. He showed me how to take the gun apart and give it a very though inspection. He gave it a green light so I'll be trying her out at Calverton on Sunday. he was very patient with this Noob.

Can't wait!

#17 cjj

cjj

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3,166 posts
  • LocationPort Jefferson Station

Posted August 04 2011 - 09:05 PM

My buddy was just talking about getting a muzzle brake welded onto his AR.  Thank you for the recommendation.
  • 4DR ZR1 likes this

#18 frank57

frank57

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,092 posts
  • LocationMaryland Florida

Posted August 05 2011 - 04:01 PM

Bob has done alot of work for me is fair with the prices and is  fun to talk to always meet nice people at his shop

#19 m1lk

m1lk

whats next?

• Donated Member
  • 2,569 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted August 05 2011 - 04:16 PM

does anyone know if bob will do receiver engraving, repainting parts, or gunkote/duracoating

#20 Zanshin

Zanshin

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 112 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 08:41 PM

The Country Gunsmith really does need a website.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users