Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Suns Out, Guns Out: How A New Bill Could Change New York Gun Laws Forever

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 503 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 01:44 PM

Yours truly quoted:

http://nycitylens.co...n-laws-forever/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3,975 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted May 19 2017 - 01:53 PM

my first thought as I read the article was how did Michael Cristiano, a technical consultant, get a concealed carry permit in Suffolk county.    sorry, but been drinking the KoolAid here for so long that is what my brainwashed mind came up with.

#3 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted May 19 2017 - 01:59 PM

my first thought as I read the article was how did Michael Cristiano, a technical consultant, get a concealed carry permit in Suffolk county.    sorry, but been drinking the KoolAid here for so long that is what my brainwashed mind came up with.

All of us, outside of NYC, who have handgun licenses, have a concealed carry license. Depending on what you do or did, for a living, the restrictions may be different but that's the only difference. Mr. Christiano's license is no different.

Gary

#4 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 503 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 02:04 PM

All of us, outside of NYC, who have handgun licenses, have a concealed carry license. Depending on what you do or did, for a living, the restrictions may be different but that's the only difference. Mr. Christiano's license is no different.

Gary

CCW license in NY is the legal title of the license.  It's functional title is "dial 911 and wait for the police to tag and bag you".

• NRATC53 and Lou G like this

#5 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 503 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 02:09 PM

And these clowns are a disgrace to the profession of law enforcement.  Bought, lock, stock, and barrel by Bloomberg.

https://www.lepartnership.org/

• MasonEtAl likes this

#6 Landlubber

Landlubber

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNassau NY

Posted May 19 2017 - 09:12 PM

How would people hit a target in busy Times Square? THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO, that's the point! I'm at Penn every day and have suucessfully resisted the urge to stab or even punch anybody, it's highly unlikely I'd need to shoot somebody- but if you have some moron running people doawn, maybe a stray bullet or two is less of a threat than a speeding car on a street filled with pedestrians.

How can citizens have better accuracy than police? Well, practically ALL the "citizens" I've seen that have had firearms training are at least AS accurate as cops with 12lb triggers, and the worst shots I've ever seen in my life besides that "Gloc" rapper guy are US Treasury Agents- granted that group was at MF for remedial firearms work.

• Trailblazer likes this

#7 Landlubber

Landlubber

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNassau NY

Posted May 19 2017 - 09:14 PM

And these clowns are a disgrace to the profession of law enforcement.  Bought, lock, stock, and barrel by Bloomberg.

https://www.lepartnership.org/

• Elected officials must commit to closing gaps in the current regulatory system, including those that enable felons, minors, persons with mental illness, and other prohibited persons to access firearms, and those that allow the trafficking of illegal guns.

OK what gaps?

#8 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 2,708 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 09:27 PM

Wow, such a poorly written article that just accepts the most ludicris statements as facts.
  • NRATC53 and Ransom like this

#9 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,165 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted May 20 2017 - 07:56 AM

"Do not use controlled substances". ? He's wrong, I know 2 people with SC pistol licenses with lumbar disc degeneration, that use Rx pain medications, that were reported. What a douche.

#10 imrich

imrich

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 245 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted May 20 2017 - 12:08 PM

If all the rhetoric the anti gun lobby used had to pass through the smell test we would win the argument hands down. Half of their argument is misinformation and the other half are just flat out lies. Nothing is guaranteed, but if you look at a map of the evolution of CCW, state by state over the last 25 or so years, it bodes very well for us.

http://www.hni.com/c...ry-animated-map

• NRATC53 and Ransom like this

#11 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2,193 posts

Posted May 20 2017 - 06:30 PM

Bwahahaaa..."Concealed carry reciprocity is an attack on local law enforcement, and an attack on local laws,” said Vance. Um, not quite, ya libtard douche nugget...NYC and NY State's blatant disregard for the US Constitution is an attack on federal law and all citizen's Constitutionally protected rights. Idiots. What we need to do is find the vaccine to stop the spread of the libtard virus, it's just reached pandemic proportions and is leaving half the country incapable of forming coherent thoughts.

• Ransom and Lou G like this

#12 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,259 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted May 20 2017 - 07:13 PM

Law abiding legal gun owners from other States is an attack on local law enforcement. Sure this guys normal.. Let me get this straight so this guy thinks that a legal law abiding gun owner that can carry in this State that Local law enforcement would be under attack. Yep this guys is a genius... Yep that's what legal law abiding gun owners do all the time attack police. We hear about that every day "Law abiding gun owner attacked the Police".... Talk about being on medications like to see what this guy is on...

#13 angelonm

angelonm

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,785 posts

Posted May 21 2017 - 08:52 AM

Funny how the article quotes people who either. Can carry a gun or have others protecting them ????? Logic.

#14 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,960 posts

Posted May 21 2017 - 12:15 PM

My comment

Do the anti gun folks realize that the state of Florida issues the same license in Miami that it does in the cattle country of Florida’s interior?, many other states do the same. NY’s gun control was implemented in 1911 by “Big Tim” Sullivan, a corrupt Tammany Hall politician. He instituted thus law because his criminal cohorts were being stopped from robbing and threatening recent immigrants by their intended victims arming themselves. He was also threatened by the Ballot box, as his Poll watchers were used to running off folks who wouldn’t vote for him. Rival candidate’s Poll watchers armed themselves, to resist the thugs of Big Tim, and Tim couldn’t have that. NY has lived under this autocratic law for over 100 years, and NY’ers face crime at a ridiculous rate. Most Issuing agents will NOT issue a license except heavily restricted for “Target” only. NYC tells you “Hire a cop” if you think you need protection. Ridiculous.What other right do you have to beg to exercise? Your Marriage license is recognized throughout the land, as is your drivers license, neither of which are Constitutionally guaranteed- Why wouldn’t a CCW license?

• Parashooter, Fourth ID, Lou G and 1 other like this

#15 imrich

imrich

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 245 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted May 21 2017 - 02:03 PM

Thissa Here^^^^

#16 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted May 21 2017 - 04:41 PM

I'll agree with your position and take it a step further... Some LEO's and Courts will even recognize drivers licenses from other countries, even when there is no means of verifying if they are legit or if the person is even capable of safely operating a motor vehicle!

#17 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,960 posts

Posted May 21 2017 - 07:44 PM

My comment still hasn't made it

#18 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,530 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 08:15 AM

My comment

Do the anti gun folks realize that the state of Florida issues the same license in Miami that it does in the cattle country of Florida’s interior?, many other states do the same. NY’s gun control was implemented in 1911 by “Big Tim” Sullivan, a corrupt Tammany Hall politician. He instituted thus law because his criminal cohorts were being stopped from robbing and threatening recent immigrants by their intended victims arming themselves. He was also threatened by the Ballot box, as his Poll watchers were used to running off folks who wouldn’t vote for him. Rival candidate’s Poll watchers armed themselves, to resist the thugs of Big Tim, and Tim couldn’t have that. NY has lived under this autocratic law for over 100 years, and NY’ers face crime at a ridiculous rate. Most Issuing agents will NOT issue a license except heavily restricted for “Target” only. NYC tells you “Hire a cop” if you think you need protection. Ridiculous.What other right do you have to beg to exercise? Your Marriage license is recognized throughout the land, as is your drivers license, neither of which are Constitutionally guaranteed- Why wouldn’t a CCW license?

I copy/pasted your comment and posted it.... just to make sure they read it... LOL.... maybe if enough of us do that it will sink in.

• NRATC53 likes this

#19 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6,030 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 01:03 PM

As others have mentioned, the urban versus rural argument doesn't hold up given highly populated areas in Florida and other states that don't apply the type of restrictions seen in NYC have been issuing license for decades.

While being able to hit a target is important the mere fact that more people may be carrying concealed is a deterrent. I don't imagine most criminals would be thinking "I don't know how many people have a weapon but none of them will hit me." The presence or the belief that there are good guys in the area with firearms is a deterrent.
  • Lou G likes this

#20 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 503 posts

Posted May 22 2017 - 02:14 PM

As others have mentioned, the urban versus rural argument doesn't hold up given highly populated areas in Florida and other states that don't apply the type of restrictions seen in NYC have been issuing license for decades.

While being able to hit a target is important the mere fact that more people may be carrying concealed is a deterrent. I don't imagine most criminals would be thinking "I don't know how many people have a weapon but none of them will hit me." The presence or the belief that there are good guys in the area with firearms is a deterrent.

Well, the "urban versus rural" myth is EXACTLY what Suffolk County police use to justify their "to and from range" administrative restriction.  I sat at a table where three of us were directly told by the Suffolk County Police Commissioner's loyal servant that the population density of Suffolk is too high, and the average handgun owner is too irresponsible to allow for civilian concealed carry.  The only civilians that are allowed to concealed carry are retired LE.  We can only hope that the national reciprocity law passes and gives them all a good smack down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users