Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Suffolk county hand gun safety course?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kavorka

kavorka

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted April 12 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi Guys,  I am applying for my hand gun license. I was wondering if there is any local hand gun safety courses around anybody might have gone to or could recommend.

"It's not who you are inside, it's what you do that defines you"

#2 henry

henry

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others:
  • 589 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 12 2011 - 05:13 PM

If you do not find what you are looking for here, you can search for an NRA certified course at http://www.nrainstru...archcourse.aspx
NRA Life Member  Posted Image

#3 Paté

Paté

The Original Assault Carrot

• Administrators
  • 30,048 posts
  • LocationI'm over here now!

Posted April 12 2011 - 05:16 PM

We have different classes running.

http://www.longislan...orum/b-courses/

Pat

Posted Image

#4 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 4,558 posts

Posted April 12 2011 - 05:24 PM

I took the James Dinan basic pistol course, very informative and you get a nifty certificate of completion.

#5 kavorka

kavorka

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted April 12 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thank you for your responses. I am going to look into the James Dinan course. I live in Holtsville, so it very close to me. Thanks Guys!

#6 free2scour

free2scour

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationLake Ronkonkoma, NY

Posted April 12 2011 - 06:25 PM

I took the NRA Basic Pistol Course offered by one of our members, Foosel.  You'll have to wait for you license to arrive though before you can take the class.....
Don --
NRA Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
RWVA Member
Appleseed Rifleman / IIT
Member - LIF Mosin 100 GB
Homebrewer - 120 Career Gallons

#7 kavorka

kavorka

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted April 12 2011 - 08:00 PM

I just spoke to James Dinan a little wile ago on the phone. I called up expecting to get an answering machine and he answered the phone. He is a really nice guy. He went over everything with me on what to expect and what the class will cover.  He has a two day safety class next month, it will be in a class room on Gun safety and marksmanship, I look forward to attending it. Thank you again guys for helping me find this class, I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

#8 jkf

jkf

Gun Guru

• 502 posts
  • LocationThe Free State of Georgia (formerly the not-so-free town of Bay Shore)

Posted April 12 2011 - 08:25 PM

I attended the James Dinan course earlier this year - it was excellent!  I'm sure you're going to be very happy you signed up!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."  - Larry Elder

#9 psydaddy

psydaddy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,548 posts
  • LocationCommack

Posted April 12 2011 - 08:45 PM

I attended James' class in September of '09.  Great course, really great instructor.  You won't regret a minute!

Dov
NRA-Life, SAF-Life, JPFO, NAGR, SAFE, NYSRPA
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."_--Thomas Paine

#10 kavorka

kavorka

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted April 12 2011 - 09:03 PM

jkf said:

I attended the James Dinan course earlier this year - it was excellent!  I'm sure you're going to be very happy you signed up!

Yeah, I am very much looking forward to it. I wanted to sign up over the phone but he said he has to send me the paperwork. I then fill it out and send it back to him with a deposit. I should have it this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users