Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Long Island Firearms -Bodyguard 380 FULL REVIEW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• OWNER
  • 33,455 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted November 07 2010 - 06:39 AM

Long Island Firearms had the honor of obtaining a new Smith & Wesson BodyGuard 380 for use of creating a review.

In the coming days; check back here for a complete review, comparison, live fire test results as well as comprehensive conclusion on this new firearm.

We would like to thank Smith and Wesson for the use of this new firearm.

Stay Tuned!

PS: We will be asking members if they would like to participate in reviewing new products.

http://www.longislan...s/bodyguard.bmp

Check out our new raffles area, buy/sell/trade area, and official store today!

Remember that disputes on LIF are accessible to everyone on the Internet. The way in which you conduct yourself on LIF reflects on LIF and on you. Personal attacks will never help you make a point; they hurt the community and deter users from helping create a good community. We understand frustrations surrounding the 'NYSAFE' law which took effect 'behind closed doors'. Rest assured LIF will be addressing this in the very near future.

#2 artburg

artburg

It takes hard work to be hated

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 4,775 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County Jail

Posted November 07 2010 - 07:10 AM

Very cool Steve,was wondering about that little guy for months as a possible replacement for my LCP. :)
Paid for by Artburg for President 2116
I'm artburg and I approve this message

NYS Glock Adoption Center director,I give all unwanted Glocks  a good home regardless of size and caliber :)     

NRA MEMBER
FORMER MEMBER OF MY OWN FAN CLUB
MONSTER addict in denial,now off the wagon...wait back on it,maybe
Honorary HOOTERS GIRL
Member of the Ugly Feet Club

Did You Know FedCop2012 is a Cop FanClub Memeber

#3 RoadKing

RoadKing

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,298 posts

Posted November 07 2010 - 08:03 AM

I already own one....My review...E for excellent
NRA,NYSRPA,JPFO,GOA & Freeport R&R
"All you need for happiness is a good gun,a good horse(or motorcycle)and a good wife"
Daniel Boone
"My idea of help from above..Is a sniper on the roof"

#4 Mag162

Mag162

Respected Gunowner

• Banned
  • 228 posts

Posted November 07 2010 - 08:31 AM

I've been using one as my daily ccw and love it too.
Shoots very well.

#5 CAP 10

CAP 10

Sharp Shooter!

• 339 posts

Posted November 07 2010 - 09:20 AM

The Architect said:

Long Island Firearms had the honor of obtaining a new Smith & Wesson BodyGuard 380 for use of creating a review.

In the coming days; check back here for a complete review, comparison, live fire test results as well as comprehensive conclusion on this new firearm.

We would like to thank Smith and Wesson for the use of this new firearm.

Stay Tuned!

PS: We will be asking members if they would like to participate in reviewing new products.

http://www.longislan...s/bodyguard.bmp

WOW ! great idea.  Now we can get honest and objective reviews and from Long Island Firearms Members no less.  And I would definetly like to participate   Thanks

#6 jack park

jack park

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,761 posts
  • LocationMiller Place

Posted November 07 2010 - 09:36 AM

Love the idea!

Someone's been working hard for us ;)

Thanks!

NRA Life Member
NYSRPA
Peconic River Sportsmans
And Secular Member Of The Tribe

#7 Lurch

Lurch

Marksman

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 96 posts
  • LocationBay Shore

Posted November 08 2010 - 12:08 PM

Great idea Steve. I bought a 380 bodyguard from LISC last Friday and didn't shoot it yet.

A few months earlier I purchased a 38 Bodyguard revolver from LISC and had some problems with it. The laser was very accurate and the fixed sights shot high and to the left. Then the laser stopped working so LISC took the laser off and it was returned to S&W. The screws on the replacement laser were oversize and when S&W was advised, they wanted the complete revolver back. They were also asked to check out the fixed sights. S&W advised that they were destroying my old Bodyguard and sending a completely new one. It should arrive at LISC today or tomorrow.

What a company! One of the reasons I didn't hesitate to buy the 380 Bodyguard last Friday is the way S&W took care of me on the 38.

I'll try and get to LISC around 3:00 today if anyone is interested in shooting a few out of the 380.
Allan

U.S. Army 65, 66

Life Member of NRA

#8 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• Topic Starter
  • OWNER
  • 33,455 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted November 15 2010 - 10:10 PM

http://www.longislan...89876428.08721/

Check out our new raffles area, buy/sell/trade area, and official store today!

Remember that disputes on LIF are accessible to everyone on the Internet. The way in which you conduct yourself on LIF reflects on LIF and on you. Personal attacks will never help you make a point; they hurt the community and deter users from helping create a good community. We understand frustrations surrounding the 'NYSAFE' law which took effect 'behind closed doors'. Rest assured LIF will be addressing this in the very near future.

#9 bricknstones

bricknstones

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted October 19 2012 - 06:18 AM

I bought the BodyGaurd 380 recently really like the way it felt on my hands and the wright felt right as well.

I am hopping to go Sunday morning to the range.

Going to camp today to get the ammo that was suggested in the other thread about the BodyGaurd.
Can't wait!

#10 undertaker

undertaker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 08:50 PM

The S&W Bodtguard sounds like something worth looking into

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users