Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Guns & Ammo - Bohemia  (ATF CLOSES ITS DOORS)

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#41 SydneyH

SydneyH

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2,404 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 08:14 PM

Agreed.
Brian doesn't have the best people skills in the world, but he has been an ardent 2A supporter.
Unfortunately, if the ATF and SCPD got involved, it does not bode well for Guns and Ammo.
There is no apparent vendetta motive like there was with the Nassau gun dealers.

No matter what, innocent until proven guilty. Brian may not always have been the most endearing person on occasion, but he still deserves a fair shake. He has ALWAYS been supportive of 2A rights and 2A rights organizations, giving time and money to the cause.

• Clayshooter631 likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,103 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted November 18 2011 - 08:18 PM

ATF doesn't swoop in unless there's a reason to. ...

Of course not. They would never do that. [/sarc]

Gotta be a Federal / regulatory beef. SCPD likely just involved for support, cooperation and reciprocity. After all, he's got to be held in custody somewhere and I don't know of a Federal detention center in Suffolk, so he's probably in Riverhead.

#43 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 08:24 PM

Of course not. They would never do that. [/sarc]

Gotta be a Federal / regulatory beef. SCPD likely just involved for support, cooperation and reciprocity. After all, he's got to be held in custody somewhere and I don't know of a Federal detention center in Suffolk, so he's probably in Riverhead.

Could also be the result of a SCPD investigation that they knew would lead to ATF so they called them in.
Got to be carefull who you sell to.  Not everyone who rides a Harley is a good guy.
ETA anything I say should be viewed as pure conjecture.
It'll come out soon enough.

#44 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 08:31 PM

Your right, I'm going to need pepto..

We don't remove any info..

I do recall the curtailing of the threads when the Nassau debacle went down. Things were pulled then. You can put down the pink stuff, for whatever reason I'm playing nice.
Maybe I'm just in a good mood.

#45 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,103 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted November 18 2011 - 08:42 PM

Could also be the result of a SCPD investigation that they knew would lead to ATF so they called them in.
Got to be carefull who you sell to.  Not everyone who rides a Harley is a good guy.
ETA anything I say should be viewed as pure conjecture.
It'll come out soon enough.

Could be but make no mistake - the ATF culture is that of a bunch of ideological tyrannical thugs. And it's all about guns. What ever happened to the alcohol and tobacco part of their regulatory and enforcement mission? You ever hear about them busting moonshiners or people running cigarettes from state to state? That's all handled by IRS agents (i.e., gol durn revenuers).

They are an agency that has no mission and should have been dissolved decades ago. Nothing they do can't just as easily be handled by the FBI and they are struggling to justify their existence. They are only successful, so far, because they are the tools of the gun-grabbers at the Federal level.

#46 Lamont

Lamont

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,400 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'll wait for further news.

#47 sigequinox220

sigequinox220

dislike Cuomo!

• Donated Member
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:29 PM

You are like the butler in Mr. Deeds.
Very sneaky.
Sent you a PM in response.

Well that's no fun :(

#48 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:34 PM

Well that's no fun :(

To nip the tin foil in the bud. What he pulled out was in response to what was in his post which was also pulled out which had nothing to do with topic.

#49 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:39 PM

Could be but make no mistake - the ATF culture is that of a bunch of ideological tyrannical thugs. And it's all about guns. What ever happened to the alcohol and tobacco part of their regulatory and enforcement mission? You ever hear about them busting moonshiners or people running cigarettes from state to state? That's all handled by IRS agents (i.e., gol durn revenuers).

They are an agency that has no mission and should have been dissolved decades ago. Nothing they do can't just as easily be handled by the FBI and they are struggling to justify their existence. They are only successful, so far, because they are the tools of the gun-grabbers at the Federal level.

Might I suggest some reading material for you? Read Unintended Consequences by John Ross. If for whatever reason you can't find it in a library since few carry it and they are always checked out. I have a signed copy. Will loan it to you with a refundable deposit.

#50 sherm66

sherm66

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6,119 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:52 PM

Looking on the bright side....at least he's gonna get a complete inventory of everything he's got in the store courtesy of the ATF.  THey may even do some dusting and better display the merchandise.

Yeah, then they'll auction it and take the proceeds before it even goes to trial. The Feds ain't Rice. The Feds enjoy a 95% conviction rate. And not because they win at trial, but because most plea out.

#51 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, then they'll auction it and take the proceeds before it even goes to trial. The Feds ain't Rice. The Feds enjoy a 95% conviction rate. And not because they win at trial, but because most plea out.

Henry Bowman had a different idea.

ETA just read your avatar. LOL

#52 Lemming

Lemming

Gun guru (poseur)

• Established Member
  • 6,177 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 10:03 PM

I thought that stores could transfer the stock to another FFL.  Or that they could transfer it to themself, but had to operate as a civilian (non-FFL)?  Pat Burns is still selling old C&R stock from BURNS BROTHERS.  Which, come to think of it, begs the question of how BB lost their FFL back when?  But that's for another thread, I suspect.

#53 helmup

helmup

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,757 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 10:08 PM

From Lord of War:

Borneo Officer: We're with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Yuri Orlov: Let me guess... this isn't about the alcohol or tobacco.

#54 LIRES1987

LIRES1987

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,221 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 11:03 PM

Horrible news, another one down for the count  :(

Sounds to me like the ATF needs to be shut down for committing treason and sending guns to Mexican drug cartels that were used to murder American citizens. Karma goes both ways ATF dudes.

#55 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 11:11 PM

Horrible news, another one down for the count  :(

Sounds to me like the ATF needs to be shut down for committing treason and sending guns to Mexican drug cartels that were used to murder American citizens. Karma goes both ways ATF dudes.

Sometimes things are not as they seem. Maybe SCPD brought in ATF? Let's just let this one play out.
This isn't Rice, this isn't what you might think.

#56 Lee442

Lee442

Sharp Shooter!

• Validating
  • 482 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 11:34 PM

I stopped in Chesters today for the first time, noticed that he had several log books on the counter and the top one had "pistols" on it. Maybe SCPD was doing the rounds and caught G&A, never been there either.

#57 winston

winston

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3,053 posts

Posted November 18 2011 - 11:41 PM

I think the type of store G & A was would make the ATF or pols nervous, his main stock if not all stock was military style weapons not relatively tame "sporting arms" I'll bet such a fair and honest, uncorrupted agency like the ATF  would be able to find something to nail somebody with whenever they wanted.

#58 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted November 19 2011 - 12:00 AM

I stopped in Chesters today for the first time, noticed that he had several log books on the counter and the top one had "pistols" on it. Maybe SCPD was doing the rounds and caught G&A, never been there either.

Audits are ongoing. They come around. Don't read something that you saw as a connection to the situation.

#59 Tos

Tos

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 215 posts

Posted November 19 2011 - 12:49 AM

My dad picked up a Derringer at Chester's this afternoon and said the guy behind the counter (not chester) was acting kinda paranoid.  He must have heard about G&A, I guess?

#60 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 666 posts

Posted November 19 2011 - 02:29 AM

Its getting tougher and tougher to be here on the Island. I don't even know why G&A got busted, but none of whats going on in the last year RE: LI FFL licensees makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users