Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Hi-Point 4095 .40 cal Semi-Auto Rifle

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mc LongShot

Mc LongShot

ummm do what now

• Donated Member
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted May 23 2012 - 04:01 PM

HOW DO PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT THE Hi-Point 4095 .40 cal Semi-Auto Rifle. THEY ARE ASKING 370 FOR IT?? FIGURED I WOULD SEE HOW YOU GUYS FELT ABOUT IT
DON'T TREAD ON ME

"OUR HOUSES ARE PROTECTED BY THE GOOD LORD AND A GUN,
YOU MIGHT MEET THEM BOTH IF YOU COME HERE NOT WELCOME SON"

MOLON LABE

#2 ontargetguy

ontargetguy

OnTargetGuy

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,283 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 04:08 PM

not my cup of tea but it seams to me the normal selling point of the rifle.  my friend has the 9mm he likes it, but if I were to get one it would be the 45
"To blame guns for killing people is like blaming pencils for spelling errors."

#3 Captain Will

Captain Will

Gun Guru

• 16,164 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 04:09 PM

I have better rifles for hunting or survival, so the big question is what do you want to do with it? IMO if you want a target/plinker, 995 is the way to go. If you want a HD long gun, buy a 12ga.  I don't see the point of a gun that is more expensive to shoot than a 9mm unless there is somne underlying purpose to thew more expensive chambering.

So, my recommendation would be to go for the 995 instead.
Which is a kinda  POS, but you at least are not feeding it more expensive ammo.

When 1000 rounds of ammo costs more than your gun, and you shoot the thing, you have to ask yourself a few questions.
“I think you have a perfect right to buy weapons and keep them for protection or for sport....You can read it to say they only talked about militias pr you can read it to say they wanted guns in your pocket. I don’t know, that’s up to you.”  -  Mayor Michael Bloomberg

#4 Strictlybiz717

Strictlybiz717

Gun Guru

• 806 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted May 23 2012 - 05:10 PM

I had the .45 acp hi point carbine and I loved it. It shot flawlessly. I used it for HD, it was very easy to mount goodies on it. I ended it taking it to the range quite a bit. The recoil is non existent so your wife/kids could fire it. For the money, you can't go wrong.

#5 AkunaMatata

AkunaMatata

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 5,575 posts
  • LocationRiverhead

Posted May 23 2012 - 05:41 PM

Personally, I would go with the 9mm no matter what you're using it for. For home defense there is plenty of 9mm specialty loads that will get the job done just as good as anything else, and for target shooting 9mm is cheaper as well as flatter shooting.

.40 and .45 are great rounds, but they cost more and don't have a real advantage in a carbine imo.
"The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. An evil soul is an evil sword."

-Shimada Toranosuke, 'The Sword of Doom'

GO TEAM KALASHNIKOV!!!

[face=Times]Team SKS. Just like Team AK, but with more class. [/face]

#6 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2,225 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 06:39 PM

I will supplement what these guys are saying, and as a 9mm Keltec Sub 2k owner, I vote for that over the Hi-Point!
Mike
Member - LIF Mosin 100 GB

#7 Lemming

Lemming

Gun guru (poseur)

• 5,530 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 08:22 PM

I have a 995.  They're terrific little plinkers, and not bad for HD.  Quite accurate, quite reliable.  You are limited to 10 round mags, versus the Keltec which can use pre-bans.

However, $370 sounds like a lot of money.  Is it coming with lasers and lights or something?

I'd paid under $250 for a 995 with a front grip when AOS had their "come to our temporary location sale".

--Team Steve

#8 Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter

Mr. ¼ MOA

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2,110 posts
  • LocationAt Home With Your Wife

Posted May 23 2012 - 08:58 PM

If you're using it for home defense, it'll do just fine.  It's not
the highest of quality, but this is what you can expect from
a semi-auto pistol caliber rifle at that price.  In fact, it was
just last year that they were only $249.  Again, not knocking
it, for the price it'll do the job.

If you are going to use it for home defense mainly, I'd go
for the .45 ACP.  Money is not option when one shot is all it
will take.  IMO.

If you can find a Kel Tec Sub-2000, I think that would be a
better choice.  High end choices would be the Kriss Super V
that will cost 5X more.

Here are two other very good ones IMO:
http://www.longislan...337111960.99969

Beretta CX4 Storm .45 ACP
Posted Image

JR Carbine .45 ACP
Posted Image

Peace,
GH-07

#9 SemiAutoFetish

SemiAutoFetish

Gun Guru

• 1,253 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 09:31 PM

I have the 4095ts in .40. I bought it new almost 2 years ago I believe for 330. Not sure why I picked .40 at the time. I guess because the ammo is a little cheaper than .45 and a little bigger than 9mm. Very accurate at close ranges (10 - 30ft). The factory iron peep sights are actually pretty good and easy to aquire targets quickly with.

#10 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 16,319 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted May 23 2012 - 10:57 PM

jeepejeep said:

I have one and love it. It's reliable, very accurate, has a fantastic warranty and you can't beat it for the money. $370 sounds steep, however.

+1

I have my 9mm in an ATI stock, so its less ugly than original. But it runs like a sewing machine, but with bigger holes in the end. The kids love it, the wife loves it, and its cheap to feed. With a red dot scope its easy to do quick shots even at 50 yards. And I've seen guys shoot fairly accurately out to 200 with irons.
$300 sounds closer to the right price.

Captain Will said:

When 1000 rounds of ammo costs more than your gun, and you shoot the thing, you have to ask yourself a few questions.

In the end if you go to the range often enough the cost of ammo will always be more than cost of the gun, as many here can attest to. Just ask the guys who's rifles are chambered in $5 bills, also known as .338/.408/.50BMG

#11 Tampashooter81

Tampashooter81

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 24 2012 - 01:33 PM

Mc LongShot said:

HOW DO PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT THE Hi-Point 4095 .40 cal Semi-Auto Rifle. THEY ARE ASKING 370 FOR IT?? FIGURED I WOULD SEE HOW YOU GUYS FELT ABOUT IT

I love mine.. Turn off the caps lock

#12 Mc LongShot

Mc LongShot

ummm do what now

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted May 24 2012 - 02:07 PM

WOULD LOVE TO BUT THE WAY MY SYSTEM IS AT WORK IF ITS NOT ON I CANT LIST THINGS AND SINCE MY EMPLOYEES ARE SPECIAL I REMOVED AND COVERED THE CAPS BUTTONS SO LIKE I SAY EVERY TIME I APOLOGIZE AND IF CAPS IS THE WORST THING YOU SEE ALL DAY YOU HAD A GOOD DAY
DON'T TREAD ON ME

MOLON LABE

#13 cMc214

cMc214

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,175 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma

Posted May 24 2012 - 02:20 PM

I have the 9mm version and I love it, never had one problem and is as accurate as I could hope to be.

20 Rounds
15 Yards
Standing
Proud LIF Member
NRA Member
Navy Veteran

#14 loadingdockman

loadingdockman

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,250 posts
  • LocationYou will never know........

Posted May 24 2012 - 02:57 PM

Mc LongShot said:

WOULD LOVE TO BUT THE WAY MY SYSTEM IS AT WORK IF ITS NOT ON I CANT LIST THINGS AND SINCE MY EMPLOYEES ARE SPECIAL I REMOVED AND COVERED THE CAPS BUTTONS SO LIKE I SAY EVERY TIME I APOLOGIZE AND IF CAPS IS THE WORST THING YOU SEE ALL DAY YOU HAD A GOOD DAY

:donald:donald:donald
i have an hp in .45 and have run almost 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. it's a good value in my opinion. my kids won't let me part with it due to the low recoil.....(caps off ;))
Make love not war~~Leslie Edeleman 1970something

#15 Lemming

Lemming

Gun guru (poseur)

• 5,530 posts

Posted May 24 2012 - 03:16 PM

Mc LongShot said:

You see, Long Shot is really (pulls off rubber mask) Old man M14BULLETS!

He'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for us meddling kids.
--Team Steve

#16 Dwaller

Dwaller

American Patriot

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 997 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst NY

Posted May 24 2012 - 03:40 PM

I have the .45 and I love it,only have it for a cpl of weeks and its been to the range once. I must say VERY light recoil and very accurate from what I saw only had 50 rnds due to the amo shack being closed!

#17 Dwaller

Dwaller

American Patriot

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 997 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst NY

Posted May 24 2012 - 03:45 PM

I now have a friend who wants one and the 3 places he called do not have any in stock! He was told that they cant keep them in stock!

#18 Mc LongShot

Mc LongShot

ummm do what now

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted May 24 2012 - 04:31 PM

HAHAHAHA LOVE IT GURU

DWALLER TELL YOUR FRIEND TO GIVE CAMPSITE A CALL THEY HAD ONE TWO DAYS AGO FS $370 OUT THE DOOR CASH IDK IF ITS STILL THERE
DON'T TREAD ON ME

MOLON LABE

#19 Dwaller

Dwaller

American Patriot

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 997 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst NY

Posted May 24 2012 - 05:36 PM

He ordered one from Highpoint,he might already have it! Thanks anyway!!

#20 Corameng3

Corameng3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 08:09 PM

I bought mine from Chester's with all the goodies flashlight, lazer and forend grip for $400 plus tax, it's been very good to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users