Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Great experience at Suffolk Shooting Supply

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 husker

husker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted August 31 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hi guys
First I'd like to say thank you for this forum.
I've been hunting and target shooting for over 20 years.In that time i have shopped at almost every gun shop on Long Island and a bunch up state.
Mainly the last few years I have been buying my stuff on line. Not because it was cheeper , because most i don't feel like dealing with a lot of the local shops.
I live in Islip and there are 3 shops with in 15 mints of me. And i will not shop at any of them. There is Island Shooting Center ,2 blocks from my home. It feels ike if you not a COP they dont want to deal with you . There is Guns & Ammo , well lets just say Brian doesn't  really make you feel like spending money in his place. And American Out door Sports ,when you go there its like they can't be bothered  to help you. You would think gun shops would try to be nicer to customers. That is how they stay in business. I would rather spend my money here on the Island then give it to someone outer state. but given the local guys attitude they really left me no choices. Until a few week ago. I was working out in Yaphank and seen Suffolk Shooting Supply. I stopped jut to check it out and had no intention of buying any thing. Well i was very impressed, the shop it self was small but they people working there are very nice and didn't mine taking time to show me stuff and talk to me. The prices where good and they had a pretty good selection. I picked up to guns. A Mosin Nagant  and a Baby  Glock 26 witch was really nice because the suffolk licensing office was right down the street. Over all i have to say they are one of the best gun shops I have been to in some time. They where the ones that told me about this forum.
In reading a lot of the posting people have been putting on the forum I will have to check out some of the other shops like Camp Site and South Shore,but SSS is now my new store .

#2 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• OWNER
  • 33,469 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted August 31 2009 - 01:12 PM

First, thank you for such kind words about LIF.

Second; great write up on Suffolk Shooting Supply.  I hear good things from them all the time.  

Welcome to the community!

EDIT: husker has corrected me :) He's already postedin the Welcome Mat

Check out our new raffles area, buy/sell/trade area, and official store today!

Remember that disputes on LIF are accessible to everyone on the Internet. The way in which you conduct yourself on LIF reflects on LIF and on you. Personal attacks will never help you make a point; they hurt the community and deter users from helping create a good community. We understand frustrations surrounding the 'NYSAFE' law which took effect 'behind closed doors'. Rest assured LIF will be addressing this in the very near future.

#3 oldct

oldct

Sharp Shooter!

• 488 posts

Posted September 01 2009 - 10:55 AM

That is one of the best stores on the Island

#4 Frizzen

Frizzen

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 101 posts

Posted September 01 2009 - 05:46 PM

Great post! What's SSS's address/phone?
Brian

#5 VietVet

VietVet

101ST AIRBORNE

• Board Moderator
  • 3,439 posts

Posted September 01 2009 - 06:17 PM

Suffolk Shooting Supply
211 Main St.
Yaphank, NY 11980
631-775-7111
Owner is Mark, right down the block from Police HQ.

Closed Tues. & Wed.

Rich

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
President T. Roosevelt
:

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

#6 ramit

ramit

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 882 posts

Posted September 08 2009 - 01:11 PM

VietVet said:

Suffolk Shooting Supply
211 Main St.
Yaphank, NY 11980
631-775-7111
Owner is Mark, right down the block from Police HQ.

Closed Tues. & Wed.

Thanks for posting the adress Rich!
Was looking for the shop by somone elses directions last week and couldn't find it.

#7 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

Gun Guru

• Board Moderator
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted September 08 2009 - 03:07 PM

husker welcome  
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Posted Image
Member Of The NRA-Trophy Life Member of North American Hunting Club-Syosset Sportsman Club
DUCKS UNLIMATED WESTERN SUFFOLK CHAPTER
New York Hunter Safety Instructor

#8 RickT

RickT

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 56 posts

Posted September 08 2009 - 07:41 PM

I couldn't agree more.  Suffolk Shooting Supply is the best shop I've been to on LI.  So far I've purchased an AR and a Savage bolt action from Mark.  The guys in the shop are very helpfull and make you feel welcome.   Which is pretty uncommon in a lot of the shops on LI.  I would recommend SSS to anybody.

#9 DanHS

DanHS

Gun Guru

• 2,402 posts
  • LocationCalverton

Posted September 13 2009 - 10:22 PM

Stopped there Friday after learning about them here, small shop, but very nice people. Prices are good, selection of guns is decent and they can order most any new rifle for you. They have nice Mosin 91/30's, pricier than online but you get to check out the gun in person first. Transfer fee is $40 for rifles and $45 for handguns, which is good, when I get the 5.45 Saiga I'll have them do the transfer. I bought a mag for my Savage and some 30-06, I'll be back for more stuff for sure, helps that they are right by the LIE on my way west.

#10 cowmon2

cowmon2

Sharp Shooter!

• 469 posts
  • LocationBabylon

Posted September 13 2009 - 11:16 PM

ive had great experiences there too...bought both my ruger p345 and my Glock 19 from there...definitly the best store around as far as the people go...and it definitly makes the gun run very easy. two thumbs up.
MATTITUDE

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Member - LIF Mosin 100 GB
LIF TEAM KALASHNIKOV

#11 DustinMax

DustinMax

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 451 posts

Posted September 14 2009 - 08:14 AM

I have bough a whole bunch of guns from there real great people to deal with
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#12 ramit

ramit

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 882 posts

Posted September 15 2009 - 09:38 AM

On my way back from Orion 7, I just tried to stop in there and take a look around...
But they are closed on Tuesday and Wed (as VietVet mentioned above - but I forgot).. oh well I missed out.

#13 Merovingian

Merovingian

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 16 2009 - 08:56 PM

Mark is a good guy and runs a good business.  Never view his shop as competion to mine and he is only a few miles from me ( Orion 7 )

We do alot of business with each other and have helped each other out many times.  He has a bit of everything and is very reasonable.  I highly reccomend him for your NON M1 Garand needs  :)

Hey, this is my first post here on this site.   APJ

#14 LONGISLAND37

LONGISLAND37

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 26 2010 - 11:45 PM

SSS is a excellent shop to go to, there's two gun dealers in the area Bensons and Suffolk Shooting Supply. I highly recommend SUFFOLK SHOOTING SUPPLY the owner and employees always make you feel welcome and are extremely fare on prices both selling and buying. I've been to Orion 7 once also a very good shop for what he deals in  beautiful M1'S excellent selections at both stores.

My first post also and not the last.

#15 Recoil

Recoil

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,753 posts

Posted September 27 2010 - 06:16 AM

Merovingian said:

Mark is a good guy and runs a good business.  Never view his shop as competion to mine and he is only a few miles from me ( Orion 7 )

We do alot of business with each other and have helped each other out many times.  He has a bit of everything and is very reasonable.  I highly reccomend him for your NON M1 Garand needs  :)

Hey, this is my first post here on this site.   APJ

Welcome to the forum!

#16 phumb

phumb

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,382 posts

Posted September 27 2010 - 06:38 AM

yup, mark is top notch and welcome mero!
Paul

#17 hemi1500

hemi1500

Respected Gunowner

• 143 posts

Posted April 03 2011 - 01:37 PM

I was there today!!! Good bunch of guys there and a pretty good selection,,, they did not have a lefty that i wanted but will order it, As other have mentioned they are very helpful.  I am very glad i stopped by and i WILL go back

#18 oldct

oldct

Sharp Shooter!

• 488 posts

Posted April 03 2011 - 05:06 PM

He did have a lefty Stag Arms but it few off the shelf. I'm not a lefty but i know  its a pain to find a left handed firearm. Mark is a good guy and he will try his best to get you what you want.

#19 hemi1500

hemi1500

Respected Gunowner

• 143 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 08:00 AM

i am not a lefty either, i do shoot lefty though due to eye dominence...Nice guys,,,,If i had known the shop was there i would have gone  there a long time ago,,,i almost pass by it every time i go trap shooting,,,i get off exit 67 make a left to head to the range and hes just a minute to the right....I went with a friend who was glade he did not bring his wallet and only one credit card.  He said we will definitely be back and so will I.  I am also glad i found this place

#20 Congelatore

Congelatore

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 08:20 AM

hemi1500 said:

i am not a lefty either, i do shoot lefty though due to eye dominence...Nice guys,,,,If i had known the shop was there i would have gone  there a long time ago,,,i almost pass by it every time i go trap shooting,,,i get off exit 67 make a left to head to the range and hes just a minute to the right....I went with a friend who was glade he did not bring his wallet and only one credit card.  He said we will definitely be back and so will I.  I am also glad i found this place

Ditto that.  Had I known I would have gone there a long time ago.  Sounds like a good shop.  Thanks for the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users