Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

SWAP A HUNT AND OR FISHING TRIP.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

NYS Safety Instructor

• Board Moderator
  • 3,872 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted February 24 2012 - 12:27 PM

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO DO SOME HUNTING AND FISHING AND HAVE A PLACE TO DO ONE BUT NOT THE OTHER TRY A SWAP.
TAKE SOME ONE OUT FOR A FISHING TRIP AND THEY CAN TAKE YOU OUT ON A DEER HUNT .
TAKE SOME ONE FOR A DUCK HUNT AND IN RETURN THEY WILL TAKE YOU OUT FOR WHAT EVERY YOU SWAP THEM FOR.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 2,784 posts
  • Location700 Miles South of the $hit Hole!

Posted December 13 2012 - 07:28 AM

So here it is,
I've been throwing this around in my head for awhile now and after reading another post yesterday from someone asking for help getting started duck hunting i decided to put it out there.
I hunt relentlessly for just about everything including ducks and geese.
During the season even my hardcore hunting buddies have a hard time keeping up and i find myself with an open spot on my boat or in the blind.
I would like offer those spots to folks here who want to learn the ropes or just give it a try to see what its all about.
I know its very hard to get started , especially gear and knowing where to go etc..

I have a 17ft TDB duck boat and private farms out east for geese.
I can also provide just about everything you will need including a shotgun if you dont have a suitable one for waterfowl.
There are a few things that you would need though
1. A valid hunting licence
2. Current duck stamp
3. HIP #
If you are bringing your own gun, it must be plugged so it can not accept more then 3 shells
It must also be able to shoot steel shot.

And finally, You must be a donated member here.
The reason for this is simple. LIF is awesome and it needs donations to survive.
I personally have benefitted tremendously from this site, whether it was from great deals in the buy/sell or in knowledge or the great people i've met here. Not to mention the entertainment value.
So in the intrest of keeping LIF alive and well, you must be atleast donated.

One more thing, even though i hunt hard and take it very seriously, I have always opperated under one motto
"I would rather be in a crappy blind with good friends than have it the other way around".
Safety is first above all!!! We go out to have a good time, enjoy what we have and come home safe!
When the hunt is successful its even sweeter!

If you think you might be interested, reply here or PM me for more info.

Chris

• Tohrtd3 likes this

#3 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

NYS Safety Instructor

• Board Moderator
  • 3,872 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:16 AM

Chris if you would like to get tougher for a duck or a goose hunt I would like that
as you might know I do have every thing needed from a plugged gun to some new full body geese decoys
and also some nice floaters from ducks to geese even a few brant
I also have OZ my dog who just loves to retrieve water fowl if you want to do some water fowl hunting
I am always ready as I am retired and bored most times
also rain cold and snow don't bother me
papabear

#4 Tully

Tully

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 972 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:34 AM

Put me on that list also. If you're ever looking for another hunter shoot me a PM. I'm in Wading River also.

#5 CommackBoy

CommackBoy

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7,713 posts
  • LocationCommack, NY

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:38 AM

So here it is,
I've been throwing this around in my head for awhile now and after reading another post yesterday from someone asking for help getting started duck hunting i decided to put it out there.
During the season even my hardcore hunting buddies have a hard time keeping up and i find myself with an open spot on my boat or in the blind.
I would like offer those spots to folks here who want to learn the ropes or just give it a try to see what its all about.
I know its very hard to get started , especially gear and knowing where to go etc..

I can also provide just about everything you will need including a shotgun if you dont have a suitable one for waterfowl.
2. Current duck stamp
3. HIP #
If you are bringing your own gun, it must be plugged so it can not accept more then 3 shells

The reason for this is simple. LIF is awesome and it needs donations to survive.
I personally have benefitted tremendously from this site, whether it was from great deals in the buy/sell or in knowledge or the great people i've met here. Not to mention the entertainment value.

One more thing, even though i hunt hard and take it very seriously, I have always opperated under one motto
"I would rather be in a crappy blind with good friends than have it the other way around".
Safety is first above all!!! We go out to have a good time, enjoy what we have and come home safe!

Chris

I would love you take you up on that offer!

#6 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Established Member
  • 2,784 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:43 PM

Chris if you would like to get tougher for a duck or a goose hunt I would like that
as you might know I do have every thing needed from a plugged gun to some new full body geese decoys
and also some nice floaters from ducks to geese even a few brant
I also have OZ my dog who just loves to retrieve water fowl if you want to do some water fowl hunting
I am always ready as I am retired and bored most times
also rain cold and snow don't bother me
papabear

Papabear
That sounds great , I'm pretty booked up this weekend but I'll PM you during the week and maybe we can set something up.
Chris

#7 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Established Member
  • 2,784 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:45 PM

I would love you take you up on that offer!

I will let you know when i have an open spot !
Chris

#8 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Established Member
  • 2,784 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 05:46 PM

Put me on that list also. If you're ever looking for another hunter shoot me a PM. I'm in Wading River also.

I sure will , we are probably neighbors :)
Chris

#9 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 06:14 PM

I would love to hunt geese. I know NOTHING about it. I'd even pay you to show me the ropes.

#10 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

NYS Safety Instructor

• Board Moderator
  • 3,872 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted December 13 2012 - 06:24 PM

I would love to hunt geese. I know NOTHING about it. I'd even pay you to show me the ropes.

paying a hunter to take you out is just like a guided hunt if he is not registered as a new York guided you can not pay them,
If you do and they take your money they can get fine and a suspension on there hunting license up to five years I belive
you can chip in for gas lunch or any other expense
papabear
  • The Architect and MossbergMan like this

#11 cgeminski

cgeminski

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationRidge, NY

Posted December 13 2012 - 07:16 PM

I have a 2 man duckboat I hunt with all over Long Island, a blind in the Hamptons and an 18ft center console I fish with in the Hamptons. I would be willing to take our new hunters or fishermen, especially a father with a young son who both have a passion for the outdoors. I am 42 and live in Ridge, it's always nice to find a few new hunting buddies!

In addition, if anyone who is experienced in the outdoors would like to work out a trade, here is what I have to offer. Waterfowl hunting or light tackle fishing for some bowhunting on Long Island. I would also be interested in trading for waterfowl or fishing trips, especially geese in pits or fishing early in the season in Jamaica Bay, a spot I have heard great stories about but have never experienced.

Anyone interested, please PM me

#12 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Established Member
  • 2,784 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 11:42 PM

Like Papa said i'm not a guide , just thought it would be good to help someone out.
but thanks for the offer.
I'll keep you in mind when i hit the goose fields.
Chris

#13 Tohrtd3

Tohrtd3

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationLynbrook, ny

Posted August 29 2013 - 05:36 PM

So here it is,

2. Current duck stamp
3. HIP #

Chris

I would love to take you up on the offer. First year in the field. I have a Rem 870 (where can I buy the plugs, I've looked for them a few times but have not seen them). I don't have decoys but I've bought a few calls and have other gear. To learn from another LIF-er would be awesome. I will become a donated member this weekend as the forum has already been supremely helpful and I definitely want to give back.

Thanks Chris,

-Tom-

Ps - I've interacted with papa bear on a bunch of threads, I'd love to meet him and go out for a hunt, you both seem super knowledgable and like my kind of people

#14 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 2,784 posts

Posted August 29 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hey Tom , I'll definitely keep you in mind. Unfortunatly, last year right after I posted on this thread my Dad was diagnosed with cancer. Needless to say my duck season went to crap after that.
He has recovered and I just got back from Fla. for some quality Dad time.

So this year I will definitely double my efforts to make good on my offer.

Chris

#15 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

NYS Safety Instructor

• Board Moderator
  • 3,872 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted August 29 2013 - 06:09 PM

I would love to take you up on the offer. First year in the field. I have a Rem 870 (where can I buy the plugs, I've looked for them a few times but have not seen them). I don't have decoys but I've bought a few calls and have other gear. To learn from another LIF-er would be awesome. I will become a donated member this weekend as the forum has already been supremely helpful and I definitely want to give back.

Thanks Chris,

-Tom-

Ps - I've interacted with papa bear on a bunch of threads, I'd love to meet him and go out for a hunt, you both seem super knowledgable and like my kind of people

if you need a plug for your 870 I bet you have one in your junk draw in the kitchen all you need is a chop stick from the chines restaurant they work best you just need to trim it to fit your gun I have one in my Mossberg 500 for 20 years now Babaloo if you need a partner just give me a holler I am all ways looking to go for ducks and geese may be we can swap a hunt Tom [Tohrtd3 ] Ill get you out there as soon as I can too papabear ;o)

Edited by PaPaBear, August 29 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#16 Nikstorm

Nikstorm

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,357 posts

Posted August 29 2013 - 09:02 PM

HIP#???
Never heard of this.

#17 cgeminski

cgeminski

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationRidge, NY

Posted August 29 2013 - 09:13 PM

Harvest Information Program. Its a survey you take in about 5 min, how many birds did you shoot last year? Did you hunt this? Did you hunt that? All for information & game management purposes, taking the survey is required by law and they issue you a HIP # once you have completed it. That # must be carried with you while hunting migratory birds, just like your license or duck stamp.
  • Babaloo likes this

#18 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted October 04 2014 - 08:05 AM

I lost my hunting partner to the big "C". I've never hunted State land always private.

Anybody have a spot for and old goat? I'm available any day, any time.

I charter a boat in Montauk every year for bass or tuna. I'm willing to trade a spot on the boat for a spot in your hunting group.

It doesn't have to be local. Any state any time. I'll contribute my share of cost.

Prefer deer, hogs, bear, moose, no bird hunting,

TIA

#19 Tohrtd3

Tohrtd3

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationLynbrook, ny

Posted October 23 2014 - 08:53 AM

Babaloo,

If this offer is still out there this year, keep me in mind. Im ready to go out. I went out a bunch last year but was just trying to familiarize myself with the public land opportunities and didn't have success. I got one goose at Lido but that was the extent of my season. Hopefully we can hook up at some point this year.

Thanks

#20 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

NYS Safety Instructor

• Board Moderator
  • 3,872 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted October 24 2014 - 06:19 PM

Babaloo
I would send a PM to the person your intrsted in going with and find out if it is still opened and what you would need and do for the hunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users